Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra).
Achieving an affordable database solution that is both scalable and performant has always been a challenge, but Amazon has put scalability and performance within the reach of all sizes of business with their NoSQL solutions that have grown out of their Dynamo based big data systems.
With a list of happy customers only 1 week after the v1.0 launch, engineers seem to love the way XRebel lets them expose future bugs and production issues in web applications...all during the development stage!
I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
PDF is still an important file format and is even increasing in usage in the production of packaging and Archiving markets.... It now has its own Conference and organisation and you can find out more about both in this articles.
Unlock productivity is one of the bigger concerns for any person taking management role. However, people rarely agree on the best approaches to improve performance. Over the years, I have observed different managers using the opposite practices to churn out best performance of the team they are managing. Unfortunately, some works and other don't. To be more accurate, what does not increase...
Logentries recently co-hosted a webinar with BlazeMeter on advanced JMeter testing for 500,000+ users. The webinar had almost 1,000 registrants, and focused on helping users understand what’s happening on their systems during load testing; identify any warnings or exceptions being thrown; and how to use log data to analyze performance under this load level.
XPath isn't just for querying XML anymore. You can also use it to query your JSON trees and Java beans. In this quick tutorial, you'll see how to query Java objects with Data Pipeline's streaming XPath engine.
The best ideas are often found while on the border of several disciplines at once. We looked at the intersection of software product development and playing chess. These lessons is what we found in common between these two.
There is a lot more to testing than just finding bugs. Today’s testers are part detective, part forensic analyst, and part social scientist. When building a testing strategy you need to examine a pile of data, develop an understanding of how real users behave, and use that information to create test scenarios that push those limits. This is especially important when creating a strategy to test...
In this article we take a look at improving your Java Code and focuses on the 9 tools that can help with Java Performance Tuning.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.