Here is a list of criteria I apply to software projects submitted for the Software Quality Award; they can be applied equally to any other projects
A step by step tutorial, showing you how to convert your existing Java Ant project to Maven.
We are still in the early stages of IoT, so not a lot is known about the behavioral and performance characteristics of large-scale IoT systems. However, there are a few things we do know. When it comes to IoT, it’s a pretty safe bet that performance engineers will want to pay particular attention to the following areas...
Can you actually develop a highly complex cloud tool with a cloud development tool?
What happened at Google I/O? Well, it's a developer centric conference, so why not send one of the industry's most respected developers to report on the happenings? From radar replacing the keyboard and mouse, to new cloud based offerings for your Android programs, there's lots to love at Google I/O 2015.
The first in a series of articles looking at the microbenchmarking of Apache Spark.
The very attempt to estimate a software project has fundamental flaws and can't be done right; instead, we should estimate different parameters.
Taboola’s Spark monitoring architecture for handling 10B+ daily user events
In this article, I will show you step by step how to create a GitHub account and host your Maven artifact on it.
When’s the last time you accidentally put milk in the cabinet? Or cereal in the fridge? Have you had to hunt around for your car keys recently, only to find them in a place you already thought you’d looked? We all miss a thing or two from time to time. When you’re doing so much at once, it’s easy to overlook the simple things. It’s understandable.
At Logz.io, we're using Play 2.0 framework. We wanted to share our experience hardening and securing this part of our architecture by using action composition.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...