Gonna make some mad cheddar, yo
Version 0.8.7 of restSQL, an open-source persistence framework, was released on January 12, 2014. The release adds auto-increment/sequence-based column support and extends function-based column support to PostgreSQL.
Heliosearch is a new open source project designed to take Solr to the next level. The first pre-release includes off-heap data structures to reduce Java GC issues.
Giles Alexander never actually said he wished he had an extra hand, but he did say "I don’t ever want to touch Scala again." And he's not shy about listing a litany of reasons why. TheServerSide is going to be talking with Giles in the near future. If you've got an issue or two you would like us to take him to task on in terms of his assessment of Scala, I want to hear about it.
Every once in a while we run into someone that has a Hotspot JVM that is running back to back garbage collections and yet the heap is still almost full after each attempt! When they discover that their problem is related to the JVM not having enough memory they often ask the question, "Why didn’t the JVM throw an OutOfMemoryError (OOME)?" After all my application is not making any forward...
This blog post tells you about an interesting and free conference in 2014 in Turkey on Android and Mobile developments
Let's go inside the Cassandra nodetool utility and discover how we can extend it.
Recently, there has been much discussion about the need to server gems in a private network. This need arose not only from the security problems experienced by RubyGems.org but also due to the fact that some gems aren’t hosted on RubyGems.org such as Vagrant, which no longer supports RubyGems or gems that are not open source or not public and that may nevertheless be shared as gems rather than...
With 2013 done and dusted, one clear winner for the biggest mover out of all the programming languages on the TIOBE index has emerged.
We recently ran into a memory leak caused by the Oracle JDBC Driver Implementation. Oracle fixed the issue based on our input data. In case you are experiencing memory problems leading to crashes have a look at this blog. In case you see similar symptoms its better to install the latest patches instead of adding more memory to avoid Out of Memory crashes.
Enforcing data integrity ensures the quality of the data in the system, and contributes to have bug free applications. Two important steps in checking the data integrity are to identify valid values for a type and to decide how to enforce its data integrity.
In this article we take a look at How improve testing by looking at how to use Jemmy with JUnit in NetBeans
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Hewlett-Packard Company
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.