Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: XML/XSLT will kill JSP?

1. XML/XSLT will kill JSP? (6 messages)

Hi,

I would like to know your thoughts about XML/XSLT vs JSP.

Bests regards,

-- T

Threaded Messages (6)

2. XML/XSLT will kill JSP?[ Go to top ]

I don't think xml will wipe off jsp technology ? what is YOUR explanation regarding this ?

regards
    Rajesh
  3. XML/XSLT will kill JSP?[ Go to top ]

The two are completely complementary - you could use JSP to generate XML.

See the taglibs project at http://jakarta.apache.org/ for a nice way of doing this server-side.
  4. XML/XSLT will kill JSP?[ Go to top ]

I think XSLT is clearly a better choice for rendering a page if your presentation layer communicates with your business objects using XML. You're simply adding more complexity to your application if you try to use a jsp page to render XML data. As XML becomes more widely used I believe that technologies such as XSLT and XSP from Apache will become the preferred method of rendering dynamic content.
  5. XML/XSLT will kill JSP?[ Go to top ]

XML/XSLT works more on the representation of your data, while JSP can do more advanced stuff. As a consequence XML/XSLT is understandable for a web designer, while a programmer would find XSLT to limited. A lot of implementations I have seen and implemented myself generate the data (from whatever source) as XML using JSP (or ASP), while the webdesigner can use XML/XSLT to have the output his way.
  6. XML/XSLT will kill JSP?[ Go to top ]

rubbish guys only tell xml will kill jsp no one kill sun technologies.
  7. JSP is working more faster, and XSLT reqires more virtual memory for XML transformation.