A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security – using a token persisted in the database.
Couldn't make it to Devoxx 2014? Fortunately for you, we've got Geertjan Wielenga providing coverage of all of the important things that are going on this week in Antwerp.
Memory Leaks are still a major contributor of application problems and crashes. There are many tools out there that make finding memory leaks easier. This is a hands-on on how to do it with dynaTrace - using the Free Trial Edition.
In this article, Ernest gives a quick run-down of Java 8 Streams and how it works nicely together with Lambda Expressions.
While last year AngularJS was all the rage, it would appear that Docker is the new sweetheart on the tip of everyone's tongue at Devoxx 2014.
Are you using Struts? Then you should be aware of a well-known performance bug in Struts that causes high response time overhead due to a synchronized read access to config files which are re-parsed for every single request Struts is handling. If you have a lot of parallel requests your application is most likely spending most of its time in synchronization. Good news is that there is a fix...
Understanding Understanding in the context of both human and software action and perception.
Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Akka, Java 8 streams and Quasar: The classic use cases to the newest concurrency approaches for Java developers
OACC (pronounced Oak) is a powerful, new Java Application Security Framework. The almost revolutionary difference with OACC is a security model that provides an abstraction for the application objects being secured. As a result of this abstraction, the application does need database tables and code to manage security relationships, or provide custom implementations of various framework interfaces.
Not even a company like Apple is immune from website crashes (Apple’s new iPhone 6 crashed its website and live-stream, for example.) The best way to avoid this scenario and to bulletproof your web performance is to be smart, anticipate what may happen, and to employ the right combination of preparation and execution. Read on to learn...
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
JVM is adaptive in several regards. This post will take a look into adaptive heap sizing in action - through a small test case we see how the Eden and Survivor sizes are resized dynamically to prevent premature promotion to Tenured.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Behavior-driven development: Five tips for keeping BDD projects on track (09 Dec 2014) Many organizations are approaching software design in a new way, with one of the most popular being...
- Going beyond big data processing to achieve big data understanding (04 Dec 2014) Big data solutions have given enterprises the power to handle, manage and process massive amounts...
- From web development to delivery: Deep front end knowledge is a must for 2015 (02 Dec 2014) Web based deliver will be taken to new levels in 2015, as the technology used to deliver content...
- Reflecting on Liferay Portal: From big data to secure mobile delivery (02 Dec 2014) The portal has evolved in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the manner in which it can...
- Seven ways to optimize mobile apps for improved performance (26 Nov 2014) While many organizations have been developing mobile apps for years, making sure those apps are...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...