JVM is adaptive in several regards. This post will take a look into adaptive heap sizing in action - through a small test case we see how the Eden and Survivor sizes are resized dynamically to prevent premature promotion to Tenured.
This article is the second part of a two-part installment on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the impact of SOA on operations and DevOps. This installment reviews the other leading SOA technology: REpresentational State Transfer (REST). SOAP and REST behave differently and have their own management challenges and this article will help you better understand those differences and...
Memory Leaks, bad coding, High CPU Usage, Stuck Threads, Problematic Database calls ...? Follow my How To Guide on how to find these top performance problems in your Java, .NET, PHP or Mobile App with the latest Dynatrace 6.1 Beta. We give you 30 Day Free Trial with an option to lifetime free when you give us some feedback!
Explore how Jisgaw modules are defined, and discover their benefits.
DevOps is no longer considered a fad by those working with the latest development tools. Now, DevOps emphasizes people and processes as much as the cool tools, and there are many different approaches to bringing them together.
Ever notice how software development projects seem to slow down when you add more people? It’s probably one of the only manufacturing disciplines where adding people and layers of project management makes it more difficult to estimate the timeline and quality of the final output. Whether you are a small team in the throes of scaling, or a larger team looking to overhaul your development...
In this article we take a look at what is a lambda expression in Java 8.
The complete guide for using jstack to debug live production servers
My fellow about:virtualization contributor Eric Wright joins me in our on-going "Devs from Venus, Ops from Mars" series with his unique Ops perspective as informed by the Meatloaf classic "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."
Implement a full registration with Spring Security and Spring MVC.
Don't get fooled into thinking that Hadoop is just about mapreduce.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Addressing security concerns and evolving beyond Spring with Java EE 8 (05 Nov 2014) The Spring framework created a situation where the Java EE platform had plenty of catching up to...
- JSF best practices for optimizing mobile application performance (04 Nov 2014) More and more applications are being built using the JSF frameworks, but traditional development...
- Incorporating Google Maps to the Java desktop (28 Oct 2014) Rob Terpilowski discusses how he and his architect team brought Google Maps to the Java desktop in...
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) In this video, Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...
- Video: NetScout discusses new UPM platform (10 Nov 2014) At JavaOne 2014, NetScout VP and architect discuss Unified Performance Management platform in this...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.