Where to configure datasources to be platform independent

Discussions

General J2EE: Where to configure datasources to be platform independent

1. I have an application that was originally created with Weblogic Workshop and deployed to a weblogic server. The datasources/connection pools for this were configured via Weblogic's administration console. The owner of the application is exploring the posibility of moving to another application server.

I need to configure the datasource so that regardless of where the application is deployed (war file) it will be accessible. I have read through mulitiple forums and discussions, which have pretty much turned my mind to mush! I will not have access to the server.xml file so I need an alternative. Thanks in advance!!!
  2. The datasources/connection pools for this were configured via Weblogic's administration console. I will not have access to the server.xml file so I need an alternative. Thanks in advance!!!
    alternative - describe requirements in installation instructions and cross you fingers
    hoping person in charge of deployment find it sufficient to configure connection pools via WebSphere/Oracle/etc administration console