I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
PDF is still an important file format and is even increasing in usage in the production of packaging and Archiving markets.... It now has its own Conference and organisation and you can find out more about both in this articles.
Unlock productivity is one of the bigger concerns for any person taking management role. However, people rarely agree on the best approaches to improve performance. Over the years, I have observed different managers using the opposite practices to churn out best performance of the team they are managing. Unfortunately, some works and other don't. To be more accurate, what does not increase...
Logentries recently co-hosted a webinar with BlazeMeter on advanced JMeter testing for 500,000+ users. The webinar had almost 1,000 registrants, and focused on helping users understand what’s happening on their systems during load testing; identify any warnings or exceptions being thrown; and how to use log data to analyze performance under this load level.
XPath isn't just for querying XML anymore. You can also use it to query your JSON trees and Java beans. In this quick tutorial, you'll see how to query Java objects with Data Pipeline's streaming XPath engine.
The best ideas are often found while on the border of several disciplines at once. We looked at the intersection of software product development and playing chess. These lessons is what we found in common between these two.
There is a lot more to testing than just finding bugs. Today’s testers are part detective, part forensic analyst, and part social scientist. When building a testing strategy you need to examine a pile of data, develop an understanding of how real users behave, and use that information to create test scenarios that push those limits. This is especially important when creating a strategy to test...
In this article we take a look at improving your Java Code and focuses on the 9 tools that can help with Java Performance Tuning.
Java 8 ready, JDO/JPA persistence to the widest range of datastores of any provider
Now, the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 isn’t usually something we’d touch on here at JAXenter, what with its focus on iOS flavoured-topics and all. But CEO Tim Cook’s surprise reveal of Apple’s new Swift language, to a rapturous reception, had our JVM senses a-tingling. Why? Well, for a start, there are some aspects of this new programming tool that those on the J-side may...
So you are new to the mobile performance testing world. Maybe this is your first job as a tester and you have been tasked with the project of setting up the test framework for a mobile application. Read on to learn the basics of mobile performance testing: http://www.neotys.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-mobile-performance-testing/
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
- Why All Enterprise Data Integration Products Are Not Equal (Talend)
- Presentation Transcript: Time is Money: Dramatically Reducing Performance Inefficiencies for Competitive Advantage (Dell Software)
- Medical Supply Company Improves Opportunity to Cash Processes with Application Integration (Apps Associates LLC)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.