Lightbend CTO and Akka creator Jonas Bonér has teamed up with O'Reilly Media to publish a new report called "Reactive Microservices Architecture: Design Principles for Distributed Systems".
Enterprise Application Performance Monitoring: A practical comparison between AppDynamics and Dynatrace
The previous article explored the Ops view of a simple Docker use case, so now it’s time to look at what the Dev side of the IT team sees as the reason to introduce Docker to our infrastructure.
In this post we look at how developers could use docker, what command line utilities are the most helpful for them and which commands should they mostly learn.
To conduct complete mobile performance testing, a process that will allow you to consistently deliver an exceptional application experience to mobile users, make sure you hit every point on our ultimate mobile performance testing checklist.
Pythpn has seen great popularity in the programming world lately. For this reason, we have gathered 10 awesome Pythpn tutorials to ease you into the framework and help you boost your own Web Development projects! Let’s do it!
As exciting as the IoT world may be, from the promise of autonomous cars to the egalitarian idea of a robotic butler in every home, there are still some serious technical challenges that organizations dabbling in the world of IoT must be aware. TSS and our sister site, IoT Agenda have assembled a handbook of expert articles to help you find your way in the often confusing world of IoT.
Just imagine - millions of little microservices projects polluting that once handsome Git repository. What's one to do? Dealing with it is good advice. Using a good Git distro like GitLab to help manage it all is another good idea. Here we talk to Sid, the CEO of venerable GitLab to find out what's going on in the world of DevOps, microservices, CI, and of course, Git.
If you’re using Java on Docker you might be breaking the law by violating Oracle’s License Agreement, without even knowing it.
There's no arguing Agile's effectiveness at improving the software development and delivery game, but there are undeniably diminishing returns as an Agile team grows, especially to teams of over a hundred participants. How can organizations make Agile scale? We turned to TaskTop's Mik Kersten for some answers.
This article delves into how we can run a Docker container, which is an emerging standard in the micro-container market.
Part II of my Tomcat Performance Blog focuses on efficient and inefficient ways of logging, performance impact from exceptions and simply bad code. Let me show you how to identify these hotspots in your own code
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...