SearchBlox is a J2EE search component that enables you to add search functionality to your applications, intranets or portals in a matter of minutes. SearchBlox features integrated HTTP and File System crawlers, support for different document formats, support for indexing and searching content in 15 languages and customizable search results, all controlled from a browser-based Admin Console.
Main features in this update:
- Asian language support. SearchBlox now supports Japanese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional and Korean language content.
- Performance enhancements to search
- Improved Hit Highlighting
SearchBlox is available as a Web Archive (WAR) and is deployable on any Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2 compliant server. SearchBlox Getting-Started Guides are available for the following servers:
Jetty - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_jetty.html
JRun - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_jrun.html
Pramati - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_pramati.html
Resin - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_resin.html
Tomcat - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_tomcat.html
Weblogic - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_weblogic.html
Websphere - http://www.searchblox.com/gettingstarted_websphere.html
End User Features
- Advanced Search: supports Boolean AND, OR, and NOT searches, Fuzzy and fielded query searches
- Sort: search results can be sorted by date, relevance or alphabetically.
- Hit Highlighting: query terms are highlighted on content title and description
- Collections: users can limit search to specific collections
- Web-based Admin Console: easy to use and intuitive console to manage all aspects of the Search application
- Collections: create up to 5 document collections with customized settings
- Look & Feel: search results customizable using XSLT stylesheets. Can also be delivered as XML
- Reporting: real-time reporting with weekly, daily and hourly result sets, top queries and zero match queries
- Schedulers: flexible scheduling of indexing and index-refresh operations
- Crawlers: can index both HTTP and File-system based content
- Languages: supports English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish
- Stopwords: separate stopword list for each supported language
- File Types: supports HTML, Word, Excel, PDF, Text, RTF
- MetaTags: supports standard meta tag fields (title, description, keyword)
The SearchBlox FREE Edition is available free of charge and can index up to 1000 HTML documents.
The software can be downloaded from http://www.searchblox.com
NOTE: TheServerSide now uses Lucene for our search