Probably all of you are using CI/CD for building and delivering your applications. Some of the steps that a continuous delivery pipeline is typically composed are compile step, tests step, acceptance tests step, static code analysis, … But one step that is usually missed is the documentation step. In this screencast you will learn how to integrate the documentation process to your continuous...
Java 8 brought an improved Date and Time API which is still not supported by JPA. You either need to convert it yourself or use Hibernate 5.
Inside XpoLog’s unique Apps Interface, you can create your own dashboards and visualization gadgets to better understand what is happening inside your log4j logs and applications.
This is the second major update to a very popular article series titled 'Maven Releases on Steroids' which I originally published in 2011. The goal of the series was to provide a simple and efficient way to produce releases on a Maven project. Not only that, but it did so in a way that is compatible with Continuous Delivery. With its 3.2.1 release, Maven finally introduced support for Continuous...
The CUBA Platform is now available under the Apache 2.0 license
While some of you may have already looked into Continuous Performance Validation, we’d like to take this opportunity to discuss the concept in more detail and explain why it works for organizations using process and practices like agile, DevOps, continuous integration, continuous development, and automated testing.
Even though Java annotations are very popular and convenient, they are making Java code less object-oriented and more messy.
A Hands-on Overview of the New Java Local Variable Type Inference Language Feature
In this article we’ll be providing in-depth information on how to become a Web Developer. Well, I don’t have to tell you that web development is one of the most exciting fields in the world right now.
Java unified error handling through Exception, great! But unfortunately it did 2 bad things: 1. invented checked exception 2. replaced error codes with Exception class hierarchy Now most java libraries/frameworks abandoned checked exception. Next we should abandon exception hierarchy altogether. Instead, we should have one exception type and use error/exception codes to represent error...
Getters is a bad practice in OOP, this article suggests Printers as a more effective replacement
Meet some of the influential women in the Java and Scala industry
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...