In this post we are going to see how to create and enable SSL in Apache TomEE (and Tomcat) with a self-signed certificate.
In this post we are going to see how to create and enable SSL in Apache TomEE (and Tomcat) with a self-signed certificate
Last week, the chatter around 11 year old open-source JVM language Groovy centred on new Android functionalities in the upcoming 2.4 release. For the near future though, there’s a far more pressing issue, with Pivotal’s announcement that it would be withdrawing support for the language and accompanying Grails framework once the projected Grails 3.0 drop is achieved. The final severance will take...
The JEP 213 – Milling Project Coin is a follow up to the Project Coin additions to Java 7. Note, as the JEP states, this isn’t a Project Coin 2.0. It’s more of an attempt at smoothing the “rough edges” that came along with these additions.
How does the Fork/Join framework act under different configurations? Benchmark results following 260 test runs against Parallel Streams and ExecutorService
When a task you're working on is too big or you simply don't want to do it, you cut corners; here is how you can do it professionally
The growth of fast-moving big scale Web companies like Google and Amazon overthrew some conventions, ones that used to put DBAs in a powerful position versus developers. Yet DBAs will not go away anytime soon, as a recent SearchDataManagement.com story suggest. How do you think the DBA - and the data schema - will fare in the future?
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
In this article we take you through Java 8 Default Methods and explains them to you in 5 minutes.
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
How MongoDB is becaming irrelevant when compared with it's competitors.
I remember old days of J2EE (1.3 and 1.4) that it was incredibly hard to start a project using JMS. You needed to install a JMS broker, create topics or queues and finally start your own battle with server configuration files and JNDI. Hopefully with JavaEE 6 and beyond using JMS is really easy and simple. But with Apache TomEE is even more simpler to get started. In this post we are going to...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.