Software salaries plateaued about ten years ago, and there's no indication that they're going to rise any time soon. So why are software developer's salaries stagnating and why isn't anyone doing anything about it?
Is it just me, or does is seem that Oracle is arriving just a little bit too late to the party when it comes to hosting Java applications in the cloud? Hosting Java apps on distributed Docker containers? Where have I heard that approach before. Oh, now I remember - everywhere!
Everyone is talking about IoT as if it's something new. It's not. The Java visionaries predicted it 20 years ago and created a software platform that would empower it. The rest of the world is simply catching up.
This article provides a brief introduction to MongoDB, defining its role in a web-based application and, through a few example operations and queries, demonstrating why developers like to use it.
Are you heading to San Francisco to attend JavaOne 2015? Here's some sage advice on how to get the most out of the experience.
A cool implementation of a custom Spring annotation along with a bean pre-processor to get to a simple, generic DAO implementation.
Make sure you have these JavaOne sessions in your conference schedule
RebelLabs has published its next report. This time they cover Android, the platform, the development practices, the tooling and much more.
Streamline your Error Detection in your log4j logs with AppTags
In distributed Reactive systems, there is information that needs to be shared across the cluster–this can be done very fast, with eventual consistency across nodes, or slower, with consistent data across nodes. It really depends on your needs.
A look at Deeplearning4J & BIDData - two (slightly creepy) emerging machine learning technologies for the JVM
This article covers two emerging (and somewhat frightening) machine learning technologies for the JVM – Deeplearning4J and BIDData.
Checked InterruptedException in Java is a constant source of pain for many of us; here is my understanding of how it should be handled.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.