Organizations don’t like to leave their legacy system easily as there are several concerns for moving into a new platform. Latest technologies may have the features to improve their operational efficiency, but moving from one platform to another is not as simple as it seems from the top.
Most Java developers already have the skills needed to get into building machine-to-machine(M2M)applications and take advantage of career opportunities in the Internet of Things.
Earlier this year, RabbitMQ released its initial support for the JMS protocol. Pivotal engineer Greg Turnquist today shares sample code for anyone to use SpringJMS, JMS Template and RabbitMQ for messaging.
Introduces a new approach to distributed computation based on the replication of software execution behavior across one or more simulated runtimes.
Use this blog as a Guide to know which dashboards you need and which metrics to watch in order to make it through the holiday shopping season. The blog shows the best practices captured from eCommerce websites worldwide and how they use these dashboards to identify upcoming issues and how they measure success. Especially interesting this year is monitoring users on mobile devices as it is...
The Ujorm is an open source Java small library which provides non-traditional objects based on the key-value architecture to open up new exciting opportunities for writing efficient code
Have you ever wondered how a machine learning could be be beneficial for your application? In this case study we demonstrate how our last release improves our internal machine learning algorithms by crowdsourcing expert opinions.
There is no debating the fact that the Java language requires an update in order to keep up with all of the innovative advances various languages like Scala, Clojure and Groovy have brought to the JVM. Let's hope the changes being made to core language constructs to accommodate Lambda don't have unintended consequences that make the community look back and regret the changes Java 8 has made.
There was a simple demo and some additional talk about it at JavaOne 2012, but Google hits on the topic have been pretty nascent, and nobody in any of the Java IRC groups knew much about it. There was a nagging feeling that this very promising project was going to run out of steam, especially with so much effort at Oracle being expended on cloud computing, Project Lambda and the release of Java...
After more than three years of development, Ceylon is now feature-complete.
Explore the advantages of Real User Monitoring (RUM) vs. Synthetic Transaction Monitoring, and how the combination can be better than either alone.
It's too early to start talking about Java 9, you say? The sentiment is understandable, after all, the developer's preview of Java 8 still has a long way to go before it's certified for production. But having said that, the Java 8 feature list isn't changing, so if you want to start the debate about which completely new features should be added to the Java platform, what you're really talking...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- Aggregating big data from embedded devices is changing the analytics world (09 Aug 2014) With more and more embedded devices being connected to corporate networks, more data than ever is...
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.