Konrad Malawski, Akka team member and Reactive Streams contributor, goes deep into the protocols, tools and methodologies user for building Reactive applications. Full video and slides provided.
Currently I am co-writing Arquillian in Action book with my colleague Jason Porter. Last week the book just entered into MEAP stage.
Application Performance Management, or APM, is the monitoring and management of the availability and performance of software applications. Different people can interpret this definition differently so this article attempts to qualify what APM is, what it includes, and why it is important to your business.
Man, monitoring web based applications and gathering metrics from single page interfaces (SPIs) developed in AngularJS and Ember can be a real pain. Well, it can be if you're using traditional monitoring software. If you are, SOASTA may have some answers to your problems.
From the performance achievements of the Redis NoSQL database to the simplification of persistence mapping from Java code to big data stores, the world of NoSQL and big data development is changing fast.
Typesafe Deputy CTO Viktor Klang goes into the world of microservices to see how these new system architectures emerge from the constraints of reality, and what we can do about it...
A Sneak Peek at Java 9 “Sleeper Feature” REPL and JShell
A tutorial showing you how to perform automated static analysis test using Jenkins and PMD
Codenvy certified On-Prem installs are now available on Microsoft Azure.
Back in March 2015, we created a survey about Java performance testing that would give us insights into how teams and organizations go about performance testing their applications. Now we analyze the data to find answers to the questions like: How do teams do their performance analysis and testing? How long does it take to verify that there are no performance regressions? Who monitors and...
Dean Wampler from Typesafe and Tathagata Das from Databricks present the data streaming landscape and Spark Streaming points in this 60-min webinar, complete with video and slides
While most programmers think checked exceptions in Java are a mistake, I'm of the opposite opinion — unchecked ones are a mistake
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.