JINSPIRED has released a new free Java application performance monitoring solution, Satoris, based on it's adaptive intelligent technology along with the open sourcing of a Probes Open API.
Have you ever thought about seeing how well you’d do as an independent contractor in the coding game? What challenges you’d face, how your routine would change, and the risks that come with going solo?
CMS, or content management systems, are platforms for managing and administering website content. There is no denying that CMSes are important in today's web ecosystem. These content management systems not only provide an easy way to build and maintain websites, but they also lend a helping hand in updating and editing website content without the need to spend hours or days writing and altering...
When everything is running fine, your system logs can sometimes just get in the way and take up space. But when the code hits the fan, you want to see what's going on. So how can you cut through all the noise to understand what happened in the system before errors started occurring?
Adding Release Notes and Readme‘s to your software can be a bit tedious. Well, not in Bintray! Thanks to the excellent Asciidoctor framework, Bintray now lets you annotate your software with online Asciidoc docs, so it’s just as easy as writing code!
Migrating a data center to the cloud is a slippery slope, and once an organization begins the process of moving to a SaaS, PaaS or IaaS provider, they find themselves quickly adopting more and more cloud based technologies. But there is still a great deal of fear when it comes to taking that first step. So how can organizations mitigate their risk while at the same time get an idea of what types...
One of the main blockers we see with using Syslog in general is getting it setup, especially if you want to collect data from non-Syslog files – i.e. log files that Rsyslog has not already been configured to collect data from out of the box. This is a 3-step guide on how to configure Rsyslog to also send data from files not part of the default configuration:...
Estimating, provisioning and pricing is always insane, and no matter which route one takes, be it an in-house data center or a cloud-based provider, estimated costs rarely equal the dollar value of the check that gets written at the end of the month. Are cloud computing costs high? That question can only be answered if you have something with which to accurately compare it.
As new technologies arise, common catch phrases, easily remembered terms, and familiar abbreviations quickly emerge that can paradoxically be both explanatory and confounding. The cloud computing space is a prime example, as terms like SaaS, DaaS and IaaS can on the one hand help outside observers garner a high level understanding of what a given offering in this space might provide, while at the...
ZK 7, the Java web framework’s latest release integrates CSS 3, Bootstrap, and LESS to accelerate theme customization. Creating, or customizing a theme no longer entails lengthy style definitions but rather the developers can leverage the scaffolds offered by Bootstrap as well as the rich repositories of existing templates.
When you want to create a culture based on quality in terms of software engineering and people responsibilities every person in a growing company has a profound effect on the company’s culture, it sets the tone for the recruitment process and how you build an 'A' team.
This latest RebelLabs report goes after the top 3 build tools used in Java development—Maven, Gradle and Ant + Ivy. From history, popularity, installation and build scripts, to going deeper with plugins, customizations and extensions, this Part 1 report (Part 2 coming in late January 2014) has something for everyone to enjoy.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- NTT America, Inc., an NTT Communications company
- The SnapLogic Integration Cloud: A Technical Overview (SnapLogic)
- Application Release and Deployment For Dummies (IBM)
- The Time is Right for DevOps (CA Technologies.)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.