Hello,

I'm pleased to announce another installment in JSF Central's "In the Trenches" series about real world projects that use JavaServer Faces. This article examines how a software development firm in Nashville, Tennessee used JSF to build a Point of Sale system.

Here's a quote:

Late last year, a Tennessee-based software development company, located in Nashville, was approached by a major client in the home improvement industry interested in simplifying the selling process for their retail employees. The client needed a system up and running quickly, and with over 1,000 stores averaging ten sales associates each, it had to be stable, scalable and responsive. Based on the business requirements and time estimates, Senior Software Engineer and Presentation Lead Ray Daniel and his co-workers realized that they would encounter some of the same issues that one of their Struts-based projects had faced. This time, however, they had the luxury of evaluating other web application frameworks that would reduce both development and maintenance costs.

"I approached the project manager about the possibility of using JavaServer Faces [JSF] for our presentation layer. I explained that I just finished porting a Struts applications to JSF and found it much easier to use and code against, that it promotes a cleaner separation of concerns with the other layers of an application, removes the need to riddle a JSP with scriplets, and reduces the number of lines of code needed on a JSP through the effective design and use of the JSF tag libraries," says Daniel.

To see the rest of the article, visit http://www.jsfcentral.com/trenches/trenches_4.html.

Are you using JSF in any projects these days? Have you considered migrating from an older framework like Struts?