This week, we'll briefly cover a few benefits of load testing in the cloud, but also want to unearth what you should consider doing (or not doing) in your future cloud testing projects.
The hightlights of this release are: Many improvements to the command-line tool, solidDB support, improved JavaBean-style configuration
How to map and handle static resources with Spring MVC - use the simple configuration, then the 3.1 more flexible one and finally the new 4.1 resource
Codenvy uses Docker to create any build environments with any language.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
MongoDB has announced the release of MongoDB 3.0 and MongoDB Ops Manager. They say that MongoDB is now much lighter in operational load, has 7-10x better write performance, as well as much less disk consumption.
Where were you on February 3, 2015 at 3:40 p.m. PST? Snowed in? Desperately trying to refresh Netflix? If so, you weren’t alone. It turns out even best and biggest companies experience failure from time to time.
Is your implementation efficiently using multi-threading? Or are your threads just waiting for exclusive resources and basically executing tasks in parallel anyway. In this blog I highlight two use cases of multi-threading that doesn’t fully leverage the potential of having multiple threads available
A quick update on the Java EE front this morning, after David Delabasse confirmed in an Aquarium blog post this morning that the Expert Group (EG) for JSR 375 – the Java EE Security API, geared at overhauling and modernising EE security API portability and simplicity – has now been established. Among other things, the EG will need to consider how best to leverage Java EE orthogonal technologies...
Manager. Controller. Helper. Handler. Writer. Reader. Converter. Validator. Router. Dispatcher. Observer. Listener. Sorter. Encoder. Decoder. This is the class names hall of shame.
How do Async ForkJoinPool, managedBlock and Quasar perform in an IO scenario?
ava threading interview questions are exceptionally popular for interviews so it’s important to be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of how threads work in Java, when and why we use them, and how to actually program them in a safe manner.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...