Lightbend CTO and Akka creator Jonas Bonér has teamed up with O'Reilly Media to publish a new report called "Reactive Microservices Architecture: Design Principles for Distributed Systems".
Enterprise Application Performance Monitoring: A practical comparison between AppDynamics and Dynatrace
The previous article explored the Ops view of a simple Docker use case, so now it’s time to look at what the Dev side of the IT team sees as the reason to introduce Docker to our infrastructure.
In this post we look at how developers could use docker, what command line utilities are the most helpful for them and which commands should they mostly learn.
To conduct complete mobile performance testing, a process that will allow you to consistently deliver an exceptional application experience to mobile users, make sure you hit every point on our ultimate mobile performance testing checklist.
Pythpn has seen great popularity in the programming world lately. For this reason, we have gathered 10 awesome Pythpn tutorials to ease you into the framework and help you boost your own Web Development projects! Let’s do it!
As exciting as the IoT world may be, from the promise of autonomous cars to the egalitarian idea of a robotic butler in every home, there are still some serious technical challenges that organizations dabbling in the world of IoT must be aware. TSS and our sister site, IoT Agenda have assembled a handbook of expert articles to help you find your way in the often confusing world of IoT.
Just imagine - millions of little microservices projects polluting that once handsome Git repository. What's one to do? Dealing with it is good advice. Using a good Git distro like GitLab to help manage it all is another good idea. Here we talk to Sid, the CEO of venerable GitLab to find out what's going on in the world of DevOps, microservices, CI, and of course, Git.
If you’re using Java on Docker you might be breaking the law by violating Oracle’s License Agreement, without even knowing it.
There's no arguing Agile's effectiveness at improving the software development and delivery game, but there are undeniably diminishing returns as an Agile team grows, especially to teams of over a hundred participants. How can organizations make Agile scale? We turned to TaskTop's Mik Kersten for some answers.
This article delves into how we can run a Docker container, which is an emerging standard in the micro-container market.
Part II of my Tomcat Performance Blog focuses on efficient and inefficient ways of logging, performance impact from exceptions and simply bad code. Let me show you how to identify these hotspots in your own code
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...