The known java static analysis tools could report thousands of violations, and this post decribe a way to xploit better their results.
Today, RRiBbit 2.6.0 has been released, which provides various new enhancements and version upgrades.
A study of close to 85,000 runtimes analyzes the popularity of different Garbage Collectors and elaborates on the reasons why the results are somewhat surprising.
If you you’re an open source developer and you are distributing your packages, you may have wished for the logs and to get statistics for the downloads.
ISVs and software vendors are always in search for alternatives to fulfill their business objectives and goals at the lowest cost possible. One of the best possible strategy that can help them save money while reducing the development and IT overhead is to outsource the software requirements to the offshore development company.
With 42 services in AWS, there's a ton of data waiting to be explored! Find all of your Amazon Web Services logs easily with our newest blog, "Where Are My AWS Logs:" https://blog.logentries.com/2013/11/where-are-my-aws-logs/ That said, finding the logs is only the first step!
Got a chance to attend Amazon's AWS re:Invent conference last week. It was a great conference, and it was a real contrast compared to a typical Java-centric conference like JavaOne. Of course, a conference like this is a great way to figure out what is 'right in the cloud' and where it's going sideways.
Good news for Hadoop developers who want to use Microsoft Windows OS for their development activities. Finally Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 release officially supports for running Hadoop on Microsoft Windows as well. But the bin distribution of Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 release does not contain some windows native components (like winutils.exe, hadoop.dll etc). As a result, if we try to run Hadoop in windows,...
Need information about all your AWS services, such as EC2, EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, Trusted Advisor*, CloudTrail*, etc, in one place? Do you need to easily correlate resource usage (e.g. high cpu utilization), Trusted Advisor recommendations, infrastructure changes (e.g. starting and stopping instances) and user activity (e.g. user X killed instance Y) with information coming from application log...
ntroducing SAP is a cost that makes everyone very cautious about the return of this investment. Performance problems with SAP delivery can quickly propagate to seriously affect business operations and lead to tedious war room scenarios. End user complaints will usually point towards the SAP team, the SAP team will blame the network, and IT operations team will fight back. But what if the root...
It is always better to get notified as soon as any major issues / exceptions occurred in the Application, instead of manually going thorugh huge logs to find probable exception messages. Apache log4j provides out of the box log Appender (called SMTPAppender) to send email alerts for the log level configured in log4j configuration file.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java EE 8 adoption outpace previous releases? (17 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, Barry Burd discussed how and why he's predicting a fast adoption of Java EE 8.
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.