Spring MVC, Vaadin, GWT and JSF: A deeper look at stats from the 2014 Java Tools & Technologies Landscape
From the popular "Java Tools and Technologies Landscape for 2014” comes a bit of drill down and analysis specifically looking at usage behavior of Spring MVC, JSF, Vaadin and GWT users, the top four web frameworks according to 2164 developer responses.
Learn how the latest Java 8 and Java 7 builds broke some popular 3rd party tools such as JRebel, Javassist, Google’s Guice, and even Groovy itself.
How do different AWS regions compare to one another? We tested the 8 regions to find out what is the best way to transfer data from EC2 instances to S3 buckets
For many, the absence of Project Jigsaw in Java 8 was the one chink in an otherwise warmly received release. Although the inclusion of the Compact Profiles feature did go some way to meeting more immediate platform footprint scalability needs, for many, modularization is still a sticking point. Fortunately, things are looking up for Jigsaw.
We like to offer different opinions at MarcoBehler, and the first one is this: A huge part of the Java community has been living in a ghetto and/or cult and/or comfort zone when it comes to saving their objects to a database. Take for example these phenomena you see over and over again in real life projects:
The Google I/O conference was kind of a big deal this year. Not only was Android L introduced, it was the first introduction of a profound idea that Google is clearly tackling: blending native mobile apps with web-based user experience and navigation. Could it be the beginning of the end of native applications as we know it?
A brief run down of some of the more useful practices for java threads when developing software that uses multiple threads.
When I started my career around 10 years ago, Struts MVC is the norm in the market. However, over the years, I observed the Spring MVC slowly gaining popularity. This is not a surprise to me, given the seamless integration of Spring MVC with Spring container and the flexibility and extensibility that it offers. From my journey with Spring so far, I usually saw people making some common...
A modern testing and behavioural specification framework for Java 8: http://richardwarburton.github.io/lambda-behave/
Microservices are an architectural style where each service is implemented as an independent system. Because a system is composed by more than one service, each service will communicate with other services. So we need a way to implement this communication in effective way. And this is exactly what RxJava will do it.
We get it. As a tester you are working under pressure. We want you to be the best tester you can be: ready, prepared, and capable. So here are the top 6 mistakes testers are most likely to make when testing mobile application performance – and how to avoid them. http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-6-mistakes-testers-need-to-avoid-when-testing-mobile-application-performance/
With the introduction of the stream API in Java 8 parallel computation became easier than ever. However, it doesn’t mean that parallelizing every stream is a good idea. The underlying infrastructure is flexible enough, but a few surprises await you when you use it.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.