The following is a Q&A from Weblogic FAQ site
Q. When should I use a TxDataSource instead of a DataSource?The above is available in the URL
A. If your applications or environment meet any of the following criteria, you should use a TxDataSource instead of a DataSource:
1. Uses the Java Transaction API (JTA)
2. Uses the EJB container in WebLogic Server to manage transactions
3. Includes multiple database updates within a single transaction
4. Accesses multiple resources, such as a database and the Java Messaging Service (JMS), during a transaction
5. Uses the same connection pool on multiple servers
I am confused with Item 2 in the above list. Does this mean that if we are using declarative transaction management (Container Managed Transactions) in weblogic, we should be using TxDataSource instead of DataSource??
Should we use a TxDataSource in the above case for other AppServers like Websphere, 9iAS, JBoss etc.
Somebody please help.
Thanks in Advance