Puppet, a popular configuration management tool, is used by many IT companies to help facilitate and automate the setup of environments. This is a hands on guide for how to quickly install Puppet a MySQL instance in just a couple of minutes using an open source Java-based framework, Cloudify.
JAXenter speaks to Greg Luck about the progress of JCache, transactions in the in-memory data grid, and Hazelcast plans for the year ahead.
In this article we will be taking a look at the 5 most used tools that we use at IDR Solutions and how it can help Java Developers write better code.
Today we’re going to take a look at some of the best online resources or websites that every Java developer should “Bookmark”.
Launches Artifactory with HA Capabilities to Solve DevOps Redundancy Pains
In recent years there has been a steady increase in companies moving infrastructure out of racks and into the cloud. As a result, no longer can you go into a room, see all your servers, manually hook up and make sure that they are all running as expected…those days are gone. As we all know, the health of your infrastructure or app can have an effect on the other. Even with that known, though,...
Comsat offers an actor-based API for web application programming.
Azul Systems CEO Scott Sellers explains why they think their new tool is a worthy match for Oracle offerings.
One of the great features that Asciidoctor offers us as a writers of manuals, tutorials and documentation in general is that allows us to follow the DRY pattern. If for example you are writing a tutorial, probably you will have one part of the tutorial which will be the documentation, and another part which will be source code with examples. Asciidoctor allows us to write the documentation and...
What if virtual machines could dream and relive past experiences as a means to train their own internal adaptive mechanisms or to allow software performance engineers to observe and understand dynamic behavior as it would appear in reality?
Building your RESTful Java web apps with templates simplifies your code and allows it to be re-themed without code change. This example creates an app using Twitter's Bootstrap front-end framework for it’s theme.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- The Scala debate demystified: Balancing the rants with the raves (01 Mar 2014) It's been over ten years since Scala appeared on the enterprise computing landscape. Some...
- NoSpinningDiscs: Why your NoSQL solution thirsts for SSDs (02 Mar 2014) Organizations are always looking for opportunities to tune their architecture. To achieve massive...
- Top four reasons why you should use Scala on your next project (01 Mar 2014) Is it time for your organizations to unshackle itself from its legacy of Java development, and...
- Continuous Development: The glue holding DevOps, TDD and Agile methods together (05 Feb 2014) Continuous integration(CI) and continuous development (CD) have become central components in the...
- The three most common NoSQL mistakes you don't want to be making (02 Mar 2014) More and more organizations are using NoSQL to solve various data persistence problems. But...
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.