A cheat sheet for Java exceptions
Exceptions cheat sheet
Here’s a helpful little cheat sheet to guide you through the onerous task of Java exception handling.
The key topics covered in this simple summary of the complex topic of exception handling include:
- The most common RuntimeExceptions in Java
- The most common Java compile time errors
- How to address common runtime errors in your code
- The Java type class hierarchy
- Checked vs unchecked exceptions in Java
And where you’re done learning the ins and outs of exceptions in Java, take this challenging Java exceptions quiz which not only tests you on the fundamentals, but also on new concepts such as Java’s try-with-resources construct and how suppressed exceptions made their way into the language in Java 7.