Lambda expressions have taken the programming world by storm in the last few years. What’s interesting about Lambda expressions is that from the JVM’s perspective they’re completely invisible
If you had to choose a new build tool for your next project—or for your existing infrastructure, how would you go about choosing one? There aren’t many options after all—Maven, Ant (+ Ivy) and Gradle take up the large majority of the Java build tool space.
The Agile Manifesto turns 13 years old next month and while that might be early adolescence in human years, it’s downright ancient as far as trends in IT are concerned. However, one area that has yet to fully mature is the implementation of non-functional testing practices in a Continuous Testing sort of way that can keep pace with more Agile development teams. Load and performance testing...
When it comes to compliance, sometimes you need to hang on to your logs much longer than you'd usually keep them for performance analysis, searching or monitoring. Or, sometimes, you want to be able to go back and analyze old logs. Find out how you can automatically archive your logs securely to Amazon's S3: https://blog.logentries.com/2014/01/amazon-s3-archiving-you-asked-we-delivered/
Version 4.0 of JArchitect by CoderGears, a tool used to manage Java code bases and application development, is now available.
Over 9 months ago, RebelLabs published a "DevOps Productivity Report", which compared processes, tools and practices between teams that identify themselves as either traditional IT Ops style or DevOps-oriented. Too bad the results seem to have no effect.
Out of the box code analyzers and editors for new Java 8 technologies, Maven, Java EE (especially PrimeFaces), HTML5 (especially AngularJS), and much more.
If you're still using Java Sever Pages, maybe it's time to switch to a templating engine. Here are several reasons to use FreeMarker on your next project.
If you have a large number of servers you may have a requirement to configure proxy servers in various parts of your network to accept messages and then forward them to a centralized logging solution or service. We regularly see this with larger customers where it makes sense to collect logs centrally before sending them on to Logentries for analysis. In some cases this can be a more stringent...
This version brings volunteer computing, dynamic scripting, easier configuration management, awesome new demos, and a lot more.
Did you know that Java provides different options to get insight into the JVMs runtime state? You can either use a native agent that connects to the tooling interface (JVMTI) or a java agent that gets loaded into the JVM. Both provide deep insight into the JVM while it executes your applications. But - what is the best approach/interface to use? Our engineering team has been using these...
Gonna make some mad cheddar, yo
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.