Developer focused analysts RedMonk are known for having their fingers firmly embedded in only the zestiest of zeitgeisty pies, so the JAXenter team was intrigued to hear that they would be organising an event centered on the Internet of Things (IoT).
Normally in our projects we generate a considerable amount of documentation, for example Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) or user stories written by developers and/or QA in Cucumber or JBehave format or javadoc. And now I ask to myself, are configuration files documentation too? And the answer is YES!!!. In this post we are going to see how to transform TomEE's configuration file into a...
We’ve had a lot of people asking for the Log Management Primer for a while now. And, surprisingly, many of these folks have a strong technical background, including developers. Some want it for themselves, and some want it to pass on to a colleague, manager, etc. I’m going to explain what logs are, where they come from and how you can get your logs. If you’re a developer, this post probably...
We're continuing to launch new and interesting series for our company blog. This week we're launching The Tech Stalwarts series, a set of interviews with unsung heroes and luminaries in our industry. This week to kick off the series we're really pleased to have Donald Raab from Goldman Sachs talk about GS Collections.
By default, HTTPS / SSL is not configured and enabled in Tomcat Web server. SSL setup is required to make your web application accessible over HTTPS protocol. This post will guide you to configure SSL in Tomcat 7 Web server.
When up to 50% of sales is expected from online mobile shoppers you would think that the big eCommerce sites have optimized their sites. A closer look shows though that some of them don't even follow the simplest best practices. Learn from their mistakes and make your mobile web site better!
Excelsior JET Charity Bundles are available under "pay what you can" terms until Christmas, with net proceeds going to local charity that supports kids with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
Build Android application package file (APK) using Eclipse IDE and Android Developer Tools (ADT) Plugin
Android application package file (APK) is program binary used to distribute and install Android application onto the Android operating system. Here we'll see step by step procedure of creating .apk file ready to be installed in Android device.
Have you ever thought of using your Unit Tests for Performance and Architecture Validation? Looking at metrics like the number of exceptions, SQL statements or web service calls for your automated tests allows you proactively identify performance and scalability problems. In this article we show how we detect problems automatically using Jenkins before hitting production.
"InterPortlet communication - Best Practices Matrix" allows to choose best practice for various use cases of IPC.
With apps running on multiple instances on Amazon's EC2, stuff spinning up and shutting down constantly, and just the ever-increasing complexity of applications you're probably finding that managing tags and alerts in your log management solution is getting unwieldy. Well today we've got a solution! Find out how you can manage all of your tags and alerts, across all your logs, centrally and...
This extended RebelLabs article covers the memory layout structure of class and objects, and how to get yourself direct memory access by using Unsafe class - sun.misc.Unsafe.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.