Aqua Data Studio 4.0 for Enterprise Database Management released

Discussions

News: Aqua Data Studio 4.0 for Enterprise Database Management released

1. AquaFold, Inc today announced the latest version of Aqua Data Studio, it's universal database tool for building, managing and maintaining enterprise relational databases. Aqua Data Studio supports an extensive list of relational databases which includes Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Sybase Anywhere, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Informix.

The new release introduces new features ...

- Visual Editing for Security (Users, Roles, Profiles, Object Permissions)
    - Customizable Query Analyzer (Auto-Completion, Syntax Coloring, Tabs, Results, etc)
    - Query Analyzer - MultiTabbed Results Mode
    - Export Tool
    - Variable Binding Support
    - MS SQL Server Windows Authentication
    - Database support (PostgreSQL 8.0, MySQL 4.1, DB2 8.2, MS SQL Server 2005)
    - ... more http://www.aquafold.com/features_4_0.html

Downloads - http://www.aquafold.com/downloads.html
    Screenshots - http://www.aquafold.com/screenshots.html
  2. terrific tool!

Sometimes I feel the GUI is cluttered and half of the icons are useless, can you please improve user experience? see itunes or apple applications.
  3. Amazing Tool[ Go to top ]

If been playing around w/ this for the entire day and Im so amazed by how much easier my life is.
  4. Hi,

With the next version of ADS I will be smoothing out the UI, including adding customizable toolbars so you will be able to choose the icons you want displayed.
  5. * It's missing the referenced an referer objects. I want to know where a table is used by a stored proc, trigger, etc. and what objetcs this object uses.

* I think a query optimizer might be a great enhancement. A must to a DBA.

* Another key issue to a DBA is the index management. Table view/edit should point also to the index each field is included into

* query results are quite ugly. What about an Excel like table for all type of results? I know it has a table for editing but i think i has to be the same thing when viewing the records and not plain text

* MaxResults should has a configurable default value.

* When right-click a table i just cannot query it using a menu item 'cause it does not exists.

* I would like to view db_sessions in a table-style with all
    details instea that list. Same to locks.

* i also want to filter the schema objects that don't 'belong' to the user im connected as. Just MyObjects.

what about a data modeler?

hope it helps.
  6. Feedback Response[ Go to top ]

* I think a query optimizer might be a great enhancement. A must to a DBA.

There is a visual explain which allows you to do an explain so that you can optimize your queries. How to optimize depends alot on your server configuration, indexes, the amount of data you have and how you want to optimize.

>> * Another key issue to a DBA is the index management. Table view/edit should point also to the index each field is included into

You can view index columns in the Index View/Edit dialog.

>> * query results are quite ugly. What about an Excel like table for all type of results? I know it has a table for editing but i think i has to be the same thing when viewing the records and not plain text

You can do this, all you need to do is enable the Grid Results.

>> MaxResults should has a configurable default value.

You can configure this in File->Options->Query Analyzer

----------
    * It's missing the referenced an referer objects. I want to know where a table is used by a stored proc, trigger, etc. and what objetcs this object uses.

* I would like to view db_sessions in a table-style with all
    details instea that list. Same to locks.

* i also want to filter the schema objects that don't 'belong' to the user im connected as. Just MyObjects.

what about a data modeler?
    ----------

I do have these on my todo list for the next and future versions. Here are all of my notes for future versions ...

http://www.aquafold.com/download/futurefeatures.txt

Thanks for the feedback, it does help.