Turning off Rolf Tollerud

Discussions

TSS feedback: Turning off Rolf Tollerud

1. Turning off Rolf Tollerud (9 messages)

Would TSS consider adding a feature that would hide all posts by Rolf Tollerud, as well as replies to these posts? This would really enhance the quality of the site content.

Threaded Messages (9)

2. Turning off Rolf Tollerud[ Go to top ]

Would TSS consider adding a feature that would hide all posts by Rolf Tollerud, as well as replies to these posts? This would really enhance the quality of the site content.

I'm sorry, no.
  3. why not?[ Go to top ]

why not?
  4. because...[ Go to top ]

Please tell me :
    1. WHO will decide which contributors have their posts censored
    2. on what AUTHORITY they base their decisions
    3. what the POLICY is determines which contributors get censored.

I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous suggestion. While I don't agree with alot of Rolf's opinions, he is usually entertaining and takes alot of crap in good spirits.

Kit
  5. because...[ Go to top ]

Please tell me :1. WHO will decide which contributors have their posts censored2. on what AUTHORITY they base their decisions3. what the POLICY is determines which contributors get censored.I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous suggestion. While I don't agree with alot of Rolf's opinions, he is usually entertaining and takes alot of crap in good spirits.Kit

He's an idiot troller who has NOTHING better to do with his life than make sure the signal to noise ratio of therserverside is as close to 0 as possible.
  6. Turning off Rolf Tollerud[ Go to top ]

+1

... and do it now.
  7. Greasemonkey?[ Go to top ]

I wonder if it could be done as a greasemonkey plugin (http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/)
  8. Selective individual filter[ Go to top ]

I agree there should be no central censorship because of the implications it would have (people having to think twice before posting because unpopular opinions could lead to them being censored).

I would recommend adding a feature in which each user in their 'My Profile' section could choose to ignore all posts (and replies to posts by) specific users. That way anyone who finds a particular poster annoying or without adding value can make the individual choice of filtering out the content provided by that poster (or posters).
  9. I absolutely agree - I can have a killfile for my Inbox, I should have similar filtering capabilities for TSS threads. It takes more and more time to find a comment that is worth reading now that I continually stumble across lots of comments where either Rolf posts an idiocy or people can't help replying to them. If Rolf proved anything, it's that we need a profile-configurable filtering feature.
  10. Please get rid of this guy[ Go to top ]

Hey TSS - you have to take some action before your site devolves into something that nobody cares to read anymore due to amount of nonsense generated by this one guy.

I've read several of the discussions recently and it seems like every single one has degenerated into a bunch of name calling and pathetic arguments that have very little or nothing to do with the original subject.