Oracle recently launched Oracle Management Cloud, a cloud-based integrated monitoring, management and analytics solutions for IT operations. This blog provides an overview of Oracle Management Cloud.
This article reviews Neo4j, which is probably the most popular open source graph database.
In honor of ZK's ten-year anniversary, ZK Team has launched its first-ever Data-Handler Contest. This is the perfect opportunity for Java users and ZKers to prove their skills, showcase their talents and explore their potential. Prizes include exclusive ZK-themed souvenirs and a brand new Apple Watch.
Sequential method calls inevitably mean temporal coupling, which is a bottleneck for effective refactoring; avoid them
In this post I really want to show you some of the situations where a dynamic language is preferable over a static one and try to make you actually think about the choice more carefully, the next time you encounter a problem that requires whipping up some code quickly.
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to connect to an external RESTful API using Jersey client, as well as how to configure the client using Dropwizard YAML configuration file. In addition, you’ll get acquainted with Open Exchange Rates real-life API.
Earlier this year, we released our annual Developer Productivity report. It was based off a performance survey which collected responses from over 1500 developers, testers, architects, and many more interestingly named job titles. In this post we look at some of the report insights and answers the following questions: which tools find the highest number of bugs and should you be using more...
The new version of the CUBA platform has been released, bringing in several major new features, along with some improvements and bug fixes.
eveloped under the umbrella of JEP 254, much like the very best Ikea furniture, compact strings will allow developers to adopt a more space-efficient internal representation for strings. It’s hoped that this will improve the space efficiency of String and related classes, maintain performance for the most part, and preserve full compatibility for related Java and native interfaces. This feature...
In the last years Apache Maven has become the de-facto build tool for Java and Java EE projects. But from two years back Gradle is gaining more and more users. Following my previous post (http://www.lordofthejars.com/2015/10/gradle-and-java-ee.html), In this post you are going to see how to use Gradle for writing integration tests for Java EE using Arquillian.
Read on for fifteen rock-solid reasons why developers prefer to learn and use AngularJS.
How Java 8 lambdas and streams perform compared to longstanding implementations?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.