In this article, Julien Viet shows how we should develop efficient applications using Juzu and Ajax. The application is quite simple and is a rehash of the Who Is Online gadget. After reading this you will understand how to develop application using the Ajax programming model which is easy to use and very powerful.
Video: Performance Management for Distributed Applications Using Spring Insight’s Plugins for Spring Integration and RabbitMQ Abstract: New developer video showing how to trace transaction performance across distributed architectures using Spring Insight’s Spring Integration and RabbitMQ plugins.
In Continuous Delivery each build is potentially shippable. This fact implies among a lot of other things, to assign a none snapshot version to your components as fast as possible so you can refer them through all the process. To improve visibility of version number through all pipeline Jenkins Description Setter Plugin can be used.
This article presents the latest performance study conducted to compare the performance of WSO2 ESB 4.6.0, WSO2 ESB 4.5.1, Mule 3.3.0, Talend-SE-5.1.1 and UltraESB 1.7.1 - Enhanced.
This is an introduction to Xtend, a fairly new JVM language. It is written from the point of view of someone who is looking at the language for the first time, so read along and learn about our experiences and impressions of the Xtend language and how it differs to Java and other JVM languages.
Following up to ZeroTurnaround's popular Developer Productivity Report of 2012, the company's recently-launched Research and Content division Rebel Labs opens a new survey aimed at the -Ops side of DevOps, with the hope of strengthening a community that could use a little more love.
Demonstrates the power of recording software execution behavior and replaying it at faster speeds whilst maintaining ordering using discrete event simulation.
Article about the ETags support in Spring, integration testing of the RESTful API, and consumption scenarios with curl.
Just because you have a great idea, even a great demo, doesn't mean that you'll be able to execute on growing a great startup. Your startup will eat your ideas, and you may find yourself with a different product that you started with. Make sure you come with lots of ideas then...like, 500 of them.
If Continuous Integration is responsible for so much good in the world of software development, then why did only 49% of developers surveyed report using a CI server of any kind? After all, a well-loved CI server helps you avoid all sorts of private "hells" during development, such as broken builds, manual merging and regressions. This report on CI shows you how to get started, and what to know...
Version 2.2.0 of RRiBbit adds HTTP support to the already existing Java RMI and JMS support. This is seen as an important update for RRiBbit, since HTTP is the most widely used communication protocol. You can now use RRiBbit to let a Java program on one machine talk to a Java program on another machine via HTTP without relying on complex mechanisms such as Web Services or SOAP. In fact, you can...
Dear Spring community, I'm happy to announce that the next iteration of the core framework will be Spring Framework 4.0!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.