home.create() problems

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: home.create() problems

1. home.create() problems (4 messages)

Using Sun's RI on NT4.0...

Session bean calling entity bean.

_dataHome = lookup(...)
    _dataHome.create(...)

ejbCreate in _dataHome gets called and after 15 seconds...

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: Exception creating EJBObject: ; nested exception is:
            java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create reference java.lang.ClassCastException

Seems like after creating DB entry, it fails to instantiate and the EJBObject.

Could this be a classpath problem? I've made sure that the DOS window j2ee -verbose is running in contains the .ear file which contains the ejbObject class file.

What else am I missing?

Thanks

David

Threaded Messages (4)

2. home.create() problems[ Go to top ]

What EJB version are you using? In 1.1, you need to call PortableRemoteObject.narrow(..) method, if you haven't done so.
  3. home.create() problems[ Go to top ]

I am.
  4. home.create() problems[ Go to top ]

A few checkpoints:
    Check your pri-key-class in your ejb-jar.xml if it is a BMP.
    Check if the object returned by your PortableRemoteObject.narrow method is being cast correctly. Check if you are importing the correct entity bean package in your session bean.
    I use weblogic (NT) app server to deploy my stateful session and Entity beans all the time and these are some points that I keep check. I have had no problems.
  5. home.create() problems[ Go to top ]

Why do I get ClassCastException when I locate my home interface using the PortableRemoteObject.narrow()?
    My sample programs used to work before but this particular bean code is throwing that exception. I can't seem to figure out why.
    Any inputs?