Recently, Israeli-based Artifactory providers JFrog announced full support for on-premise and cloud-based npm repositories within their popular third-party library and binaries manager. With this latest update, Artifactory has become the first private npm registry and proxy for the extremely popular node.js framework. Boasting a hugely active user base, node.js has a vibrant ecosystem, which,...
Many people have the false impression that if you're going down a DevOps route, PaaS isn't the path you want to take. Cloudbees CEO, Sacha Labourey, explains why smart IT managers and directors aren't afraid to bring the two approaches together.
New JOSSO 2.4 unleashes an extended modeling notation for rolling out even more complex settings, improved interoperability with cloud services as well as with the latest technology stacks and applications.
Oracle announces plans to join forces with Imagination Technologies to bring Java to MIPS chip architecture and tune Java to work with PowerVR graphics
For the 5th time, ZeroTurnaround's tech detectives at RebelLabs revisit the tools & technologies landscape in Java, collecting data, crunching numbers and see what’s going on in 14 different tool segments and the market at large.
In this article we take alook at running JavaFX on a server.
Clojure is a Lisp for the JVM and due to being different is a great programming language to learn. To ease your learning process this article shows you how to design software in a functional language and how to start your next Clojure project using Leiningen.
MapDB allows you as the Java developer to do what you do every day: work with the familiar, natural and powerful Java Collections API – while surpassing the traditional limitations of Java Heap Memory and the expense of Garbage Collection with large data sets. I was able to get up and running with MapDB literally in a few minutes, and now I can create virtually any size collection (Map, Set,...
If you’ve ever done a lot of work with Regular Expressions, you’re probably familiar with the concept of catastrophic backtracking, which means that the engine is forced to calculate permutations of exponential proportions. This article demonstrates how to protect yourself from runaway regular expressions, and prevent a hidden denial of service attack that is exposed in the Java language itself.
Brian Goetz rallies army of “nine million” Java wizards at JAX 2014 keynote, earmarking arrays and Value Types as burning issues.
Explore one of the new Java 8 features by adding default method implementations to your interfaces.
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.