JavaFX is the new standard library for building graphical applications in Java, but many programmers out there is still stuck with Swing or even (tremble) AWT. Here are a few tips on how you can use many of the new awesome features in the JavaFX toolkit to build reactive and fast applications!
In this post we look into the essential information about Java 8 streams and how you should think about them, and how you should use them.
Software testers seem to have drawn the short stick, at least in regards to the blame game. When users notice application performance issues, the fallout may prove detrimental to the success of not only the application, but also the organization as a whole. To prevent reoccurring performance problems, understanding what went wrong and why is critical. Failing to adjust testing strategies...
Nginx is an open source HTTP and reverse proxy server, as well as a mail proxy server, load balancer, and HTTP cache. This course will introduce you to the magic of nginx. You will learn to install and configure nginx for a variety of software platforms and how to integrate it with Apache. Additionally, you will get involved with more advanced concepts like Load Balancing, SSL configuration and...
Learn how and when to use the standard Spring bean annotations - @Component, @Repository, @Service and @Controller.
Takipi blog v2.0 puts content at the center
In this article i'll go through the different advanced options of the CUBA generic Filter. We'll discuss, if this filter mechanism is just "fast food of business software" or a real healty meal.
Providing a full-duplex communication channel over a single TCP connection, WebSocket is the most efficient protocol for real-time responses over the web. If you’re utilizing WebSocket technology, performance testing will boil down to simulating the bi-directional nature of your application.
Apache Hadoop is designed for a multi-machine cluster setup. Though it is possible to run on single machine also for testing purpose but real implementation is for multi-machine clusters. Even if we want to try out multi-machine setup we will need multiple systems which are connected to each other over the network which is not possible always; what if you do not have multiple systems to try out...
To close out our Neo4j series, we touch on important production deployment considerations.
Automate all the things! Slack slash commands to the rescue
There is a lot of confusion about what microservices are, what service oriented architectures are, and how they relate to each other. Everyone from Martin Fowler to Steve Jones is weighing in on the subject.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.