When looking for the best performance and productivity tools, it's not long before one stumbles across the ZeroTurnaround product suite. Here we talk to a user about what they like about ZT.
The gambling industry has arguably been one of the most comprehensively affected by the internet revolution, and if an organization such as William Hill, the UK's largest online gaming provider, hadn't adapted successfully it would have disappeared.
Where is the mobile and wireless computing industry going in 2015? Who better to chat with than Gartner's Van L. Baker?
Do you hear people talking about 'enclosure diagrams' and you're not sure what they're talking about? Here's a quick definition for you.
Akka Team Lead and co-author of the Reactive Manifesto, Dr. Roland Kuhn presents in this 1-hour webinar an overview of Reactive Streams 1.0.0 and why you might want to know what's going on. Full video and slides provided.
Wondering what containerization is? Here's a simple definition for you.
In this post we explore why developing on localhost is killing software development through inefficiencies.
Looking for a definition for 'small multiples?' They're also known as 'trellis charts' or 'lattice charts.' Here's a fairly concise and to the point definition here for those who are looking.
Logging on Docker has steadily evolved with each Docker release and there are some exciting new updates that have come with Docker 1.7 – for example, Docker 1.7 now includes new driver support for for Journald along with the driver support added with Docker 1.6 for JSON and syslog! We are here on the ground at DockerCon as part of the Innovators Showcase of Docker ecosystem partners, and have...
Wondering what we mean when we talk about 'embedded BI?' Here's a quick definition for you.
A bug fix is supposed to improve the quality of the software, but very often the effect of it is actually negative; here is why and how to avoid that.
Hear people talking about an HSM, and you're wondering what they're talking about? Here's a quick definition of a HSM, or Hardware Security Module, that will help you quickly understand the key points.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...