JVM Analyser Monitoring visualization system

Discussions

Performance and scalability: JVM Analyser Monitoring visualization system

1. JVM Analyser Monitoring visualization system (4 messages)

Hi all,
    I am trying to develop one JVM Analysing or performance monitoring tool which would send me data about the usability of memory , object name, SQL use, Heap Memory , Method call and other Class calls from the running application in side an Application server like Weblogic/Webshpere.
    Preferably the application will be running in the web application environment.

Just to make sure i am looking for the server side analysis only not from the browser.

I will await your response for the same.

-- Ravi Pal

Threaded Messages (4)

2. reply to kashish_yours@yahoo.com[ Go to top ]

Please reply to me on kashish_yours@yahoo.com
  3. JDBInsight 1.2 and 2.0[ Go to top ]

Hi Ravi,

JDBInsight already provides information visualizations that are unmatched in the industry. With JDBInsight 2.0 JInspired will be providing further contextual information such as memory usage, code profiling, callstack analysis, auto-component identification. JDBInsight 2.0 will ship at JavaOne in SF.

There are other enterpise features which will revolutionize the testing and tuning industry but you will have to wait until until the release. I would not like to give you a head start, ;-).

Something wonderful is about to happen....

Regards,

William Louth
    CTO / Product Architect
    JInspired
    www.jinspired.com
  4. API s Available[ Go to top ]

Dear Mr. William,
    Thanks for your quick response, but i am afraid whether i was able to explain the problem completely or not.
    In any case what i am looking at is :
    An application (Web Application) running inside an Application Server (Weblogic), i want to get information about the memory usage, classes loaded, SQL Statements executed, Routines Executed from a particular class, thread Locks etc.
    I would really appreciate if you could guide me in the direction as in where and how to proceed about it?
    Is there any API available for this kind of application to make.

I will await your quick response.
    MY MSN ID : jatthegr8 at hotmail dot com
    Yahoo ID : kashish_yours at yahoo dot com

Thanking you in advance.
    --Ravi Pal
  5. Ravi,
       you should look at JVMPI - JVM Profiling Interface that is part of JDK 1.2 or higher for your purpose.

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/jvmpi/jvmpi.html