A Sneak Peek at Java 9 “Sleeper Feature” REPL and JShell
A tutorial showing you how to perform automated static analysis test using Jenkins and PMD
Codenvy certified On-Prem installs are now available on Microsoft Azure.
Back in March 2015, we created a survey about Java performance testing that would give us insights into how teams and organizations go about performance testing their applications. Now we analyze the data to find answers to the questions like: How do teams do their performance analysis and testing? How long does it take to verify that there are no performance regressions? Who monitors and...
Dean Wampler from Typesafe and Tathagata Das from Databricks present the data streaming landscape and Spark Streaming points in this 60-min webinar, complete with video and slides
While most programmers think checked exceptions in Java are a mistake, I'm of the opposite opinion — unchecked ones are a mistake
The pressure is on! But you can’t complete of the tests you’d normally execute with the limited amount of time you have. So where do you focus? This is a classic question for performance engineers, so we thought we’d help with some key strategies you can use when you are under short time constraints.
Results from the Java Deathmatch – A puzzle minigame for developers
Java 8 came with a major addition to the JDK collection framework, namely the stream API. But the most important question for anyone using Java streams is: are they really faster?
Introducing "Reactive Revealed" - A Technical Webinar Series on Going Reactive for Architects and Developers
From Jonas Bonér, Viktor Klang and Konrad Malawski, co-authors of the Reactive Manifesto and contributors to the Reactive Streams initiative, Typesafe has set out to produce a three-part “Reactive Revealed” series to give an interactive opportunity for enterprise architects and software developers (we even have some goodness for Operations and Executives too) to get started with understanding...
Breakdown tutorial of setting up continuous testing using Jenkins
Of the many additions to Java 8 such as the Stream API and lambdas, I noticed one of the lesser talked about ones was CompletableFutures. So I decided to have a play around with them on the last Java component I wrote. My use case in a nutshell was piping large volumes of data from a distributed file system, compressing it and uploading to individual destinations on Amazon S3.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.