On the face of it, Vaadin—and GWT in general—has a lot in common with DukeScript. Both are focused on providing browser-oriented solutions for Java developers and have good integration with IDEs, thanks to their native support for Maven.
Visualize all log events and exceptions in production directly from your JVMs – Send as metrics into more than 20 graphing and alerting tools
At Logentries, we feel strongly about the power of log data and the unparalleled role that logs can play in effective end-to-end system monitoring. Yet we feel it also important to recognize how other monitoring approaches can further supplement a log monitoring solution to provide even greater, actionable insight into system performance. One such approach is Application Performance Management...
How to create robust and failure-resistant software - by making it fragile and fail fast, despite intuitive desire to make it fail safe.
How to make sense of your stack trace and solve errors faster
A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security - using a token persisted in the database.
You can never be too careful. Security is on everyone’s mind. Not too long ago, we talked about how beefed up security impacts load testing and we want to continue the conversation. How do you keep yourself and your company safe in the age of industrial and state-sponsored hacking?Here are a few things you must know.
It is now possible to install a multi-node Codenvy On-Prem and Eclipse Che using Docker.
Although it might feel like you just got round to downloading 8u51, Oracle have just pushed out the latest update for Java – 8u60 – which is now available to download. Whilst this release is largely bug fixes, there have also been some tunings to Nashorn and changes in Deployment Rule Set v1.2.
A properly designed method in object-oriented software must have a single return statement — and nothing but a return statement.
This article is about extending Continuous Integration to perform more robust tests so that we can have more confidence in our deployment, namely it introduces automated code performance and memory tests as well as scalability testing.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to develop a RESTful web application by using Spring and MongoDB without implementing boring uniform controllers.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.