Discussions

General J2EE: Start Websphere Test Environment

1. Start Websphere Test Environment (2 messages)

Hi!

I'm looking for resources to know how to start Websphere Test Environment (WSAD5) via a dos command line.
    In other word, without executing WSAD.

Here are the messages I have when WTE starts in WSAD

WebSphere Platform 5.1 [BASE 5.1.0 b0344.02] running with process name localhost\localhost\server1 and process id 2548
    Host Operating System is Windows 2000, version 5.0
    Java version = J2RE 1.4.1 IBM Windows 32 build cn1411-20031011 (JIT enabled: jitc), Java Compiler = jitc, Java VM name = Classic VM
    was.install.root = C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51
    user.install.root = C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51
    Java Home = C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51\java\jre
    ws.ext.dirs = C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/java/lib;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/classes;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/classes;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/lib;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/lib/ext;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/web/help;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/deploytool/itp/plugins/com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy/runtime;C:/WSAD51/wstools/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.etools.webservice_5.1.1/runtime/worf.jar
    Classpath = C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/properties;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/properties;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/lib/bootstrap.jar;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/lib/j2ee.jar;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/lib/lmproxy.jar;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/lib/urlprotocols.jar;C:\projet\classes12.zip;C:/WSAD51/wstools/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.common_5.1.1/runtime/wteServers.jar;C:/WSAD51/wstools/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.common_5.1.1/runtime/wasToolsCommon.jar
    Java Library path = C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/bin;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/java/bin;C:\WSAD51\runtimes\base_v51/java/jre/bin;C:\WSAD51\eclipse\jre\bin;.;C:\WSAD51\eclipse\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Compuware;C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java\lib;C:\IBM Connectors\Encina\bin;;C:\IBMCON~1\CICS\BIN;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\SYS\WINDOWS\system32;C:\SYS\WINDOWS;C:\SYS\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Perl\bin;C:\SYS\ORAWINNT\BIN;C:\Sys\Pcom\;C:\Program Files\IBM\Trace Facility\;C:\Perl\bin;C:\IMNnq_NT;C:\Program Files\JProbe Suite 5.2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin;C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\tools\c\samples\bin;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin;C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin

First, is it possible ?

An second How to ?

Thanks a lot !!!
  2. look in to the path
    server instllation location/websphere/appserver/bin/startserver.bat
  3. Start Websphere Test Environment[ Go to top ]

I am looking for a solution to this problem too. I tried changing the path specified by the config_root property in the startServer.bat file to point to the Test environment server, but that did not help. This is the error I get when I try to run the batch file.

C:\wsad51\runtimes\base_v5\bin>startServer test1 -trace
    ECHO is off.
    ADMU0115I: Trace mode is on.
    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
               C:\wsad51\runtimes\base_v5\logs\test1\startServer.log
    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: test1
    ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error:
               com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.NoServerDefinedException: No configuration defined for server: test1
    ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file: C:\wsad51\runtimes\base_v5\logs\test1\startServer.log

Please let me know if you ve managed to get this working.