There is an ongoing debate regarding TDD in programmer community. DDH, the well known author of RoR claimed that TDD and more specific Unit Test is not worth writing at all. Instead, developers should write more integration test. In this article, I represent my own view on tight-coupling to framework is the root cause of this problem.
Recently, Israeli-based Artifactory providers JFrog announced full support for on-premise and cloud-based npm repositories within their popular third-party library and binaries manager. With this latest update, Artifactory has become the first private npm registry and proxy for the extremely popular node.js framework.
Our lessons learned after the last deployment: A) Always check if you have the latest version of all your deployment assets and B) Have a better Web Service Monitoring Strategy! In this blog I summarized the problems we ran into after doing a bad deployment that went unnoticed by our regular monitoring activities, e.g: looking at log files, CPU, Memory, ... - only after people complained we...
Learn how to use Java 8's lambda expressions in this quick getting started guide.
There’s a lot of discussion going on in the software community on “testing”. (See for example here, here and here). We think there’s too many superstitions and assumptions. Very little of this helps in your day-to-day work and leaves you still wondering how you reliably and automatically test, for example, that crazy sql query, your UI or that complex batch job.
Developing a web or mobile application takes a lot of effort, but all that effort can go down the drain quickly if you improperly load test the application or completely skip testing. Load testing applications is important and a necessary step in the pre-production stage. Read on to find out how to get started: http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-essential-tips-when-starting-load-testing/
Recently, Israeli-based Artifactory providers JFrog announced full support for on-premise and cloud-based npm repositories within their popular third-party library and binaries manager. With this latest update, Artifactory has become the first private npm registry and proxy for the extremely popular node.js framework. Boasting a hugely active user base, node.js has a vibrant ecosystem, which,...
Many people have the false impression that if you're going down a DevOps route, PaaS isn't the path you want to take. Cloudbees CEO, Sacha Labourey, explains why smart IT managers and directors aren't afraid to bring the two approaches together.
New JOSSO 2.4 unleashes an extended modeling notation for rolling out even more complex settings, improved interoperability with cloud services as well as with the latest technology stacks and applications.
Oracle announces plans to join forces with Imagination Technologies to bring Java to MIPS chip architecture and tune Java to work with PowerVR graphics
For the 5th time, ZeroTurnaround's tech detectives at RebelLabs revisit the tools & technologies landscape in Java, collecting data, crunching numbers and see what’s going on in 14 different tool segments and the market at large.
In this article we take alook at running JavaFX on a server.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- What is Google's Solve for X? (06 Mar 2015) Learn about the Google initiative, Solve for X, in this podcast with Barry Burd.
- What we can expect from Hibernate OGM and data persistence in 2015 (09 Mar 2015) Emmanuel Bernard discusses the Hibernate OGM project and how it has progressed since it was...
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...