Our WhatIs site asked me to help with a definition of IoC and DI. I've always disliked the terms, especially IoC, because it was never clear to me what the inversion was. Here's my attempt to define these terms. Tell me what's wrong.
This series of articles begins with an overview of the different Big Data providers and the problems that each is intended to solve and then presents an overview of each of the major Big Data solutions, their problem domains, and a cursory look at the operational requirements to manage each.
Moving your existing architecture to MicroServices? Don't make the mistake of blindly drawing service boundaries. It requires serious re-architectural effort. Here is an example of a failed migration!
On the face of it, Vaadin—and GWT in general—has a lot in common with DukeScript. Both are focused on providing browser-oriented solutions for Java developers and have good integration with IDEs, thanks to their native support for Maven.
Visualize all log events and exceptions in production directly from your JVMs – Send as metrics into more than 20 graphing and alerting tools
At Logentries, we feel strongly about the power of log data and the unparalleled role that logs can play in effective end-to-end system monitoring. Yet we feel it also important to recognize how other monitoring approaches can further supplement a log monitoring solution to provide even greater, actionable insight into system performance. One such approach is Application Performance Management...
How to create robust and failure-resistant software - by making it fragile and fail fast, despite intuitive desire to make it fail safe.
How to make sense of your stack trace and solve errors faster
A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security - using a token persisted in the database.
You can never be too careful. Security is on everyone’s mind. Not too long ago, we talked about how beefed up security impacts load testing and we want to continue the conversation. How do you keep yourself and your company safe in the age of industrial and state-sponsored hacking?Here are a few things you must know.
It is now possible to install a multi-node Codenvy On-Prem and Eclipse Che using Docker.
Although it might feel like you just got round to downloading 8u51, Oracle have just pushed out the latest update for Java – 8u60 – which is now available to download. Whilst this release is largely bug fixes, there have also been some tunings to Nashorn and changes in Deployment Rule Set v1.2.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...