We’ve looked at Neo4j a bit already, so this is the second installment where we explore indexes, which are used to help you find your starting nodes and production deployment strategies.
The Microservices paper by Martin Fowler & James Lewis has been influencing many development team and projects around the world. This software architecture style has gained prominence among web-scale startups and enterprises. This paper describes how microservices related to SBA and XAP. We will review the different principles microservices lays out and describe how these fit into the SBA model
Groovy, Grails and Gradle together form an excellent and highly productive platform for developing modern web applications. Today we're going to look at deploying Grails applications written in Groovy effortlessly to AWS using Gradle and Boxfuse.
Measure your application performance and availability to the finest detail with a built-in transaction detection engine.
Lean how to implement a Search/Query Language for a Spring REST API using the standard Feed Item Query Language instead of a custom syntax.
Docker is an open-source project that automates the deployment of applications inside software containers, by providing an additional layer of abstraction and automation of operating-system-level virtualization on Linux. It seems that Docker has taken over the programming world lately. For this reason, we have gathered 10 awesome Docker tutorials to ease you into the framework and help you...
What are some of the most useful tips for keeping your GC overhead low?
I love this story from General Stanley McChrystal’s account of the NASA space program in his book Team of Teams. It’s an illustration of the foundation of DevOps principles and is obviously (as you’ll see shortly) not constrained to a developer or operations world; in fact the principles are rooted in systems-thinking which goes back longer than the now-hyped DevOps movement. On September 12,...
I’ve been doing a continuous delivery talk for a while now and during my talk I describe a pattern for safely migrating one database to another without downtime. Since many people contacted me and asked for more details about it, I will describe it here in more details as promised. You can use this pattern to migrate between two different databases, for instance between MySql and MongoDB or...
Hadoop is an Apache Software Foundation project. It is the open source version inspired by Google MapReduce and Google File System. In this example, we are going to demonstrate the second component of Hadoop framework called MapReduce and we will do so by Word Count Example (Hello World program of the Hadoop Ecosystem) but first we shall understand what MapReduce actually is.
What happens when a one day course hosted on virtual machines doesn't have the required software pre-configured? In a case like this, it's Bitnami to the rescue.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.