What are the top libraries used by some of the most popular Scala projects on GitHub? Based on analyzing 64,562 dependencies
With ZK 8 you can stay true to your Java roots, but also effortlessly keep up with the ever-evolving world of front-end technologies.
An introduction to implementing a simple but very useful serach/filter operation on your Spring REST APIs using JPA Criteria.
Ugh. Your boss wants an estimate for a couple of new features that your client requested. Problem is, your last estimates were way too optimistic and far off the actual time needed. Talk about deadline pressure, eh? Here are 5 simple ways to not make those same estimation mistakes again.
Performance is critical to the success of your web and mobile apps – and will be for a long time in the future. It’s not a matter of if you have to do it. It’s about how to do it best.
Spring is the inversion of controller framework. Spring’s power comes in the way one can configure a bean and wire the dependencies. Camel route itself is a mix of various components, spring becomes a natural fit in Camel’s journey. In this article, we will see how spring supports camel using some examples.
Catching an exception must be your last resort; a properly designed application would catch exceptions in one place only.
Capturing the essence of an Akka User Group conversation, we reveal 6 questions that Enterprise Architects ask about using Akka in production for distributed, resilient Reactive systems...
Not a lot of developers use Semaphores. They can be used to conserve your system resources though. This post takes a look at the four ways they are useful and how they work.
How can you start using one of the coolest features of Java 9 starting today?
This 3-part series explores the definition and benefits of using log data streams and real-time analytics for some common IT Ops uses cases.
Technical Debt starts when building bad code or using frameworks in a non optimal way. Bad usage of the Atlassian CDSFramework, Hibernate and Proxied Microservices are three use cases I explain in this blog for you to avoid and lower your technical debt
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...