Concurrent Adders are a new set of classes used in Java 8. As people have been managing concurrent counters since the dawn of multi-core architectures, we'll see what are some of the options Java offered up until now, and how they perform compared to this new API
Spring XD offers a unified, distributed, and extensible system for data ingestion, real time analytics, batch processing, and data export for Hadoop. XD is built on Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Data + Spring Hadoop, and inherits all their proven capability, including portability across major distributions like Apache, Cloudera, Pivotal and Hortonworks.
Boot removes tedious boilerplate Java code for about 80% of cases, and encourages small, simply focused services that are ideal for cloud / PaaS deployments. Boot provides as much as possible out of the box for your app in production (metrics, JMX, CraSHd shell integration, easy security, etc.) so that getting the code right is the only responsibility you care about.
The industry’s jargon can be hard to decipher at times, especially when trying to explain these buzzwords to fellow co-workers within your organization who don’t really have a clue what you are talking about. Buzzwords are unavoidable, however there needs to be a clear understanding of what a buzzword is and the testing buzzwords you should know. Read on to see the answer.
In this article I will show you how to create your own simple java web service and how to test it using Glassfish 4.0.
With Java 8, lambdas were introduced to the Java language; but at a bytecode level, nothing changed! We’re still utilizing the existing invokedynamic functionality added in Java 7. So does this mean we can run lambdas on Java 7?
Static code analysis is a great and cheap way to improve the quality of your code in a sustainable way. But what if you'd look at this part like it was about building future-proof unit tests - whenever you find a code bug you add something that makes sure that this type of bug never appears again - in any of your projects?
At Big Data Techcon 2014, Cloudera’s Jonathan Steidman explained how Hadoop could help the enterprise expand its data infrastructure and access better business intelligence.
New releases of Satoris, Simz and Stenos that now replicate both execution behavior as well as contextual data across time and space.
One of the key new features introduced in Java 8 is parallel array operations. How fast is this thing, and when should I use it?
The humble log has largely been thought of as a data source that is there “just in case” there is a problem. Generally logs have only ever been accessible by the chosen few, who sit in the engine room of the system looking at at log events flying past all day long. However, there is a wealth of information contained in your log data which is useful for use cases beyond debugging or security. Find...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- The challenge of tagging for analytics in a world of unstructured text (06 Jul 2014) Many organizations are managing massive amounts of information in their big data systems, but...
- From cloud computing to mobile development: Emerging fields for continuous integration (06 Jul 2014) One of the fastest growing fields in enterprise development is continuous integration. Couple that...
- Freezer: Putting object relational mapping (ORM) tools to the test (03 Jul 2014) Freezer is a code generator that constructs the persistence layer of a Java application: DAOs,...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
- Why All Enterprise DataIntegration Products Are Not Equal (Talend)
- Presentation Transcript: Time is Money: Dramatically Reducing Performance Inefficiencies for Competitive Advantage (Dell Software)
- Medical Supply Company Improves Opportunity to Cash Processes with Application Integration (Apps Associates LLC)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.