Build Android application package file (APK) using Eclipse IDE and Android Developer Tools (ADT) Plugin
Android application package file (APK) is program binary used to distribute and install Android application onto the Android operating system. Here we'll see step by step procedure of creating .apk file ready to be installed in Android device.
Have you ever thought of using your Unit Tests for Performance and Architecture Validation? Looking at metrics like the number of exceptions, SQL statements or web service calls for your automated tests allows you proactively identify performance and scalability problems. In this article we show how we detect problems automatically using Jenkins before hitting production.
"InterPortlet communication - Best Practices Matrix" allows to choose best practice for various use cases of IPC.
With apps running on multiple instances on Amazon's EC2, stuff spinning up and shutting down constantly, and just the ever-increasing complexity of applications you're probably finding that managing tags and alerts in your log management solution is getting unwieldy. Well today we've got a solution! Find out how you can manage all of your tags and alerts, across all your logs, centrally and...
This extended RebelLabs article covers the memory layout structure of class and objects, and how to get yourself direct memory access by using Unsafe class - sun.misc.Unsafe.
A security services company uses MapR HBase to calm a data flood. The software drops JVMs to gain better performance. No "Java Inside" stickers here.
We are happy to announce the release of logFaces v4 with many new features and improvements.
The known java static analysis tools could report thousands of violations, and this post decribe a way to xploit better their results.
Today, RRiBbit 2.6.0 has been released, which provides various new enhancements and version upgrades.
A study of close to 85,000 runtimes analyzes the popularity of different Garbage Collectors and elaborates on the reasons why the results are somewhat surprising.
If you you’re an open source developer and you are distributing your packages, you may have wished for the logs and to get statistics for the downloads.
ISVs and software vendors are always in search for alternatives to fulfill their business objectives and goals at the lowest cost possible. One of the best possible strategy that can help them save money while reducing the development and IT overhead is to outsource the software requirements to the offshore development company.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help developers make...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Choosing the right log aggreatator to mine your performance data (15 Oct 2014) To maintain and improve an existing system, being able to read and understand log files is an...
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Glassfish community thrives; innovations update (27 Oct 2014) Expert Steve Millidge discusses how Oracle no longer supports Glassfish app server and looks at...
- Java pro digs into trends in IoT, mobile, Java 9 (24 Oct 2014) Java expert Barry Burd discusses trends in Java 9, mobile development and IoT at JavaOne 2014.
- What matters most in micro-services, REST and NoSQL? (23 Oct 2014) Jeff Genender discusses REST, NoSQL and how micro-services are changing how people are doing...
- Can Microsoft Azure and push notifcations raise Minecraft to new heights? (20 Oct 2014) Many are worried about Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft, but with their Azure cloud and...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.