Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Webspher Application Server Problem?

1. Webspher Application Server Problem? (4 messages)

Hi All,

In websphere application server-4.0, There is a default host with 9080 as the port number. I tried to create another host with a different name so that I could work on that individually.
    So I took the help of the wizard and created that with different std_out.log and std_err.log and finally bound the host name with a different port number(ie 82).

Then I deployed an Enterprise Application(*.ear file built with ANT) and it was deployed successfully and log files also created after I started the new server.

But when I tried with the URl
    http://<
    It says DNS Server not found

Wht's the problem??
    Can anybody put some light on this and get back to me asap?

Thanx in Advance...........

Pratap
    NOIDA
  2. Webspher Application Server Problem?[ Go to top ]

Did you regen the webserver plugin?
  3. Regenerate plugin and then start the newly created host
    manually in admin console.

Regds
    Dushyant Bhardwaj
  4. Hello Dushyanta,
    How to regenarate the plugin?
    I dont have any idea?
    Wht I found upon studying the properties of a perticular HOST, It has a automatic plugin control for the default host server..

So do u mean i should add a new for my new server.if so, then wht values should i furnish to the fields it displays..
    Plz answer..

Pratap
  5. Hello Everybody,
    Kidely tell me the reason why following error message is coming

10061 - Connection refused
    Internet Security and Acceleration Server

I have created a new host (9090) and assigned to my application which I installed in a new application server in IBM websphere 4.0.

I have alos regenerated plugin just by right-clicking the mouse on the node and ran plugin regeneration.

Did I miss out something?

Can anybody say how to create a new server that makes use of a new host (Not default host,i.e 9080)
    Pratap