With Java 8, a lot of new language improvements have been implemented for making life of developer easier. This post is not about learning these Java 8 features but how to apply them in Arquillian framework.
Explore the intellij IDEA source code
A website crash doesn’t just hurt your revenues; it hurts your brand. A small but elite list of brands, like HP and Best Buy, have struggled to keep up with the masses of frenzied online shoppers this Black Friday. As "Super Saturday" approaches, make sure your application is well prepared to support periods of high user demand – or you may have to contend with an unruly digital...
Introduction to Spring Data JPA with Spring 4 - the Spring config, the DAO, manual and generated queries and transaction management.
In the latest in Jigsaw puzzling news, we’re pleased to report that the initial change-set for JEP 220: “Modular Run-Time Images” was pushed through yesterday. As part of the steady granularisation of Java to improve performance, security, and maintainability, this JEP’s overriding purpose is slated as the remodelling of the JDK and JRE run-time images to accommodate modules.
Continuous Integration is becoming a key element in modern day Agile development. When integrated with performance testing, CI can be vital in detecting and mitigating performance issues before they have a chance to derail your system in the real world. Is your company reaping these benefits or lagging behind the competition?
The survival kit for new deployments: Tools for Java developers that frequently deploy code to production
Apache Mesos is a cluster manager that simplifies the complexity of running tasks on a shared pool of servers. Docker is a lightweight container for deploying packaged services, similar in concept to a virtual machine, but without the overhead. Mesos added support for Docker in the 0.20.0 release and subsequently fixed some fairly large limitations in the following 0.20.1 patch release. The...
Flyway 3.1 is out! Database Migrations made easy, now with Redshift, Vertica and DB2 z/OS support as well as SQL-based callbacks.
We just learned from a well-known memory leak in Tibco’s internal message handling. In this blog we share how you can verify whether you are impacted or not and how to fix this. The approach we take is also applicable for other enterprise components that you use in your connected environment.
This article presents a solution to the problem of how to perform the integration with various systems: Event-Driven Architecture (EDA).
It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Jigsaw: Java Modular JSR 376 Posted for Review
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...