Discussions

General J2EE: Should I learn Hibernate?

1. Should I learn Hibernate? (4 messages)

Hi all,

As a young budding developer I'm always looking for new things to learn. One thing I've been thinking about learning is Hibernate. I'd like to get some feedback; is this a good thing for me to learn, in your opinion? How widely used is it?

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Why not[ Go to top ]

ftaroi nax ;)
    Hi all,As a young budding developer I'm always looking for new things to learn. One thing I've been thinking about learning is Hibernate. I'd like to get some feedback; is this a good thing for me to learn, in your opinion? How widely used is it?
    Why not, since it is popular and lots of folks seem to have positive experience using it in their projects. There is a also a chance that the upcoming JDO specs will share Hibernate's approach to O/R mapping. You can be with the mainstream and get accustomed with the technology other people found to be applicable.

Regards, Andrei.
  3. Yes[ Go to top ]

Yes, hibernate will continue to shape how persistence in the java space.
  4. Re: Hibernate[ Go to top ]

Thanks for the advice, for those of you who replied. I have decided to go ahead and start learning Hibernate for my next project.
  5. Lucky guy[ Go to top ]

You're lucky if you are free to choice technology to apply for your next project. I'm using hibernate currently and I have to report that it's a nice experience.