Implementing transactions across threads without using J2EE

Discussions

XML & Web services: Implementing transactions across threads without using J2EE

1. I have a requirement wherein I can't use application server or a TP monitor or any other s/w that enables nested transaction .

Requirement
    ===========
    1. Multiple threads are doing some processing. Each thread should be able to do its portion.

2. Finally after all the threads are done I should do a final commit.

Solution
    ========
    1. A controller creats a connection object and creats prepared statements for each thread and passes it to respective threads. I am not doing any commit in each thread, just executing queries.

2. Maintain a hashmap that keeps track of status of each thread and once all threads are done successfully, finally call commit on the connection object.

Problem
    ======
    1. Since each thread is using the same underlying connection so this will be slow.

2. JDBC limits me in the way I can implement transaction and it doesn't support nested transactions.

Any ideas or better solutions???
  2. I replied to this in another forum. Please search for yourself, and note that it is not useful to post the same question in multiple forums.

:o)
  3. Thanks, actually I posted it on this thread and realized that it was the wrong thread to post to but I didn't know how it remove it from here.