This story is about two good reasons why the exceptions should be used for what the name indicates – for exceptional situations. If you start abusing the concept, you either make your code unreadable or start suffering from performance issues.
There has been a lot of talk how performance fits into the DevOps philosophy. One interesting aspect is that many believe that Monitoring performance is all that needs to be done. This cannot be further from the truth. The problem is that to do performance properly in a DevOps setting you have to transition away from monitoring the performance of an application and start managing it – not just in...
In this RebelLabs report, we encourage you to embrace DevOps in order to build a fully-automated Continuous Delivery pipeline in your organization using award-winning and recognized tools in the industry, like: GitHub, Artifactory, Bamboo, Arquillian, Selenium and LiveRebel.
The NetBeans team needs your feedback about your experiences using NetBeans IDE 7.3 or its update release, NetBeans IDE 7.3.1!
The latest release of Data pipeline is now available for download. It includes streaming XPath for JSON, Multi-threaded JDBC writing, expression language updates, and more.
If transaction times jump from less than one second to more than 60 seconds after a software upgrade, it is evident that there is a problem that needs investigation. But where do you continue looking if there is no clear evidence? What if the SQL Log files don't show any long running statements - do you rule out the database? In this blog we show yet another case of data-driven performance...
It is widely accepted that the concept of enterprise mobility presents countless opportunities to the business world.
A key point for a successful continuous delivery is to make the production matrix available to the developers
JvCache is an extremely fast and scalable in-memory data grid and distributed cache for mission critical Java applications with real-time data access needs.
Are you using Maven and Git? Tired of the monstrosity called the Release Plugin to produce releases? This article introduces a radically simpler alternative that is both faster and more effective.
Programs, like people, get old. We can’t prevent aging, but we can understand its causes, take steps to limit its effects, temporarily reverse some of the damage it has caused, and prepare for the day when the software is no longer viable. We must lose our preoccupation with the first release and focus on the long term health of our products
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
- Do you need APIs if you've embraced SOA? (Apigee Europe LTD)
- Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013 (ComputerWeekly.com)
- Capgemini and Sogeti - World Quality Report 2013-2014 (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.