Since Java 8 release interfaces can contain definitions of static and default methods. Default methods form another chain of inheritance, parallel to the class inheritance, and can greatly confuse you if you let them get out of hands.
What if you could go back in time when an app running in the cloud, servicing a request and inject new code into the flow that augments a simulated reality.
In this article we take a look at what is important to consider as part of of your process in choosing a Java Application Server.
I always find it frustrating to “argue” with our competitors about what the best solution is. There is no “one size fits all” – there is just a “this tool fits best for your APM Maturity Level” (not saying the others wouldn’t do a good job). In this blog I highlight the reasons why Steven - a Performance Engineer - switched to our solution. Not because we are the best - but because we fit their...
Open source, lean, and modular, Spring IO brings together the core Spring APIs into a single, cohesive and versioned foundation for modern applications to help Java developers innovate and develop applications faster. Available as a 100% open source Maven Bill-of-Materials and commercial support, training and consulting available from Pivotal.
Here we are in the middle of the World Cup, and the entire world is watching thanks to the ubiquity of online video. Services like video streaming, live social media coverage and mobile push notifications have only been available for a short time – yet consumers have embraced them and immediately become reliant on them. In this post, we will take a look at the digital side of world sporting...
Simple question. The simplest answer to that may be “It depends.” But let’s explore that aspect a little further and please keep in mind there is no absolute truth despite what pages upon pages of heated online discussions might suggest. In addition to that we also have some fully-working, juicy sample code for you to ogle over. We’re talking about @Transactional in a Spring based project...
Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra).
Achieving an affordable database solution that is both scalable and performant has always been a challenge, but Amazon has put scalability and performance within the reach of all sizes of business with their NoSQL solutions that have grown out of their Dynamo based big data systems.
With a list of happy customers only 1 week after the v1.0 launch, engineers seem to love the way XRebel lets them expose future bugs and production issues in web applications...all during the development stage!
I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help developers make...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Choosing the right log aggreatator to mine your performance data (15 Oct 2014) To maintain and improve an existing system, being able to read and understand log files is an...
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Glassfish community thrives; innovations update (27 Oct 2014) Expert Steve Millidge discusses how Oracle no longer supports Glassfish app server and looks at...
- Java pro digs into trends in IoT, mobile, Java 9 (24 Oct 2014) Java expert Barry Burd discusses trends in Java 9, mobile development and IoT at JavaOne 2014.
- What matters most in micro-services, REST and NoSQL? (23 Oct 2014) Jeff Genender discusses REST, NoSQL and how micro-services are changing how people are doing...
- Can Microsoft Azure and push notifcations raise Minecraft to new heights? (20 Oct 2014) Many are worried about Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft, but with their Azure cloud and...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.