When working with Enterprise Application we have always seen the classic application performance landmines in the areas of inefficient database access, misconfigured frameworks, excessive memory usage, bloated web pages and not following common web performance best practices among others. We aggregated the lessons learned into this blog that can be seen as a collection of best practice for...
The first result of the databen.ch project is available. It uses a simple financial system model to test persistence frameworks scalability and consistency. The project core is implemented in Scala.
DevOps as a cultural and technological methodology should be a pure win for most organizations--although how painful the path will be getting there depends on different factors.
Looks at what it means to provide a "lifelike" near real-time simulation of an application runtime that is performance monitored.
All New ZK Studio 2.0 Released! With content assistance for MVC & MVVM and improved solidity & performance!
This release brings major new features along with increased reliabilitiy and scalability
GlassFish 4 is under development now and will be released along with Java EE 7 in a few months. We need your help in testing the nightly and promoted builds of GlassFish.
How experiential learning and 5 important reflective questions help us better manage complex software systems.
In general the widely used libraries are well designed and implemented, and it’s very interesting to learn from them some coding best practices. Let’s take a look inside the hibernate core library and discover some of its design keys.
When we set up our application performance monitoring tool to correctly notify us about unexpected performance degradation, we often know about problems before our users start making calls to support. But what happens when we actually learn about a major performance outage?
OpenXava is a framework for Rapid Java Web Development, well-suited for business and database oriented applications. OpenXava allows you to develop applications just by writing simple domain classes with Java or Groovy. The user interface is generated automatically in runtime, without code generation.
Upload on S3 with the jclouds library - the 4 generic Blob APIs.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- CA Technologies
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.