Personally I hate writing code for null check. In this post I will list some of the things that have worked well for me, based on my personal experience in production environments and systems.
Most software outsourcing companies don't show their source code until the product is ready, keeping their customers in the dark and increasing the risk of project failure; it's a bad practice.
This note isn’t just a recap of 2014, it is our commitment to the future!
Object-relational mapping is a design pattern that violates encapsulation, one of the fundamental principles of OOP, but what is a possible alternative to it?
We take a look at the top 10 Android Apps and IDE's for Java Coders and Programmers who are on the go and want to continue coding.
This article begins by looking at the challenges in understanding the data in each system and the need for “one data model to rule them all”: the Canonical Data Model enterprise integration pattern.
Learn how to deploy and IBM BLU service on SoftLayer or AWS.
Kim Kardashian aside, we thought it might be fun to look back on 2014 and figure out what actually broke the internet. So without further ado…;http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-ten-things-broke-internet-2014/
Java developers are flooded with a plethora of libraries and tools for their day-to-day work. We compiled a little list of stuff that we use everyday in primarily business line development (CRM, banking, web dev etc.) and that we can wholeheartedly recommend. There’s also a very opinionated section of people that we’d like to give some props to, if you are not on it, give us a shout ;) Please...
Immutable objects are not the same as passive data structures without setters, despite a very common misbelief
In a traditional software engineering organization, the QA group is often seen as separate from the Development group, however, for folks outside the engineering team – say in Operations – they generally consider Development and QA to be in the same group. So what happens with QA in a DevOps organization? When Development and Operations merge together, where does that leave QA? This post will...
Regularly and systematically having your programmers' technical deliverables reviewed by an independent engineer will greatly improve your quality and team motivation.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...