The problem with mapping that we encountered in our project turned out to be a very interesting issue to deal with. The complexity of mappings made first XSLT, then Drools not a perfect solution. In the article I am presenting a Java application that compiles at runtime Groovy scripts that are supposed to be written by a BA with a simple and comprehensive DSL.
Puppet is a tool designed to manage the configuration of our systems declaratively. In current post we are going to see how to install TomEE using Puppet.
With LiveRebel 2.6 you can rollout code, database and configuration changes in sync, onto a blend of environments with no downtime or overhead.
Application performance monitoring is more than just following the fault domain isolation workflow to determine the root cause of the problem that is reported by an end user. In many cases waiting for the end users to report problems simply takes too long, while the frustration due to poor performance grows.
We analyzed the data from 1,024 different environments using Plumbr and published statistics about what is the typical heap and permgen sizing in those environments.
Ah, if only there were free, widely-used Java tools that let you test your code and virtualize it's interactions across your app, wiping out bugs left and right as you go..... oh wait, there are! In this Rebel Labs report, we review the concepts of Unit Testing with JUnit and TestNG, learning what, and what not, to test and some advanced mocking techniques with Mockito. So, go away bugs! We've...
The Websphere team have just released the new beta of Next - the Java EE Web Profile which offers CDI and EJB Lite support. With super fast startup and deployment times, could WebSphere finally be getting developer friendly ?
Groovy is an object-oriented programming language for the Java platform. It is a dynamic language with features similar to those of Python, Ruby, Perl, and Smalltalk.
In it's first acquisition, ZeroTurnaround welcomes Danish Java startup Javeleon, with co-founders Allen Gregersen and Michael Rasmussen relocating to Tartu, Estonia to join the JRebel team.
Version 2.3.0 of RRiBbit improves the recently added HTTP support by integrating it with the Spring Framework. Another improvement is the support for multiple dispatchers, so that one Request can now be sent to multiple remote destinations in one call.
In this article we will implement Exception Handling with Spring for a REST API. We'll look at the older solutions available before Spring 3.2 and then at the new Spring 3.2 support.
Spring Data Neo4j is the project within Spring Data project which provides an extension to the Spring programming model for writing applications that uses Neo4j as graph database. In this post we are going to see how to write tests for applications that use it.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.