As TechTarget updates the WhatIs database, I've been tasked with providing a new definition to the simple term "IDE." And I've decided to pass that job onto the readership because I'm busy doing other things. Any chance you could help me?
DevOps have been an exciting shift in the technological landscape and if you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon, perhaps it's time your organization does.
97% of Logged Errors are Caused by 10 Unique Errors
Data Pipeline 4.1 includes MongoDB integration, improved streaming joins, a new email reader for IMAP and POP3, JMX Monitoring, an in-memory Event Bus, and more.
TheServerSide has Android advocate and prolific author of various Java and Ruby Dummies books on site reporting back about what's new at this tenth Google I/O conference. Take a look at his full account of the big things that happened on the first day of the conference, including a variety of product announcements and feature improvements for new products like Google Duo, Google Allo and...
Big data is becoming more wide-spread and there are many parties that are driving that growth. However, big data, in return, is driving cognitive computing growth. This blog post discusses just that, big data storage needs and how machine learning methods fits in the picture.
TSS has explored the concept of big data from a handful of perspectives, ranging from building better algorithms to better business processes to big data apps. The phrase "big data" is thrown out there a lot but what does it really mean? How can it help your enterprise? Read on to find out.
We analyzed 47,251 dependencies on Github and pulled out the top 100 Java libraries
In this article I want to show you how you can create really custom front-ends for your CUBA based application. If you want to have customer facing UI as part of your software, here’s how you can create them.
The technological landscape is an exciting one and programming obviously plays a crucial role in it. However, if our code doesn't function as intended, what's the point? That's where app performance comes in. Both are important, both should be prioritized but neither need to be difficult.
As a trend, cloud is now mainstream. And it’s not an exaggeration to say that every successful company has already adopted it or is in the process of adoption, with the goal of benefiting from the agility, flexibility, and speed made possible by the cloud. While many organizations have fully embraced the cloud, not all of them have completely or accurately identified, evaluated, and addressed...
This article continues a series that dove deeply into Dockerfiles to see how they are used to construct images. In this article we build two custom docker images: one image based on the “tomcat” base image that hosted a custom application and one image that installed a specific version of Tomcat to use as our own base image.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...