After an application crash, we know how important it is to figure out what went wrong and plan so it doesn’t happen again. In this post, we’ll look at some common causes of major website crashes, along with preventive measures you can take to avoid them in the future. With this extra knowledge under your belt, you’ll be prepared when disaster strikes.
JAXB is a 10-year-old anti-pattern that encourages Java developers to turn their objects into dumb, passive data structures
This is the first of a two part series describing our solution to building Angular apps with a Parse.com backend.
Concurrency is hard. It becomes even harder when the lock contention issues are hidden deep into the standard libraries used as building blocks for regular applications. This post is opening up one particularly common issue where java.util.Random usage is affecting the application performance.
In this article we take a look at the top 11 Free IDE's for Java Coding, Development & Programming.
One of AngularJS advantages is the simplicity it provides for validating forms. Today’s example demonstrates a simple way to implement client-side validation using the AngularJS form properties.
A second release candidate of the open source OACC Java™ Application Security Framework (OACC v2.0.0-rc.2) was released on March 23, 2015 and is available for download at oaccframework.org
Java Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder Hands-On Guide
Couchbase has reimagined and redefined the way enterprises scale a distributed database with Multi-Dimensional Scaling. It's the option to separate, isolate, and scale individual database services - query, index, and data - to improve performance and resource utilization.
The most common Jackson exceptions - the cause of the problem and the solution for each one.
Docker was voted one of the most popular open source projects in a survey conducted by The New Stack and The Linux Foundation during July 2014. This ever growing popularity of Docker’s container technology has brought over 14,000 different images to be offered on Docker Hub in September 2014. As a commercial feature, Docker private registries can provide enterprises with access control to their...
Takes is a pure object-oriented and immutable Java web framework that turns the design and development of web applications into a pleasant and fun process
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.