Creating a Connection Pool in Weblogic

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Creating a Connection Pool in Weblogic

1. Creating a Connection Pool in Weblogic (5 messages)

Hello

I am creating a connection pool in weblogic and I am getting the following license error when I start weblogic server.. I downloaded my license two days ago and it seems fine. Can anyone help me here..

Thanks
    Shiva

Mon Nov 20 13:13:57 EST 2000:<I> <JDBC Pool> Creating connection pool SqlPool with:
    {refreshMinutes=10, poolName=SqlPool, loginDelaySecs=1, testTable=CABIN, maxCapacity=10, props=user=EJBClient;password=EJBClient;server=WI-VA24-DLEMXQM, allowShrinking=true, driver=weblogic.jdbc.mssqlserver4.Driver, aclName=weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.SqlPool, capacityIncrement=2, initialCapacity=4, url=jdbc:weblogic:mssqlserver4:TitanCruise@WI-VA24-DLEMXQM:1433, shrinkPeriodMins=15}
    Delaying 1 seconds before making a SqlPool pool connection.
    Mon Nov 20 13:14:00 EST 2000:<I> <JDBC Pool> Connection for pool "SqlPool" created.
    Delaying 1 seconds before making a SqlPool pool connection.
    Mon Nov 20 13:14:02 EST 2000:<I> <JDBC Pool> Sleeping in createResource()
    Mon Nov 20 13:14:03 EST 2000:<E> <JDBC Pool> Failed to create connection pool "SqlPool"
    weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException:
    Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
    java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: weblogic.common.LicenseKeyInvalidException: License over limit for jdbcKona/MSSQLServer4,any,1,01-Jan-2001|3f0cf86ad4ea5d66bab162d986887d30
    at weblogic.jdbcbase.mssqlserver4.BaseConnection.prepareConnection(BaseConnection.java:222)
  2. Hi Siva,

U have to download the .jdbcbase.mssqlserver4 driver patch which u can find in the Weblogic site.

Install the patch and it should work.

Naveen Jaiswal
  3. Hello Naveen

I know it sounds silly but I am not able to find the patch in the weblogic site. Do you happen to know the address..

Thanks
    Shiva
  4. Find the download in the following url

http://commerce.bea.com/downloads/weblogic_server.jsp#wls

Naveen
  5. Hi Naveen

I downloaded and installed the sp6 files and also copied the RDBMS file into the persistence directory.. Apparantly the problem wouldn't go away yet..

When I started my wlserver I see that it is using sp6. There are other directories like wlec under the service pack directory where I have extracted sp6. Do I need to copy them also..

Thanks
    Shiva
  6. Also set the max connections to 2, you are only allowed 2 connections with the eval version and it will error out if you try to establish more.