EJBCreator 0.5 Released

Discussions

News: EJBCreator 0.5 Released

1. EJBCreator 0.5 Released (9 messages)

EJBCreator 0.5 was released today by IT+ A/S. Version 0.5 brings support for application server specific files. EJBCreator ships with a GUI, and is currently able to generate source code skeletons for EJB 2.0 beans, Value objects, Primary keys, Ant build files, ejb-jar.xml, JUnit files, and more.

http://opensource.itplus.dk/EJBCreator

Press Release
    -----------------------
    April 19, 2001 (The INTERNET). IT+ A/S today shipped the EJBCreator 0.5 release.

The primary focus on the 0.5 release was to bring support for application server specific files. This is done by enabling a specific plugin for the application server you are using.

The new features of the 0.5 release are:

o Enhancements to the Ant generator
     o Enhancements to the JUnit generator
     o Application server plugin support
     o BEA WebLogic 6.1 plugin (released under the GPL license)

EJBCreator is available for free under an Open Source license (GNU General Public License).

More information about EJBCreator is available on EJBCreator's web site http://opensource.itplus.dk/EJBCreator/

EJBCreator
    The EJBCreator application generates Enterprise JavaBeans source code based on either the Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0 specification or the Enterprise JavaBeans 1.1 specification, based on simple input from the user.

EJBCreator is currently able to generate source code skeletons for:

o Entity beans
     o Session beans
     o Session Synchronized beans
     o Message-driven beans (EJB 2.0 mode)
     o Value objects
     o Primary keys
     o Ant build files
     o ejb-jar.xml files
     o JUnit files
     o Application server plugin support

Application servers supported:

o BEA WebLogic 6.1

EJBCreator don't depend on a specific J2EE application server, since all code is generated based on the Enterprise JavaBeans specification standard.

Threaded Messages (9)

2. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

This a wicked CREATOR!is there any plan to make it work with Jboss3.0 CMP2.0
    Thank you -keep up the good work
    Faisal
  3. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

This is a wicked CREATOR!is there any plan to make it work with Jboss3.0 CMP2.0
    Thank you -keep up the good work
    Faisal
  4. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

In future versions other application servers will be added -- JBoss 3.0 is one of them
  5. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

Does the tool come with command line interface or its just the ant-generator that can substitute for that.

kapil
  6. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

See README for command line options
  7. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

Hello!

I admit this is a nice tool, and I understand the authors put a lot of effort in it, and maybe I'm wrong, just missing something, but:
    Currently the tool overwrites everything implemented in the EJBs (well, everything changed) within the "IDE" (i.e. not EJBCreator itself)... as long as this happens I think the tool is unusable as I don't want to implement my methods within EJBCreator and neither do I want to merge all the time;
    So it seems to nme this is only a "stub generator", okay, I can do this with a simple IDE-template too...
    Please someone tell me I'm wrong!

regards,

Messi
  8. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

You are correct -- EJBCreator is currently only a stub generator. But many people find it useful. If you are looking for a tool where you can maintain your code take a look at XDoclet.

The next version of EJBCreator will support importing of existing code, which will help you. And of course the project is open source, so feel free to submit your patches.

9. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

Hi did anyone have time to compare this with EJBgen?
  10. EJBCreator 0.5 Released[ Go to top ]

now EJBCreator 0.5.1 is released

Minor bugs fixed.