An article looking at how simulation could have a huge impact on how we design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and manage software services.
It is once again PrimeTime! PrimeTek and PrimeFaces Team is pleased to announce the next generation of PrimeFaces as known as PF5. After months of hard work and dedication, PF5 is available to the Java EE community as a fully features community release with Apache License.
How do you create web apps that can be deployed to any vendor's servlet container? First, you drop container-managed security.
Dashboards using log data have an important property that does not exist when creating dashboards with many other approaches - i.e. your logs maintain the evidence! This means that if there is a spike in the number of signups or an increase in your customers’ using a particular feature, you can quickly validate what caused that change. Validating your data is something that can be particularly...
ZK Charts is a comprehensive set of interactive charts providing a complete set of Java APIs that makes visualization of your data exceptionally easy. ZK Charts also works with ZK's MVC and MVVM patterns to boost development productivity.
Whilst certain popularity stats may have you believe the language is tottering towards its dotage, a little probing reveals that things are very much alive beneath the surface.
Embedded technology takes a step forward with speedier, secure and scalable Java ME update.
Java 8 has a lot of new features - some are powerful new classes and idioms, while others are just things which should have been there from the get-go. Here are ten little gems definitely worth knowing about
Updates pivoted towards Oracle's platform update, along with a series of feature tweaks.
Linux engineer devises ingenious DIY 'PiPhone', powered by the humble single cell computer and basic electronics.
We've mostly focused on the sweet new additions to Java 8 - but there are two sides to every release. Lukas Eder delves into the murkier side of the update.
Apache Hadoop Development Tools (HDT) is still in development phase. So, no official distribution of Hadoop 2.2.0 Eclipse Plugin is available now. But we can build the same using winghc/hadoop2x-eclipse-plugin. In this post, we'll build, install and configure the plugin with the Eclipse or any Eclipse based IDE (say, Spring Tool Suite) to ease the development activities using Hadoop framework.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...