Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Which web framework is your favorite?

1. Which web framework is your favorite? (3 messages)

There are a lot of framework:

- Struts (less flexible)
    - Turbine
    - Tapestry (components approach)
    - JSF (components approach)

Which is your favorite?

I think web componets are more appropriate and flexible for web application. But it isn't the easiest way.

What are you thinking about it?

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Struts[ Go to top ]

It's make developing web application simplification, and it has many third-party tools.
  3. WebOnSwing[ Go to top ]

WebOnSwing Web Application Framework (http://webonswing.sf.net).
    This framework can create web pages using Swing components, keeping the same source code for both environment. The idea is make use of Swing arquitecture with all its advantages to create web applications, as its components are enough generic to use them in almost any presentation layer, like HTML. Also, this framework, provides some mechanisms, based on a powerful template engine, that adapts the look of applications to acquire a professional graphic design in web. It has some similar aproach to .NET webforms, like a kind of viewstate to maintain the page state through successive requests, and a set of validators (required, regular expression, compare, range, group).
  4. There are a lot of framework:- Struts (less flexible)- Turbine- Tapestry (components approach)- JSF (components approach)Which is your favorite? I think web componets are more appropriate and flexible for web application. But it isn't the easiest way.What are you thinking about it?
    If you want to go the components route than Tapestry.

If you want to go the "action classes" route than Webwork wins

If you want the standard than Struts wins

If you want what might be hot tomorrow than JSF wins

If you want ease of use, either Maverick or Webwork

My 4 cents

Kris Thompson
    www.frameworks-boulder.org