wrap entity bean

Discussions

EJB design: wrap entity bean

1. wrap entity bean (2 messages)

I am 2 week old to EJB.
    How do i wrap my entity bean with a session bean.

Eg : -
     I am having a Entity bean EntityAccount.java and a session bean SessionAccount.java. Now i want to call the entity bean from this session bean. I don't want to use create method of entity bean. Is there any way by which i can call the entity bean without the create method ?

Please help me...
    Janarthan S

Threaded Messages (2)

2. wrap entity bean[ Go to top ]

Hi!

First conceptually are you very clear with what is entity bean and what is the differance between session and entity beans?.Its adviceable that you can read some books on EJB :Enterprise Java Beans by Richard Monson-Haefel from O'Reilly publications or any other which like.

>I don't want to use create method of entity bean. Is there >any way by which i can call the entity bean without the >create method ?

Remember create method is used for creating/inserting a new record/s into the database.If you want to fetch some already created record/s you need to use findByPrimaryKey method of HomeInterface.Base on your UseCase u need to use either of the two methods i.e create or finByPrimaryKey method .

shiva
  3. wrap entity bean[ Go to top ]

Hi !

Sorry i missed one point, on wraping entity with session bean its an easy stuff just make a Jndi lookup within your session bean buisness method and invoke ur entity bean field methods through home and remote interfaces of entity bean.Hope u know the bean development cycle.

shiva