Chatbot is a perfect alternative to a traditional user interface when dealing with a microservice and professional users.
Communication, collaboration and integration are the three main principles of the ever-growing, modern approach to software delivery known as “DevOps.”
The diversity of streaming media formats and performance metrics may leave QA teams wondering how to accurately test and measure the quality of the end user experience. Today, I’ll discuss some of the main differences between progressive downloads and adaptive bitrate streaming in terms of load and performance testing and explore the ways in which your organization can realistically test and...
Planning your load test doesn’t have to take tons of time if you approach it the right way and if you set yourself up for success from the start. Follow this advice and all will end well.
Checked InterruptedException in Java is a constant source of pain for many of us; here is my understanding of how it should be handled.
Discusses an often over looked blindspot in the performance analysis of event stream based systems such as trading and gaming.
Today more than ever, speed plays a larger role in the software development lifecycle. We see R&D teams who want to push code faster to production environments with rising complexity, and this amplifies a vulnerability that must be addressed
With JavaOne 2015 in full swing we take a look at a summary of what happened at the JavaOne Keynote 2015.
The time between Java 6 and Java 7 releases has made many organizations complacent in terms of upgrading their JDK. But for many, it's time to stop complaining about problems that have been fixed in newer releases and actually move to a newer edition of the JDK.
In this article we are going to look into the general problem of managing data in distributed architectures, briefly discuss the traditional relational database management systems and then switch our gears to NoSQL / NewSQL solutions.
Software salaries plateaued about ten years ago, and there's no indication that they're going to rise any time soon. So why are software developer's salaries stagnating and why isn't anyone doing anything about it?
Is it just me, or does is seem that Oracle is arriving just a little bit too late to the party when it comes to hosting Java applications in the cloud? Hosting Java apps on distributed Docker containers? Where have I heard that approach before. Oh, now I remember - everywhere!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.