Enforcing data integrity ensures the quality of the data in the system, and contributes to have bug free applications. Two important steps in checking the data integrity are to identify valid values for a type and to decide how to enforce its data integrity.
In this article we take a look at How improve testing by looking at how to use Jemmy with JUnit in NetBeans
Have you ever wondered how big is the overhead posed by ArrayList, HashMap or any other java.util.Collections API used within your application? We have now finalized a thorough research in the field and can publish conclusions based on more than 500 different applications.
A question that many developers often ask is, “Can I make it run faster?” But what are you looking at to make it faster? The code? The network? Alan explores what you need to tune answer the question: what is Hadoop's Network Performance?
Kairi Kangro has written "On Java Collection Waste," an article in which he examines the wasted heap associated with the standard Java collections library. Short form: they work pretty well.
Spring Mobile Hello World Example that includes DeviceResolver, SitePreference, urlPath SiteSwitcher and LiteDeviceDelegatingViewResolver
Spring Mobile is an extension to Spring MVC for development of mobile web applications. The Spring Mobile Device module provides a feature (DeviceResolver / LiteDeviceResolver) to detect devices like mobile and tablet in the server side. Device aware view management is very useful specially when it is required to serve different optimized versions of same website based on request generating...
JINSPIRED has released a new free Java application performance monitoring solution, Satoris, based on it's adaptive intelligent technology along with the open sourcing of a Probes Open API.
Have you ever thought about seeing how well you’d do as an independent contractor in the coding game? What challenges you’d face, how your routine would change, and the risks that come with going solo?
CMS, or content management systems, are platforms for managing and administering website content. There is no denying that CMSes are important in today's web ecosystem. These content management systems not only provide an easy way to build and maintain websites, but they also lend a helping hand in updating and editing website content without the need to spend hours or days writing and altering...
When everything is running fine, your system logs can sometimes just get in the way and take up space. But when the code hits the fan, you want to see what's going on. So how can you cut through all the noise to understand what happened in the system before errors started occurring?
Adding Release Notes and Readme‘s to your software can be a bit tedious. Well, not in Bintray! Thanks to the excellent Asciidoctor framework, Bintray now lets you annotate your software with online Asciidoc docs, so it’s just as easy as writing code!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- Aggregating big data from embedded devices is changing the analytics world (09 Aug 2014) With more and more embedded devices being connected to corporate networks, more data than ever is...
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.