Most software outsourcing companies don't show their source code until the product is ready, keeping their customers in the dark and increasing the risk of project failure; it's a bad practice.
This note isn’t just a recap of 2014, it is our commitment to the future!
Object-relational mapping is a design pattern that violates encapsulation, one of the fundamental principles of OOP, but what is a possible alternative to it?
We take a look at the top 10 Android Apps and IDE's for Java Coders and Programmers who are on the go and want to continue coding.
This article begins by looking at the challenges in understanding the data in each system and the need for “one data model to rule them all”: the Canonical Data Model enterprise integration pattern.
Learn how to deploy and IBM BLU service on SoftLayer or AWS.
Kim Kardashian aside, we thought it might be fun to look back on 2014 and figure out what actually broke the internet. So without further ado…;http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-ten-things-broke-internet-2014/
Java developers are flooded with a plethora of libraries and tools for their day-to-day work. We compiled a little list of stuff that we use everyday in primarily business line development (CRM, banking, web dev etc.) and that we can wholeheartedly recommend. There’s also a very opinionated section of people that we’d like to give some props to, if you are not on it, give us a shout ;) Please...
Immutable objects are not the same as passive data structures without setters, despite a very common misbelief
In a traditional software engineering organization, the QA group is often seen as separate from the Development group, however, for folks outside the engineering team – say in Operations – they generally consider Development and QA to be in the same group. So what happens with QA in a DevOps organization? When Development and Operations merge together, where does that leave QA? This post will...
Regularly and systematically having your programmers' technical deliverables reviewed by an independent engineer will greatly improve your quality and team motivation.
Loading all data into a Hashtable instead of using proper SQL (24k Statements instead of one) and an overloaded web site (280 images on landing page) are the two top problems of November that we found in our Application Performance Clinic. Find the technical details and how you can do a quick sanity check on your application
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Successfully managing software quality with growing, globally distributed teams (26 Mar 2015) Successfully managing a software project is always a challenge, but when a project grows into a...
- Cloud computing and AWS form perfect test beds for the risk averse (25 Mar 2015) Risk aversion is a cornerstone of the enterprise computing community. Do no harm is philosophy that...
- Rethink your tooling: How to make the DevOps promise a reality (23 Mar 2015) Many organizations have struggled with breaking down the wall between development and operations....
- Improving software quality in every application lifecycle management (ALM) stage (23 Mar 2015) Development lifecycles have become tremendously compressed, which means many stages of the...
- Will ObjectLayout's StructuredArrays finally solve the Java performance problem? (18 Mar 2015) Java performance has greatly improved over the years, but getting true, linear scalability has...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...