Introducing "Reactive Revealed" - A Technical Webinar Series on Going Reactive for Architects and Developers
From Jonas Bonér, Viktor Klang and Konrad Malawski, co-authors of the Reactive Manifesto and contributors to the Reactive Streams initiative, Typesafe has set out to produce a three-part “Reactive Revealed” series to give an interactive opportunity for enterprise architects and software developers (we even have some goodness for Operations and Executives too) to get started with understanding...
Breakdown tutorial of setting up continuous testing using Jenkins
Of the many additions to Java 8 such as the Stream API and lambdas, I noticed one of the lesser talked about ones was CompletableFutures. So I decided to have a play around with them on the last Java component I wrote. My use case in a nutshell was piping large volumes of data from a distributed file system, compressing it and uploading to individual destinations on Amazon S3.
In this example we will see how we can connect the Gemfire using the Spring Data. Gemfire is a highly scalable, low-latency, in-memory data management platform which stores data in the key-value form.
JJWT is a self-contained Java library providing end-to-end JSON Web Tokens creation and verification. It aims to be the easiest library for creating and verifying JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) on the JVM.
A step by step tutorial showing you how to build your Java Applications with Apache Ant
Have you ever heard: 'We really like your product…except for a few minor details.'? And then the CIO rolls out a list of additional 'must have' requirements, hundreds of them, to add to your amazing product. Have you ever heard, or even said: 'Team, we are about to sign up a highly-profitable contract but…'? And then the customer’s wish list for additional functionality becomes a headache for...
A new major release candidate of the open source OACC Java Application Security Framework (OACC v2.0.0-rc.3) was published on July 14, 2015 and is available at oaccframework.org.
Regardless of what they are looking up, travelers’ first experience is on the go. Users are under pressure, trying to figure something out without wasting any precious time. They are distracted – navigating a busy ticket counter or conversing in a foreign language with a street vendor. The decisions they make at that moment really matter, and can mean the difference between a pleasant flight and...
So, Project Jigsaw… We already know quite a bit about it but have not yet seen the details of how it plans to deliver on its promises. This post will do precisely that and present the project’s core concepts and features.
A unit test is a tool, not a product; the absence of unit testing can't be excused due to a lack of time or budget
Logz.io maintains sensitive log data as part of its ELK-as-a-Service solution, so they researched how to audit and protect that information. To give the community the results, they wrote this quick guide to using Amazon Web Services and ELK to do exactly that.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.
- Hortonworks optimizes Apache Hadoop performance (27 Aug 2015) Hortonworks has recently introduced new products to help enhance Apache Hadoop performance.
- JShell: The new Java 9 REPL (26 Aug 2015) Don't miss an opportunity to take JShell, the new Java 9 REPL, for a test drive. An expert shares...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...