The new JSR 371 MVC 1.0 specification is coming. This specification will bring us an alternative way to apply MVC to the Java EE ecosystem in action-based manner.
It’s inevitable that web application problems are going to happen. But problems can come from anywhere, and sometimes you just need to know where to look. So we decided to put together a short guide on some of the most common performance issues you’ll encounter.
How to get a production ready Java application off the ground in the shortest time possible?
Alachisoft recently announced that NCache will now be licensed under the Apache 2.0 Open Source licence, bringing open source, distributed caching to the .NET community (and of course, to the Java community as well)
If we had to pick just one programming language that you should care about, it’d have to be dear old Java. In 2015, 20 years since its first release, we have multiple reasons as to why Java has managed to outperform many languages, on and off the JVM, and how it has become the most used cross-platform development tool, language and ecosystem. In this report, we take a look at the top 10...
Recently, we were invited to conduct a joint talk with a UX designer, Andrew from Viki on Improving communications between Design and Development for Singasug. The main focus of the talk was to introduce AngularJS and elaborate on how it help to improve collaboration between developers and designer from both sides of view. To illustrate the topic, we work together on revamping the Pet Clinic...
A decorator pattern, while being the best instrument to keep objects highly cohesive, solid, and loosely coupled, is unfortunately not very popular in traditional Java programming
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of enterprise Java development.
The art of software development is being radically transformed by the Agile Development methodology and the DevOps culture. This post will examine one particular challenge of this transformation: keeping QA and Operations in lockstep.
HTML5 local storage allows web applications to store values locally in the browser and can survive the browser session, just like cookies. Unlike cookies that need to be sent with every HTTP request, thereby affecting website performance, local storage data as information is never transferred to the server.
In this article, we talk about the importance of being able to monitor IoT devices in the field. When a large number of devices is being used, and when those devices generate lots of data, a cloud-based solution is preferred for collecting the data, especially if there are different groups of users with different sets of permissions. The Java EE 7 APIs allow you to develop a cloud-based...
Utility classes, even though they look like collections of functions, have nothing to do with functional programming, mostly because they are bags of procedures
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- What is Google's Solve for X? (06 Mar 2015) Learn about the Google initiative, Solve for X, in this podcast with Barry Burd.
- What we can expect from Hibernate OGM and data persistence in 2015 (09 Mar 2015) Emmanuel Bernard discusses the Hibernate OGM project and how it has progressed since it was...
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...