Earlier in the week another zero-day exploit of the JVM was announced. Yesterday a security alert went out from Oracle. But at what point do we become proactive in protecting our systems against exploits?
Believe it or not? The cloud kills the traditional RDBMS, drives new thinking in IT, and ultimately brings two core IT teams closer. Read an industry veteran and IT executive’s viewpoint.
From JAXConf 2012 in San Francisco, Lincoln Baxter, III of Red Hat speaks about the hazards of the web, and how we can address them with a few simple tips and tricks.
When test results show that the current throughput is restricted by the capacity of the server but target workloads are not yet met, this is a situation where you can achieve higher scalability of your web apps by implementing clusters to your environment. Clustering achieves higher scalability by introducing more servers or nodes to expand the capacity of the environment. Obviously, the benefits...
Often unknown, or heralded as confusing, regular expressions (regex) have defined the standard for powerful text manipulation and search. Without them, many of the applications we know today would not function.
GroovyHelp is a versatile API Documentation(Javadoc & Groovydoc) view, search and compare utility based on Java 6+, which can help Java developers, Groovy developers and Android developers search API documentations very conveniently. From now on, you don't have to waste time in finding help documentations in chm format and can manage all API documentations efficiently.
What is the size of a particular data structure? Can I fit all these objects into my caching solution? When calculating the size of your data structures, one must first understand the differences between shallow and retained heap sizes.
Cloud computing may not mean the same thing to everyone, but it's starting to mean "change" for many application developers. For some organizations it may mean surface level changes and small streamlining benefits. For others, it may mean deep, drastic changes that bring about long lasting benefits.
Thinking cloud is thinking application-centric. Therefore, monitoring solutions for cloud-based applications are preferably application-centric too. Learn about more paradigms that modern Application Performance Management (APM) solutions need to implement to cope with cloud environments.
An interesting article on Using the two popular frameworks in collaboration: AspectWerkz and Spring.
Engine Yard brought Node.js into the fold in its Platform as a Service offering. EY also support Ruby on Rails and PHP.
Gartner published some new research this month that suggests enterprises will be spending $109 Billion this year on public cloud services. This inspired a post by VMware that describes how organizations are changing with the new Cloud Operating Model and 5 key benefits that VMware customers are seeing today by building out services that attract these applications to a privately run cloud.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Lacking NoSQL standards more dangerous than proprietary vendor lock-in? (23 Apr 2013) While many NoSQL solutions are open source, the lack of standards means any organization embracing...
- Simplified Service Orientation and Software Engineering with BEST (12 Apr 2013) Service orientation is about more than developing components, and software engineering solutions...
- Simplified cloud-based application development with Node.js (08 Apr 2013) Cloud-based application development with Node.js allows for one simple and scalable technology to...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- The two most common problems dogging SOA projects (05 Apr 2013) The author of SOA patterns discusses the two most common problems hurting SOA development projects.
- Frederik Bijlsma - EMEA Cloud Business Unit Manage...
- Red Hat
- Social Working: What to Know About SAP's Social Media Software (SearchSAP)
- Advanced Security: How Zscaler Tackles Emerging Web Threats with High Speed, Real-Time Content Inspection in the Cloud (Zscaler)
- Desktop virtualization for all (Cisco Systems, Inc and Citrix)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.