How Groovy and Grails are helping many developers to adopt the Java EE platform
Have you ever been summoned into a "War Room" and were frustrated about the "wasted time" as you were sitting with too many people in the room without knowing what the actual problem is and how to fix it? Before entering such a scenario you should ask the 10 questions summarized in this blog article. It allows those that deal with a critical situation to call in the right people and those that...
Report from saturday's frantic DevFest Istanbul event. Find out what went on, what was discussed and what it was like to attend
There are hosts of technologies and programming languages available. Of these enterprises have widely embraced open source object-oriented programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby etc. for their web development requirements. Considering the coding advantages and structure of language, the most preferable languages that come to my mind are Ruby on Rails and Java since the other language i.e....
An increasing confusion about the future of Java and SQL raises the more and more pressing question: what will come after ORM?
NetBeans IDE 7.4 comes with a bunch of great new features, but which are the coolest and most helpful? NetBeans community members share their favorites features. What are yours?
Some limitations of MongoDB that can scare those who are beginning to adopt it.
Sonar is an open source platform for code quality management. It covers different aspects of code quality management like code duplication, complexity, coverage by unit tests, architecture & design, rule based defect identification etc. This post will help you to get started with Sonar in few minutes.
Complete visual tutorial on deploying an Oracle ADF application onto Amazon EC2.
Some reasons why you should pay more attention to Groovy as a great programming language for the JVM ecosystem.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- Is Lambda affecting your Java performance? (07 Nov 2013) Java champion Adam Bien discusses how Project Lambda is impacting Java performance.
- Proven strategies for avoiding mobile development pitfalls (21 Oct 2013) Many organizations are building their mobile platforms, but mistakes can be costly. Here are some...
- Lambda, Java 8, interface evolution and laws of unintended consequences (26 Sep 2013) Java 8 and Lambda are hot topics at JavaOne 2013, but many developers worry the changes to the...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Electric Cloud
- Do I need APIs if I have embraced SOA? (Apigee Europe LTD)
- Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013 (ComputerWeekly.com)
- Capgemini and Sogeti - World Quality Report 2013-2014 (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.