JAXB is a 10-year-old anti-pattern that encourages Java developers to turn their objects into dumb, passive data structures
This is the first of a two part series describing our solution to building Angular apps with a Parse.com backend.
Concurrency is hard. It becomes even harder when the lock contention issues are hidden deep into the standard libraries used as building blocks for regular applications. This post is opening up one particularly common issue where java.util.Random usage is affecting the application performance.
In this article we take a look at the top 11 Free IDE's for Java Coding, Development & Programming.
One of AngularJS advantages is the simplicity it provides for validating forms. Today’s example demonstrates a simple way to implement client-side validation using the AngularJS form properties.
A second release candidate of the open source OACC Java™ Application Security Framework (OACC v2.0.0-rc.2) was released on March 23, 2015 and is available for download at oaccframework.org
Java Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder Hands-On Guide
Couchbase has reimagined and redefined the way enterprises scale a distributed database with Multi-Dimensional Scaling. It's the option to separate, isolate, and scale individual database services - query, index, and data - to improve performance and resource utilization.
The most common Jackson exceptions - the cause of the problem and the solution for each one.
Docker was voted one of the most popular open source projects in a survey conducted by The New Stack and The Linux Foundation during July 2014. This ever growing popularity of Docker’s container technology has brought over 14,000 different images to be offered on Docker Hub in September 2014. As a commercial feature, Docker private registries can provide enterprises with access control to their...
Takes is a pure object-oriented and immutable Java web framework that turns the design and development of web applications into a pleasant and fun process
Authentication is the basic requirement for most of websites. However, there are many mechanisms to implement authentication and they are not very interchangeable. Depend on business requirement, developers need to choose the most appropriate method of authentication for their application. It may not be an easy task unless one understand the differences among mechanisms well. In this short...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Bridging the gap between WebRTC, VoIP and phones (22 Apr 2015) The WebRTC protocol has shown great promise for integrating telephony capabilities into modern...
- High-performance computing with cloud clusters (22 Apr 2015) An expert offers tips for using cloud clusters to roll out high-performance computing applications...
- Inside the portal arena with Liferay (31 Mar 2015) Learn about the front facing portal applications happening at Liferay in this interview with TSS...
- Virtual networking can improve DevOps software quality (31 Mar 2015) Increased use of advanced networking functionality and virtual networking could lead to improved...
- Migrating a website without the migraines (30 Mar 2015) Given all that's involved, migrating to a new website can be challenging. Here is a checklist to...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.