Faces Console 1.1 Released

Discussions

News: Faces Console 1.1 Released

1. Faces Console 1.1 Released (4 messages)

James Holmes has announced the availability of Faces Console 1.1. The Faces Console is a FREE standalone Java Swing application for managing JavaServer Faces-based applications. With the Faces Console you can visually edit JavaServer Faces configuration files as well as JSP Tag Library files.

The Faces Console also plugs into multiple, popular Java IDEs for seamless management of Faces applications from one central development tool.

Features

• Full support for JavaServer Faces config files
    • Full support for JSP Tag Library files (*.tld)
    • Plugin support for many popular Java IDEs
    Download and read about Faces Console

Also, read the third part in the series on JavaServer Faces: Introduction to JavaServer Faces, Part 3
  2. Faces Console 1.1 Released[ Go to top ]

I really like the Struts console and because of that see this
    as an incentive for learning JSF. If I want to integrate
    Struts and JSF, will the consoles be able to run simultaneously (i.e. no jvm conflicts) in Eclipse?

Michael
  3. Not a bad tool to help aid with the issues of simply working with XML files but this doesn't provide any intelligence in simipfying the complexity of JSF itself. What do others think?
  4. Not a bad tool to help aid with the issues of simply working with XML files but this doesn't provide any intelligence in simipfying the complexity of JSF itself. What do others think?
    Maybe this can help you:
    http://piet.jonas.com/FormBuilder/JsfFormBuilder.html

It generates forms through wizards, helps a bit while drag'n'drop JSF editors and IDEs don't come up. This is what will ultimatelly make JSF easy for newcomers. Meanwhile we will have to deal with hand-coding most of it, but JSF is brand-new, I think it was expected that tools for it would take some time to appear.

Regards,
    Henrique Steckelberg
  5. Hi Mike,

As of the latest releases for Faces and Struts Consoles they are compatible. You will need to download Faces Console 1.1 and Struts Console 4.4.

-James
    http://www.jamesholmes.com/JavaServerFaces/