AmEx Joins Sun's Liberty Alliance Project

Discussions

News: AmEx Joins Sun's Liberty Alliance Project

1. AmEx Joins Sun's Liberty Alliance Project (8 messages)

American Express joined Sun's Liberty Alliance Project on Wednesday, just one day after AOL Time Warner did the same. The joining of a major credit card company the "rebel alliance" adds major credibility to the initiative, which aims to create a standard way that computer users can establish their identities on the Internet.

Read AmEx heeds call of Liberty.
  2. yes, beat down Passport
  3. ...beat down Passport

It should not be an either-or proposition.
    In fact the most rational approach is a federated system.

Assuming an acceptable level of trust and oversight, Does anyone care who holds the root certificate on an X.509 chain? Should we?

Why should online user authentication be different? Choice is good, but "beat down Passport"? Why?

4. Well hopefully with all these announcements, Sun is on the verge of announcing something tangible. I have plenty of systems that would benefit from integration of this type of technology - but I for one don't want a single vendor (especially one with Microsoft's track record for monopolistic behavior) to have control.
  5. It's an alliance unlike passport. The name says it all.

nuff said.

Which company has microsoft's track record of monopolistic behavior ? Only microsoft can claim that trophy.

Stay off that crack pipe greg pierce.

6. Apparent you're more on the pipe than I nn.... reading comprehension... reading comprehension :)
  7. Ahhh, case of writers malaria. You still haven't answered my question.

8. [quote]
    I have plenty of systems that would benefit from integration of this type of technology - but I for one don't want a single vendor (especially one with Microsoft's track record for monopolistic behavior) to have control.
    [/quote]

Translation: I don't want one from a single vendor (Microsoft) given their track record.

Drink less coffee dude :)
  9. That's better.

;^)