Open source, lean, and modular, Spring IO brings together the core Spring APIs into a single, cohesive and versioned foundation for modern applications to help Java developers innovate and develop applications faster. Available as a 100% open source Maven Bill-of-Materials and commercial support, training and consulting available from Pivotal.
Here we are in the middle of the World Cup, and the entire world is watching thanks to the ubiquity of online video. Services like video streaming, live social media coverage and mobile push notifications have only been available for a short time – yet consumers have embraced them and immediately become reliant on them. In this post, we will take a look at the digital side of world sporting...
Simple question. The simplest answer to that may be “It depends.” But let’s explore that aspect a little further and please keep in mind there is no absolute truth despite what pages upon pages of heated online discussions might suggest. In addition to that we also have some fully-working, juicy sample code for you to ogle over. We’re talking about @Transactional in a Spring based project...
Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra).
Achieving an affordable database solution that is both scalable and performant has always been a challenge, but Amazon has put scalability and performance within the reach of all sizes of business with their NoSQL solutions that have grown out of their Dynamo based big data systems.
With a list of happy customers only 1 week after the v1.0 launch, engineers seem to love the way XRebel lets them expose future bugs and production issues in web applications...all during the development stage!
I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
PDF is still an important file format and is even increasing in usage in the production of packaging and Archiving markets.... It now has its own Conference and organisation and you can find out more about both in this articles.
Unlock productivity is one of the bigger concerns for any person taking management role. However, people rarely agree on the best approaches to improve performance. Over the years, I have observed different managers using the opposite practices to churn out best performance of the team they are managing. Unfortunately, some works and other don't. To be more accurate, what does not increase...
Logentries recently co-hosted a webinar with BlazeMeter on advanced JMeter testing for 500,000+ users. The webinar had almost 1,000 registrants, and focused on helping users understand what’s happening on their systems during load testing; identify any warnings or exceptions being thrown; and how to use log data to analyze performance under this load level.
XPath isn't just for querying XML anymore. You can also use it to query your JSON trees and Java beans. In this quick tutorial, you'll see how to query Java objects with Data Pipeline's streaming XPath engine.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.