We get it. As a tester you are working under pressure. We want you to be the best tester you can be: ready, prepared, and capable. So here are the top 6 mistakes testers are most likely to make when testing mobile application performance – and how to avoid them. http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-6-mistakes-testers-need-to-avoid-when-testing-mobile-application-performance/
With the introduction of the stream API in Java 8 parallel computation became easier than ever. However, it doesn’t mean that parallelizing every stream is a good idea. The underlying infrastructure is flexible enough, but a few surprises await you when you use it.
MongoDB maven Dwight Merriman says the Agile movement played a hand in the development of MongoDB. Dynamic schema are part of the progran...
Small configuration tweaks can have a huge impact on your logging throughput
As we all know, Angular and D3 frameworks are very popular, and once they work together they can be very powerful and helpful when creating dashboards. But, they can also be challenging and confusing especially when new to these frameworks. The right way to incorporate D3 with Angular is to use custom directives. Directives in Angular are essentially functions that are executed on a DOM element....
Hierarchical exception handling and static exception checking are among the most significant features offered by the Java language; however, their support is limited to procedural code and can only be exploited in hierarchies of function calls. So, there is nothing similar to assist us when it comes to event-driven programming or asynchronous programming, where the work is scattered among many...
We look deep into the hearts of developers and, using tons of juicy data from 3 years worth of surveys, extract 10 kick-ass technologies that modern developers tell us they love...
Personally, I'd like to see the DAO pattern go the way of the dodo bird, but if you do find yourself swimming in a sea of data access objects, maybe Freezer will help you paddle your way out of them?
JITWatch is a log analyser for Java HotSpot JIT compiler. It consumes JIT log files and visualizes the compilation activity. Learn how to configure it on your project and what information can it provide you with.
This is series of posts describing how you can use Big Data and related technologies to enable both business and customers to gain still unknown pieces of information. The articles explores different Big Data technologies and explain how you can use each one to get desired results. It takes an example of typical eCommerce platform where a customer can browse different products.
Why do they call it Google I/O? Because I owe a bunch of money after buying all the cool toys they displayed in the exhibitors hall. What was cool and what wasn't? Prolific Java author Barry Burd lets us know.
For most people today, reliability is critical and TCP is a natural choice for most applications where data is important; for example, everything from web page, to mail, to SSH are TCP -based protocols.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.