Other improvements include:
- Application events now allow developers to execute code at specific points during the execution of a request, such as onApplicationStart() or onError(). The onSessionEnd() event fires when a user's session times out and is a capability that has been requested for many years.
- Web services creation has been improved, including the ability to specify custom WSDL for a web service, and generating document-literal WSDL in addition to RPC.
- XML data can now be validated against a DTD or XML Schema using the XMLValidate() function.
- Charting and graphing looks better than ever, with numerous new options for style and display.
- The included Verity search engine has been upgraded, and now supports alternative spelling suggestions and categories.
- The Query of Queries functionality is now more lenient about casting your data to various underlying Java data types, and also allows for specification of Java data types when constructing a query manually using the query functions.
- Greatly expanded data validation options, form validation options, and automatic protection against cross-site scripting attacks. For example, new data validation types for the tag now include credit card, URL, European dates, and XML.
Read Review: Macromedia's ColdFusion MX 7.0