This article is the second in a two-part series on Test-Driven Development (TDD). The first part presented an overview of TDD and its motivations. This reviews the idea of code coverage, how it ties into TDD and the benefits that we, as developers, derive from TDD.
Sites don’t perform at their peak without great performance testers, and it takes time and effort to acquire them. You want the best in the business, just like any other department at any other company. But what do they want? What will convince them to join your organization? This post will reveal what great performance testers look for in a company, and will show you a few things that your...
Using Codenvy with Haskell and Elm! - Review from a Codenvy User
There was an article on Techcrunch a while ago which was linked in our internal mailing list the other day, titled The Rise And Fall Of The Full Stack Developer. I read it, and I just couldn’t figure out why the title is about “the fall” of the full-stack developer (and I said as much on the mailing list, after which I was encouraged to write this blog post). In this post I’ll try and explain why...
At the heart of Codenvy is Eclipse Che, a cloud IDE and SDK with limitless customization potential.
A quick run-through of Java8's Optional with examples
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
What are the top Java libraries used by some of the most popular projects on Github? Based on analyzing 60,678 dependencies
Tacit is an open source CSS framework without a single class, which makes it very easy to use and learn
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
It is hard to comprehend just how quickly the companies who provide online tax services (TurboTax, TaxSlayer.com, eSmart Tax, H&R Block, and many others) need to ramp up their operations every year. Taxpayers don’t receive their W2s and other tax documentation until the end of January, so there is virtually no activity in that particular month. Then, once people have their forms at the beginning...
The main characteristics of a microservices-based application are defined in Microservices, Monoliths, and NoOps. Each service is fully autonomous and full-stack. Thus, changing a service implementation has no impact to other services as they communicate using well-defined interfaces. There are several advantages of such an application, but it’s not a free lunch and requires a significant effort...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Emerging 2015 Java trends: Cloud based IDEs and greater Java 8 adoption (09 Apr 2015) So far in 2015, big trends are emerging in the Java ecosystem, and top among those trends are the...
- Where are the REST alternatives for real-time applications? (06 Apr 2015) Enterprise developers face number of challenges in creating frameworks for building scalable...
- Cloud based IDEs shine, despite developer reservations (08 Apr 2015) Organizations are starting to consider cloud IDEs as a practical alternative to traditional desktop...
- Google's Project X: Solving the worlds problems, one moon-shot at a time (07 Apr 2015) Using the ambitious plans to put humans on the moon as a source of inspiration, Google is asking...
- Docker and containerization: The uncontainable trend of 2015 (03 Apr 2015) Containerization, especially using new and exciting platforms like Docker, is a massive trend in...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.