In this article we will implement Exception Handling with Spring for a REST API. We'll look at the older solutions available before Spring 3.2 and then at the new Spring 3.2 support.
Spring Data Neo4j is the project within Spring Data project which provides an extension to the Spring programming model for writing applications that uses Neo4j as graph database. In this post we are going to see how to write tests for applications that use it.
Code quality tools fulfill a growing need, as our code bases become larger and more complex, and it’s important to try to automate your code checks as much as possible, using tools like Sonar, Findbugs, PMD, Checkstyle and others...
At a recent SharePoint installation we identified an interesting source of a potential performance problem that impacts ALL SharePoint and .NET-based installations that use the ServicePointManager to access web services. It turns out that ServicePointManager comes with a default setting that allows two concurrent connections. If you happen to have a SharePoint dashboard that queries data from...
To download the distributions, please go visit: Spring Tool Suite: http://www.springsource.org/sts Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: http://grails.org/products/ggts Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: http://static.springsource.org/sts/nan/v320/NewAndNoteworthy.html
Proposes a novel approach to actor and process supervision based on discrete event simulation and signaling
Geert Bevin, Java Champion hired recently into the LiveRebel team at ZeroTurnaround, discusses why he left Java, and what made him come back after 3 years.
Today leading enterprise software company Atlassian introduced Confluence 5.0, a completely redesigned version of its best-in-class social and team collaboration platform used by more than 36,000 teams worldwide.
Some observations I’ve made over the years which I believe contribute to the disconnect that can occur between what a log file says occurred and what actually happened.
Stop redeploying in Java. Forever. JRebel 5.2 includes new support for Apache Camel, Spring Framework, JDeveloper, IDE plugin debuggers and new documentation. Woot!
JavaOne India is going to be held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre during 8–9th May. The call for papers is now open. It will stay open until March 15th.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Lacking NoSQL standards more dangerous than proprietary vendor lock-in? (23 Apr 2013) While many NoSQL solutions are open source, the lack of standards means any organization embracing...
- Simplified Service Orientation and Software Engineering with BEST (12 Apr 2013) Service orientation is about more than developing components, and software engineering solutions...
- Simplified cloud-based application development with Node.js (08 Apr 2013) Cloud-based application development with Node.js allows for one simple and scalable technology to...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- The two most common problems dogging SOA projects (05 Apr 2013) The author of SOA patterns discusses the two most common problems hurting SOA development projects.
- Frederik Bijlsma - EMEA Cloud Business Unit Manage...
- Red Hat
- Social Working: What to Know About SAP's Social Media Software (SearchSAP)
- Advanced Security: How Zscaler Tackles Emerging Web Threats with High Speed, Real-Time Content Inspection in the Cloud (Zscaler)
- Desktop virtualization for all (Cisco Systems, Inc and Citrix)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.