retrieving values from iterate

Discussions

General J2EE: retrieving values from iterate

1. retrieving values from iterate (1 messages)

Hi,
    I have a bit of dicey situation where in am to retrieve the data...the prob is as follows...
    I have a value obj "order" that contains the instance of another value obj "pattern" which has a collection "Coll carType

I need to retrieve the value of getCarType from the collection..Am having probs when am iterating like this...can anybody get me out of this.

<html:select property="XXXOrderYYY">
    <logic:iterate id="ordObj" name="ActionForm" property="XXXOrderYYY" type="com.XXX.YYY.UUU.BBB.vo.order.Order" >
    <OPTION VALUE="<%=intOrderIndex%>"><%=orderobj.getOrderId)%> - <%=orderobj.getCreatedUserId()%>
    <logic:present name="pattern">
    <logic:iterate id="carObj" name="pattern" property="CarTypes" indexId="CarkindIndex" type="com.XXX.YYY.UUU.BBB.vo.order.TcsCarType" >
    <%out.print(carkindobj.getTcsCarType());%>

</logic:iterate>
    </logic:present>
    </OPTION>
    </logic:iterate>
    </html:select>

Thanks very much in advance
  2. retrieving values from iterate[ Go to top ]

Hi,
    From what i could understand from ur message , i feel that it would be better to create a temporary bean using <bean:define > to get the instance of "pattern" VO which u say is part of "Order " VO . once u have the instance of "pattern" VO u can use < logic:iterate > to iterate thro the collection which is part of pattern VO

Hope that this solution works Pl reply