I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
PDF is still an important file format and is even increasing in usage in the production of packaging and Archiving markets.... It now has its own Conference and organisation and you can find out more about both in this articles.
Unlock productivity is one of the bigger concerns for any person taking management role. However, people rarely agree on the best approaches to improve performance. Over the years, I have observed different managers using the opposite practices to churn out best performance of the team they are managing. Unfortunately, some works and other don't. To be more accurate, what does not increase...
Logentries recently co-hosted a webinar with BlazeMeter on advanced JMeter testing for 500,000+ users. The webinar had almost 1,000 registrants, and focused on helping users understand what’s happening on their systems during load testing; identify any warnings or exceptions being thrown; and how to use log data to analyze performance under this load level.
XPath isn't just for querying XML anymore. You can also use it to query your JSON trees and Java beans. In this quick tutorial, you'll see how to query Java objects with Data Pipeline's streaming XPath engine.
The best ideas are often found while on the border of several disciplines at once. We looked at the intersection of software product development and playing chess. These lessons is what we found in common between these two.
There is a lot more to testing than just finding bugs. Today’s testers are part detective, part forensic analyst, and part social scientist. When building a testing strategy you need to examine a pile of data, develop an understanding of how real users behave, and use that information to create test scenarios that push those limits. This is especially important when creating a strategy to test...
In this article we take a look at improving your Java Code and focuses on the 9 tools that can help with Java Performance Tuning.
Java 8 ready, JDO/JPA persistence to the widest range of datastores of any provider
Now, the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 isn’t usually something we’d touch on here at JAXenter, what with its focus on iOS flavoured-topics and all. But CEO Tim Cook’s surprise reveal of Apple’s new Swift language, to a rapturous reception, had our JVM senses a-tingling. Why? Well, for a start, there are some aspects of this new programming tool that those on the J-side may...
So you are new to the mobile performance testing world. Maybe this is your first job as a tester and you have been tasked with the project of setting up the test framework for a mobile application. Read on to learn the basics of mobile performance testing: http://www.neotys.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-mobile-performance-testing/
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.