At the heart of Codenvy is Eclipse Che, a cloud IDE and SDK with limitless customization potential.
A quick run-through of Java8's Optional with examples
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
What are the top Java libraries used by some of the most popular projects on Github? Based on analyzing 60,678 dependencies
Tacit is an open source CSS framework without a single class, which makes it very easy to use and learn
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
It is hard to comprehend just how quickly the companies who provide online tax services (TurboTax, TaxSlayer.com, eSmart Tax, H&R Block, and many others) need to ramp up their operations every year. Taxpayers don’t receive their W2s and other tax documentation until the end of January, so there is virtually no activity in that particular month. Then, once people have their forms at the beginning...
The main characteristics of a microservices-based application are defined in Microservices, Monoliths, and NoOps. Each service is fully autonomous and full-stack. Thus, changing a service implementation has no impact to other services as they communicate using well-defined interfaces. There are several advantages of such an application, but it’s not a free lunch and requires a significant effort...
A case study in upgrading a large codebase to Java 8 safely and without disruption to developers
JPQL does only support a subset of the SQL features and that is often not enough for real world applications. Using native queries in JPA has the downside that they return List
This article is the first in a two-part series on Test-Driven Development (TDD). After this, I’ll dive into Continuous Integration (CI). This article presents an overview of TDD, the process, and some of the tools that enable TDD. In part two, I’ll talk about code coverage, and the benefits that we, as developers, derive from it. As well as how TDD comes together not only for development but also...
Is mirrored simulation of software execution behavior across space and time prime ready?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...