Let's have a look at the CUBA Platform's REST API. After an architectural overview and how it fulfills the REST constraints, you'll see how to interact with it and what the benefits of it are.
Unit testing is a technique that completely replaces debugging, in object-oriented programming. If debugging is required, the design is bad and you should refactor it first, instead of debugging.
In a recent survey on "Going Reactive" by Typesafe, in which over 3000 people participated, we look at the role of Reactive in the adoption of microservices-based architectures, as well as the 8 technologies preferred by respondents building and deploying microservices in production...
Development, Testing, and Operations are pulling together to deliver new projects and updates faster and more efficiently than ever before. Gartner predicts that we’ll see DevOps hit the mainstream as a strategy employed by 25% of Global 2000 organisations next year. DevOps promotes a set of processes and methods for thinking about integration and collaboration between development, testing, and...
Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework written in Java for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware. All the modules in Hadoop are designed with a fundamental assumption that hardware failures are common and should be automatically handled by the framework.
In this post we look at the solutions to the common reasons why a Gradle build might be slow. Doing unnecessary work, not parallelized build, dynamic dependencies resolution are all signs that you can speed up your Gradle build.
Do you love JRebel's class reloading functionality, but hate the price (and their aggressive marketing tactics)? Finally, there is a similar alternative.
Testing multithreaded code is a tough challenge. The first advice that you get when trying to test concurrency is to isolate your concurrent concerns in the code as much as possible. This a general design advice but in this case it’s even more important. Make sure to first properly unit test the logic that is wrapped by the concurrent construct. Otherwise you might spend a long time trying to...
These are the most popular design patterns in object-oriented programming, though some of them are actually anti-patterns, in my opinion
Docker Compose environment variable binding examples – Java, Node.Js, PHP, Python, and Ruby On Rails
Docker Compose Environment Variable Binding Examples – Java, Node.Js, PHP, Python, and Ruby On Rails
This article series is about containers. In this first article we start by reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and discuss why it is a game changer!
In this article, we will explore how Java configuration could be used to replace the XML configuration in ZK Spring MVC and the convenience of using a new feature in ZK 8 – Shadow Selector – to control shadow elements.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...