Kim Kardashian aside, we thought it might be fun to look back on 2014 and figure out what actually broke the internet. So without further ado…;http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-ten-things-broke-internet-2014/
Java developers are flooded with a plethora of libraries and tools for their day-to-day work. We compiled a little list of stuff that we use everyday in primarily business line development (CRM, banking, web dev etc.) and that we can wholeheartedly recommend. There’s also a very opinionated section of people that we’d like to give some props to, if you are not on it, give us a shout ;) Please...
Immutable objects are not the same as passive data structures without setters, despite a very common misbelief
In a traditional software engineering organization, the QA group is often seen as separate from the Development group, however, for folks outside the engineering team – say in Operations – they generally consider Development and QA to be in the same group. So what happens with QA in a DevOps organization? When Development and Operations merge together, where does that leave QA? This post will...
Regularly and systematically having your programmers' technical deliverables reviewed by an independent engineer will greatly improve your quality and team motivation.
Loading all data into a Hashtable instead of using proper SQL (24k Statements instead of one) and an overloaded web site (280 images on landing page) are the two top problems of November that we found in our Application Performance Clinic. Find the technical details and how you can do a quick sanity check on your application
A proposal for a different approach to application performance monitoring that is far more efficient, effective, extensible and eventual than traditional legacy approaches based on metrics and event logging.
Make sure that your website is up, serving customers, and meeting its performance expectations with user monitoring. In this post, we explore the five ways that Synthetic User Monitoring can make your website monitoring smarter.;http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-ways-synthetic-users-make-website-monitoring-smarter/
In this post, I’d like to examine code that implements a concurrent solution to the same problem and talk about what’s good about the given approach, what’s are some potential drawbacks, and what pitfalls may lay in wait for you.
With Java 8, a lot of new language improvements have been implemented for making life of developer easier. This post is not about learning these Java 8 features but how to apply them in Arquillian framework.
Explore the intellij IDEA source code
A website crash doesn’t just hurt your revenues; it hurts your brand. A small but elite list of brands, like HP and Best Buy, have struggled to keep up with the masses of frenzied online shoppers this Black Friday. As "Super Saturday" approaches, make sure your application is well prepared to support periods of high user demand – or you may have to contend with an unruly digital...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Step-by-step guide to Android development with Eclipse (15 Jan 2015) Learn how to create applications in an Android development environment in this guide.
- 10 reasons why HTML5 implementation should happen now (08 Jan 2015) Learn the top 10 reasons why HTML5 implementation should be your next Web development project.
- The 10 most common and avoidable HTML5 mistakes (09 Jan 2015) Learn about the 10 most common and most avoidable HTML5 mistakes and how best to avoid them.
- How to ensure continuous integration leads to continuous improvement (18 Dec 2014) Many organizations employ continuous integration strategies, but beyond simplifying DevOps, CI...
- Four tips to help tell if your continuous integration (CI) process is working (16 Dec 2014) Many organizations have adopted a continuous integration (CI) process. CI promises many benefits,...
- Google's Solve for 'X' program goes into high gear (23 Dec 2014) Solve for 'X' has become an annual Google initiative bringing innovators together to address global...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...