Hewlett Packard (HP) has unveiled a range of programmes and alliances aimed at the multibillion-dollar mobile services and infrastructure market. The news follows on the heels of similar announcements by rivals IBM and Sun Microsystems.
Read the article on vnunet.com
AirTunnel NIMX? is a software platform that enables full, two-way communication between any application and any mobile device in real time. A wide variety of applications such as content browsing, Notification, m-Commerce, enterprise applications can be developed and deployed on any mobile device. Businesses can enable access to corporate information to their mobile workforce; extend the reach of their consumer base by being able to reach consumers on their mobile devices. AirTunnel NIMX? supports Voice telephones(cell and land line), WAP devices, Emails, PDAs, Pagers, SMS and Fax.
· Write once and deploy for any Protocol, any Network and any Device through a Rich Unified Java based XML API.
· Push/Pull data or content to any Protocol, any Network and any Device
· Provision in the API for device specific customization.
· Device Session Management.
· Highly secure, scalable and fault tolerant with no single point of failure.
· Carrier/device level customization.
· Supports Industry Standards: J2EE, JDBC, HTTP/HTML, XML, SSL/HTTPS, SOAP, WAP/WML/WTLS, LDAP, SMS, SMTP, POP3, ODBC )