This implementation is based on the final draft 2 of the JCR specification.
This release candidate contains all the mandatory features required by the specification for level 1 and level 2 JCR implementation, and includes several optional and implementation-specific features such as:
- session supporting, JAAS based user login
- retrieval and traversal of nodes and properties
- adding and removing nodes and properties
- writing the values of properties
- transient and persistent namespace discovering and changes
- export to XML
- import from XML
- assigning node types to nodes
- XPath querying
- multiple workspaces and node references
- node same name sibling
- repositories, workspaces, namespaces and node types management facility
- simple API for Workspace's data storage pluggability
The implementation back end is made on top of any popular database such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2...(hsqldb is embeded by default).
This implementation is based on the current final draft of JSR-170, and will go final after adding the optional features of JSR-170 and passing the compatibility tests.