Emerging technology trends such as social, mobile, cloud and big data may be the new norm, but compliance and security fears persist.
Use this blog as Guide to prepare for the holiday shopping season. It is a collection of Best Practices we captured from our previous and current engagements with eCommerce veterans and startup sites that managed to get through the previous holiday seasons without major hiccups. The main goal is to ensure high conversion rates. In order to do this you need to test the important landing pages,...
Back in late May, jClarity ran small survey to see what the state of Java/JVM cloud (virtualised) deployments were in their community. Here are the results of that survey, despite it's relatively small sample size it makes for interesting reading!
Google is about to do it again. What you ask? They're about to release a new product that will likely wither and die after a handful of developers start using it and investing time in it. Here are all the non-existent details about Google Web Designer that you don't really need to know.
Apache TomEE is a Java EE server, which provides you with the best technology stack that can be deployed to a simple Java EE container. you’ll see how easy it is to deploy Java web apps into TomEE. In this tutorail you'll see how easy it is to deploy Java web apps into TomEE.
A new mini comic series on the topic of monitoring and managing (control) Java applications.
It’s hard to implement an effective, scalable search system, which is why Apache Solr is probably the most popular ‘black box’ in web app infrastructure.
Do you still spend your nights or weekends in war room scenarios in order to fix production performance problems? You have heard of DevOps but are scared of the change and you dont really know how to start and what to focus on? In this blog we cover best practices of companies that jumped on the DevOps train for the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. It takes a lot of...
Comments on some key concepts and ideas in a research paper outlining future directions in engineering self-adaptive software systems.
What greeks, romans, indians and NoSQL databases have in common?
PrimeFaces CSV Framework is revealed featuring the most complete and advanced CSV solution for JavaServer Faces and Java EE.
On most cloud computing platforms supporting enterprise Java deployment, Java is a first class citizen, optimized for the given runtime, and available directly through the cloud computing provider. It's not simply a software program that gets installed as though it were a decompression utility like WinRAR or 7-Zip. That's how it is with Microsoft's Azure cloud - but Azul Systems plans to change...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.