Discussions

General J2EE: Setting document root in jboss tomcat

1. Setting document root in jboss tomcat (2 messages)

Hi there,
    Could I check with anyone, how can i set the base document root of tomcat? i know that i can set it in server.xml in a standalone tomcat server but becos tomcat is deployed as a service in jboss, i cant seem to find server.xml anywhere . my web archive has to be deployed outside of tomcat and tomcat in jboss needs to refer to it there

according to tomcat docs:
    Add a entry in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml configuration file. This approach is described briefly below, and allows you to position the document root of your web application at some point other than the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ directory. You will need to restart Tomcat to have changes in this configuration file take effect. See the administrator documentation (TODO: hyperlink) for more information on configuring new Contexts in this way.

anyone any ideas???
  2. Seperate Tomcat and Jboss[ Go to top ]

I recommend you use standalone tomcat + jboss, use standalone tomcat as web server and servlet container, jboss as ejb container.
    The only problem with standalone tomcat is that you should add system properties -Djava.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory -Djava.naming.provider.url=localhost:1099 to catalina_opts, and get %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\jnpserver.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\jboss-common.jar from jboss/lib or make sure %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\jnpserver.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\jboss-common.jar in your classpath.
    I wanted to use applet in my jsp file, so I had to set a root or web server context for applet classes.
    I tried above configurations, and succeded.
    Hope you get it.
  3. Can you please give me more details on this how to configure and what are all the setting i should do.(Step by step) thanks in advance... Raghava