At the heart of every location-based application is positioning and Geolocation. In this tutorial you will learn the Geolocation capabilities of HTML5. The API provides a method to locate the user’s more or less exact position. This is useful in a number of ways ranging from providing a user with location specific information to providing route navigation.
A 5 minute tutorial explaining what Repeating Annotation are, how they work and how you can use them.
by Trevor Parsons of Logentries
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
Salesforce founder and CEO Mark Benioff sounded off on diversity and giving back at the Lesbians Who Tech Summit in San Francisco last week. You can catch the whole conference online.
The new JSR 371 MVC 1.0 specification is coming. This specification will bring us an alternative way to apply MVC to the Java EE ecosystem in action-based manner.
It’s inevitable that web application problems are going to happen. But problems can come from anywhere, and sometimes you just need to know where to look. So we decided to put together a short guide on some of the most common performance issues you’ll encounter.
How to get a production ready Java application off the ground in the shortest time possible?
Alachisoft recently announced that NCache will now be licensed under the Apache 2.0 Open Source licence, bringing open source, distributed caching to the .NET community (and of course, to the Java community as well)
If we had to pick just one programming language that you should care about, it’d have to be dear old Java. In 2015, 20 years since its first release, we have multiple reasons as to why Java has managed to outperform many languages, on and off the JVM, and how it has become the most used cross-platform development tool, language and ecosystem. In this report, we take a look at the top 10...
Recently, we were invited to conduct a joint talk with a UX designer, Andrew from Viki on Improving communications between Design and Development for Singasug. The main focus of the talk was to introduce AngularJS and elaborate on how it help to improve collaboration between developers and designer from both sides of view. To illustrate the topic, we work together on revamping the Pet Clinic...
A decorator pattern, while being the best instrument to keep objects highly cohesive, solid, and loosely coupled, is unfortunately not very popular in traditional Java programming
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Failing to integrate security with DevOps? Do so at your own peril (27 Apr 2015) Security is often considered as an afterthought in the software development lifecycle. But...
- Mobile development looks inwards as internal facing apps gain traction (23 Apr 2015) As enterprise moves forward to provide employees with the apps they need for maximum productivity,...
- Improve software quality by paying early attention to application security (21 Apr 2015) There are a number of strategies enterprises are taking to keep security on pace with faster...
- Who are the heroes of the tech world? (15 Apr 2015) TheServerSide has spoken with many up and coming stalwarts in the industry, and what we wanted to...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.