How to use Jackson to break the infinite recursion problem on bidirectional relationships.
In this example, we aim to have a closer look at slideshows with HTML5. Slideshows are a good way to present a set of images within a part of the website. HTML5 doesn’t have a native tag or set of tags to make a slideshow, but you can achieve it using other provided tags.
This RebelLabs report covers typical Java performance considerations, monitoring and application performance management tools, Java profilers, and common performance testing libraries. We all know that there is no silver bullet in solving performance problems, and you have to choose your tools depending on the needs of your project. So, how do you decide which performance tools are most...
If you were to position ‘microservice architectures’ on the Gartner Hype Cycle, right now, judging from the drip-feed of cautionary articles making the rounds, they’d probably be poised near the summit of the trough of disillusionment. Today we spoke to Mark Little, who was in London to lead Red Hat’s Microservices Architecture Developer Day, for a best-practice flavoured opinion. What the...
The slides behind some some of the best talks at Scala Days
It’s time for a developer workspace cloud that you control. For free.
A case study that shows how to prevent cluster disconnects and data loss when operating the ELK Stack on Amazon Web Services. What tips would you add?
In this post we'll take Spring Boot's idea of executable jars to its natural conclusion: fusing your Spring Boot application together with a JVM and a kernel into a immutable bootable app that can be run unchanged on both VirtualBox and EC2.
What are Java micro frameworks and why should you use them?
Here is a list of criteria I apply to software projects submitted for the Software Quality Award; they can be applied equally to any other projects
A step by step tutorial, showing you how to convert your existing Java Ant project to Maven.
We are still in the early stages of IoT, so not a lot is known about the behavioral and performance characteristics of large-scale IoT systems. However, there are a few things we do know. When it comes to IoT, it’s a pretty safe bet that performance engineers will want to pay particular attention to the following areas...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...