Get started today learning to use and being productive with the Java EE 7 Platform via the newly released NetBeans IDE 7.3.1.
Ten hot tips to boost your day to day productivity!
In this two-part series, I’ll walk through generating load using the Python multi-mechanize load-testing framework, then collect and analyze data about app performance.
Elasticsearch is a flexible and powerful open source, distributed real-time search and analytics engine. Asciidoctor is a pure Ruby processor for converting AsciiDoc source files and strings into HTML 5, DocBook 4.5 and other formats. In this post we are going to see how we can use Elasticsearch over AsciiDoc documents to make them searchable by their header information or by their content.
Sometimes when you are writing some code that needs communication with external systems, not necessarily by using a socket, for example it can be using a serial port, we may need a way to implement a timeout algorithm, so if after some specified time, the request does not return a result, a timeout error should be thrown so user can act in consequence, and not wait indefinitely for a result that...
We apply adaptive control to Apache Cassandra for more effective management of request workloads resulting in improved response time and throughput.
Oracle requires support license to patch Java time zones
Looks at how a performance model changes depending on the load ramp-up (fast or slow) and the use of adaptive measurement thresholds.
During a recent production load test we identified CPU exhaustion being our main hotspot preventing us from scaling to the number of visitors we wanted to support. In this blog we want to show you how we brought Ops and Dev on a single table to analyze the data and define action items in order to improve performance and scalability in both the Application as well as in the Infrastructure
We are pleased to announce that Spring Batch 2.2.0.RELEASE is now available via Maven Central, Github and the SpringSource download repository.
Spring Batch Home | Source on GitHub | Reference Documentation
This guide is designed to help Developers architect Enterprise Mobile Apps. It covers the following Mobile Development aspects: Enterprise Integration, Offline Support, Data Push, Authentication, and Platform Support.
Open source WSO2 API Manager fosters new business models for monetizing APIs, provides unmatched flexibility for deploying on servers and in the cloud
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.