The Middleware Company Announces Merge with Customware

Discussions

News: The Middleware Company Announces Merge with Customware

1. In a major consolidation in the J2EE training marketplace, The Middleware Company (who built and runs TheServerSide) today announced that it has merged with Customware, also an expert in enterprise Java training and consulting, and formerly The Middleware Company's #1 competitor. The new merged entity will combine the best of both companies, resulting in an unstoppable training and consulting powerhouse.

Visit The Middleware Company.

Press Release
    -------------------
    THE MIDDLEWARE COMPANY ANNOUNCES MERGE WITH CUSTOMWARE; RESULTING MERGED ENTITY IS THE #1 ENTERPRISE JAVA TRAINING FIRM IN THE WORLD

AUSTIN, TX (BUSINESS WIRE) - Jan 7, 2002 - The Middleware Company, the world's most respected training and consulting company specializing in enterprise Java technology, today announced that it has merged with Customware, also an expert in enterprise Java training and consulting, and formerly The Middleware Company's #1 competitor. The CEOs of both organizations have agreed to work together to create a new merged entity, which will be called The Middleware Company. The new merged entity will combine the best of both companies, resulting in an unstoppable training and consulting powerhouse.

"Customware is a fantastic group of J2EE architects and trainers. They are amongst the most influential developers in the J2EE space," says Ed Roman, CEO of The Middleware Company. "They regularly receive unbelievably high praise from their customer base due to their knowledge and capabilities. Through this merger, The Middleware Company will be able to tap into Customware's expertise and make it available to our clients as well, raising the industry's bar to unprecedented levels for training and consulting services."

"The Middleware Company's presence and contributions to the J2EE and Web Services community, and their stellar reputation in delivering advanced architecture consulting, mentoring and training in this space
     over the last three years is impressive," said Salil Deshpande, CEO of CustomWare. "We wanted to be a part of this very special group. By leveraging the marketing and strong brands of The Middleware Company and TheServerSide, we will be able to offer our unique services to a much larger community."

The merged entity will keep The Middleware Company brand, and the Customware brand will dissolve. All existing clients of The Middleware Company and Customware can look forward to new quality levels of services as a result of this merger activity. To find out if these services are right for you, email sales@middleware-company.com.

ABOUT THE MIDDLEWARE COMPANY

The Middleware Company specializes in advanced enterprise Java technology training and consulting. Founded in 1998 to assist corporations migrating to the Java platform to improve the success of e-Commerce projects, it helps among the world's largest organizations including BEA, Oracle, Borland/Inprise, Cisco, Nextel, MetLife, Sterling Commerce, Standard & Poors, and many others to reduce risks and sustain cost-efficiency by building proficiency in a Java expertise. Instructors are expert architects with deep development experience and strong server-side skills, as well as notable thought leaders in the field. Services include on-site training in Java, EJB, J2EE, and XML-based Web Services, architecture consulting, and open enrollment courses held worldwide. Courseware is licensed outside North America. The Middleware Company also built and maintains TheServerSide.com, the leading online J2EE community.

2. "The new merged entity will combine the best of both companies, resulting in an unstoppable training and consulting powerhouse."

Are you kidding me???

Unstoppable powerhouse - those are big shoes to fill.
  3. Well, we got big feet. :)
  4. Best of luck to all at the Middleware Company!
    You deserver success.
  5. Yeah, I have to admit, I thought that was a little over-the-top. I'd expect that on a press release, but a little less so on the front page of TheServerSide, even given the obvious connection. Unstoppable powerhouse of self-promotion, perhaps. ;)
  6. Congratulations guys!!! Salil (Customware) was the guy who instigated me to write my now famous Detailed Comparison of CORBA, DCOM, and Java/RMI back in 1998. Both Rickard and Ed I knew from my frequent interactions on the EJB-INTEREST mailing lists and later we reviewed each other's whitepapers. Seems to me like a lot of people I know are coming together. More power to you guys, way to go...
  7. Thanks guys. The press release is a bit over the top I admit, and was written for marketing people to eat up.. they love that kind of stuff for some bizarre reason. As usual I can count on my developer friends to keep me honest :)

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the merge is going well, and we're all real excited about it. When you bring smart people together magic starts to happen, and that certainly is happening here. We are all looking forward to working together to build a great organization and to make TheServerSide into an even more fantastic place to visit.

-Ed
  8. Hey, congrats Salil and Dion, and Ed, Floyd and Rickard, for adding more talent to the pool.

With the recent economy we're seeing darwinism at its finest. Only the best companies will come out on top, and a MWC/CW merger will bolster your chances.

Gene
  9. Whatever.