Alachisoft recently announced that NCache will now be licensed under the Apache 2.0 Open Source licence, bringing open source, distributed caching to the .NET community (and of course, to the Java community as well)
If we had to pick just one programming language that you should care about, it’d have to be dear old Java. In 2015, 20 years since its first release, we have multiple reasons as to why Java has managed to outperform many languages, on and off the JVM, and how it has become the most used cross-platform development tool, language and ecosystem. In this report, we take a look at the top 10...
Recently, we were invited to conduct a joint talk with a UX designer, Andrew from Viki on Improving communications between Design and Development for Singasug. The main focus of the talk was to introduce AngularJS and elaborate on how it help to improve collaboration between developers and designer from both sides of view. To illustrate the topic, we work together on revamping the Pet Clinic...
A decorator pattern, while being the best instrument to keep objects highly cohesive, solid, and loosely coupled, is unfortunately not very popular in traditional Java programming
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of enterprise Java development.
The art of software development is being radically transformed by the Agile Development methodology and the DevOps culture. This post will examine one particular challenge of this transformation: keeping QA and Operations in lockstep.
HTML5 local storage allows web applications to store values locally in the browser and can survive the browser session, just like cookies. Unlike cookies that need to be sent with every HTTP request, thereby affecting website performance, local storage data as information is never transferred to the server.
In this article, we talk about the importance of being able to monitor IoT devices in the field. When a large number of devices is being used, and when those devices generate lots of data, a cloud-based solution is preferred for collecting the data, especially if there are different groups of users with different sets of permissions. The Java EE 7 APIs allow you to develop a cloud-based...
Utility classes, even though they look like collections of functions, have nothing to do with functional programming, mostly because they are bags of procedures
This post explained how Codenvy and Tomitribe partnered to create a one-click TomEE environment, which can be accessed directly from the projects GitHub page.
Takipi analyzes code at the JVM level, and doesn’t rely on pulling log files. Start solving problems in production with minimal added CPU and IO overhead.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Emerging 2015 Java trends: Cloud based IDEs and greater Java 8 adoption (09 Apr 2015) So far in 2015, big trends are emerging in the Java ecosystem, and top among those trends are the...
- Where are the REST alternatives for real-time applications? (06 Apr 2015) Enterprise developers face number of challenges in creating frameworks for building scalable...
- Cloud based IDEs shine, despite developer reservations (08 Apr 2015) Organizations are starting to consider cloud IDEs as a practical alternative to traditional desktop...
- Google's Project X: Solving the worlds problems, one moon-shot at a time (07 Apr 2015) Using the ambitious plans to put humans on the moon as a source of inspiration, Google is asking...
- Docker and containerization: The uncontainable trend of 2015 (03 Apr 2015) Containerization, especially using new and exciting platforms like Docker, is a massive trend in...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.