Do you still spend your nights or weekends in war room scenarios in order to fix production performance problems? You have heard of DevOps but are scared of the change and you dont really know how to start and what to focus on? In this blog we cover best practices of companies that jumped on the DevOps train for the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. It takes a lot of...
Comments on some key concepts and ideas in a research paper outlining future directions in engineering self-adaptive software systems.
What greeks, romans, indians and NoSQL databases have in common?
PrimeFaces CSV Framework is revealed featuring the most complete and advanced CSV solution for JavaServer Faces and Java EE.
On most cloud computing platforms supporting enterprise Java deployment, Java is a first class citizen, optimized for the given runtime, and available directly through the cloud computing provider. It's not simply a software program that gets installed as though it were a decompression utility like WinRAR or 7-Zip. That's how it is with Microsoft's Azure cloud - but Azul Systems plans to change...
TheServerSide tries hard not to play favorites when it comes to covering the enterprise computing landscape, but there are certainly members of the community that the TSS editorship turns to when looking to uncover emerging trends, keep up on the latest industry changes, or even just grab a smart quote or interesting sound bite. When it comes to Agile development and application lifecycle...
While Eclipse and IntelliJ are almost identical in terms of their feature sets, there is one key difference which greatly impacts the fundamental architecture of functionality and user experience of both products.
This story is about two good reasons why the exceptions should be used for what the name indicates – for exceptional situations. If you start abusing the concept, you either make your code unreadable or start suffering from performance issues.
There has been a lot of talk how performance fits into the DevOps philosophy. One interesting aspect is that many believe that Monitoring performance is all that needs to be done. This cannot be further from the truth. The problem is that to do performance properly in a DevOps setting you have to transition away from monitoring the performance of an application and start managing it – not just in...
In this RebelLabs report, we encourage you to embrace DevOps in order to build a fully-automated Continuous Delivery pipeline in your organization using award-winning and recognized tools in the industry, like: GitHub, Artifactory, Bamboo, Arquillian, Selenium and LiveRebel.
The NetBeans team needs your feedback about your experiences using NetBeans IDE 7.3 or its update release, NetBeans IDE 7.3.1!
The latest release of Data pipeline is now available for download. It includes streaming XPath for JSON, Multi-threaded JDBC writing, expression language updates, and more.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- The challenge of tagging for analytics in a world of unstructured text (06 Jul 2014) Many organizations are managing massive amounts of information in their big data systems, but...
- From cloud computing to mobile development: Emerging fields for continuous integration (06 Jul 2014) One of the fastest growing fields in enterprise development is continuous integration. Couple that...
- Freezer: Putting object relational mapping (ORM) tools to the test (03 Jul 2014) Freezer is a code generator that constructs the persistence layer of a Java application: DAOs,...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
- Why All Enterprise DataIntegration Products Are Not Equal (Talend)
- Presentation Transcript: Time is Money: Dramatically Reducing Performance Inefficiencies for Competitive Advantage (Dell Software)
- Medical Supply Company Improves Opportunity to Cash Processes with Application Integration (Apps Associates LLC)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.