Microservices are an architectural style where each service is implemented as an independent system. Because a system is composed by more than one service, each service will communicate with other services. So we need a way to implement this communication in effective way. And this is exactly what RxJava will do it.
We get it. As a tester you are working under pressure. We want you to be the best tester you can be: ready, prepared, and capable. So here are the top 6 mistakes testers are most likely to make when testing mobile application performance – and how to avoid them. http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-6-mistakes-testers-need-to-avoid-when-testing-mobile-application-performance/
With the introduction of the stream API in Java 8 parallel computation became easier than ever. However, it doesn’t mean that parallelizing every stream is a good idea. The underlying infrastructure is flexible enough, but a few surprises await you when you use it.
MongoDB maven Dwight Merriman says the Agile movement played a hand in the development of MongoDB. Dynamic schema are part of the progran...
Small configuration tweaks can have a huge impact on your logging throughput
As we all know, Angular and D3 frameworks are very popular, and once they work together they can be very powerful and helpful when creating dashboards. But, they can also be challenging and confusing especially when new to these frameworks. The right way to incorporate D3 with Angular is to use custom directives. Directives in Angular are essentially functions that are executed on a DOM element....
Hierarchical exception handling and static exception checking are among the most significant features offered by the Java language; however, their support is limited to procedural code and can only be exploited in hierarchies of function calls. So, there is nothing similar to assist us when it comes to event-driven programming or asynchronous programming, where the work is scattered among many...
We look deep into the hearts of developers and, using tons of juicy data from 3 years worth of surveys, extract 10 kick-ass technologies that modern developers tell us they love...
Personally, I'd like to see the DAO pattern go the way of the dodo bird, but if you do find yourself swimming in a sea of data access objects, maybe Freezer will help you paddle your way out of them?
JITWatch is a log analyser for Java HotSpot JIT compiler. It consumes JIT log files and visualizes the compilation activity. Learn how to configure it on your project and what information can it provide you with.
This is series of posts describing how you can use Big Data and related technologies to enable both business and customers to gain still unknown pieces of information. The articles explores different Big Data technologies and explain how you can use each one to get desired results. It takes an example of typical eCommerce platform where a customer can browse different products.
Why do they call it Google I/O? Because I owe a bunch of money after buying all the cool toys they displayed in the exhibitors hall. What was cool and what wasn't? Prolific Java author Barry Burd lets us know.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Failing to integrate security with DevOps? Do so at your own peril (27 Apr 2015) Security is often considered as an afterthought in the software development lifecycle. But...
- Mobile development looks inwards as internal facing apps gain traction (23 Apr 2015) As enterprise moves forward to provide employees with the apps they need for maximum productivity,...
- Improve software quality by paying early attention to application security (21 Apr 2015) There are a number of strategies enterprises are taking to keep security on pace with faster...
- Who are the heroes of the tech world? (15 Apr 2015) TheServerSide has spoken with many up and coming stalwarts in the industry, and what we wanted to...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.