Proposes a novel approach to actor and process supervision based on discrete event simulation and signaling
Geert Bevin, Java Champion hired recently into the LiveRebel team at ZeroTurnaround, discusses why he left Java, and what made him come back after 3 years.
Today leading enterprise software company Atlassian introduced Confluence 5.0, a completely redesigned version of its best-in-class social and team collaboration platform used by more than 36,000 teams worldwide.
Some observations I’ve made over the years which I believe contribute to the disconnect that can occur between what a log file says occurred and what actually happened.
Stop redeploying in Java. Forever. JRebel 5.2 includes new support for Apache Camel, Spring Framework, JDeveloper, IDE plugin debuggers and new documentation. Woot!
JavaOne India is going to be held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre during 8–9th May. The call for papers is now open. It will stay open until March 15th.
How-to video, additional information, and resources on agile runtimes by VMware engineer and expert on Agile Java practices and enterprise systems.
Presents an alternative view of metric monitoring in which metrics act as mere queries but not the persistent data model for performance monitoring.
Feeling a little adventurous? Why not test the limits of the JVM and experiment with a language other than Java? In this report, we play with the new features in Java 8, plus Scala, Groovy, Fantom, Clojure, Ceylon, Kotlin and Xtend, plus add interview questions from the languages' creators/leads that we talked to, including Guillaume Laforge (Groovy), Gavin King (Ceylon), Andrey Breslav (Kotlin),...
EclipseCon is one of the most vibrant event in the software development world and ALM. Come in Boston from 25 to 28 Mars 2013 to attend rich set of good processes and success stories from large companies. Among all the topics, one is a customer case study about "Agile methods & Open Source tools in large enterprise".
In Continuous Delivery each build is potentially shippable. This fact implies among a lot of other things, having a good code quality system tightly integrated with our build tool. In this post we are going to see how to configure Maven and Jenkins for executing static code analysis on second stage of continuous delivery pipeline.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Hewlett-Packard Company
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.