An article that looks at the impact discrete event simulation could have on how we monitor, extend and integrate applications in the clouds.
Jenkins. The build master in a bow tie that we’ve all grown to rely on. In this 50-page, five-part technical report from Rebel Labs, we’re all over Jenkins like brown on rice, or like JRebel on your classloaders.
As a JSF developer you've probably repeatedly stuck a little problem. How do you remember the id from request to request? Here is a transparent solution that also lets you use RESTful URLs.
This article will focus on testing a RESTful Service with multiple Media Types/representations.
The Java EE tutorial has recently had its last update for Java EE 6 since the team will now be focusing full time on Java EE 7. The tutorial is available for free as always. In addition, the second volume of the Java EE 6 Tutorial book has now been published in the paperback, Nook and Kindle formats.
MBaaS, Mobile Backend As a Service platforms have come a long way in the last couple of years and are now specializing in the Mobile Enterprise space. This article analyzes the various Enterprise oriented Mobile services like Data Sync, Data Storage, Push Notifications, and Security. Your valuable feedback is most welcome.
With NoSQLUnit Forge Plugin we can use Forge to create tests for NoSQL databases using NoSQLUnit. NoSQLUnit is a JUnit extension to make writing unit and integration tests of systems that use NoSQL backend easier. Forge is a core framework and next-generation shell for tooling and automation at a command line level.
JINSPIRED has announced the release of JXInsight/OpenCore 6.4. The first application management solution that adaptively controls and intelligently optimizes the response time and throughput of in-flight workloads as well as simulate the entire distributed behavior of an application in near real-time. simulation technology, Simz, that elegantly combines and integrates software activity metering...
The IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile development team are participating in an AMAA on Reddit Monday 11th Feb 11-12 EST (GMT -5)
Two well-respected Trifork engineers explain how CQRS design patterns work alongside Axon Framework and Spring Insight to achieve scale in complex domains.
The other day I was looking at a web application that was using MongoDB as its central database. We were analyzing the application for potential performance problems and inside 5 minutes I detected what I must consider to be a MongoDB anti pattern and had a 40% impact on response time. The funny thing: It was a Java best practice that triggered it!
Some error messages in Java look like the authors were trying to deliberately confuse the developers.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.