Magnolia 2.1 has been localized for 14 major languages, including English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese. It contains numerous new features: native search, XML-based import/export, a new cross-browser rich-text editor and drop-in single container amongst others.
Most notable new features:
- full I18N support - delivered with 14 major languages
- native search
- import/export of XML based data
- supports multiple JSR-170 compliant repository implementations, including the Open Source implementation "Jackrabbit" and "Magnolia Power Pack", the commercial repository implementation available from the Magnolia Organization.
- improved performance, changed data structure to reduce number of nodes by 70%
- bootstrap mechanism allows repository independent product delivery
- simple war-file drop in deployment on any J2EE container
- run as many Magnolia sites as you like within a single J2EE container for cost-effective hosting
- choice of two leading cross-browser rich-text editors - Kupu and fckEdit
- improved module interface
Magnolia 2.1 RC1 is available immediately and free-of-charge at http://www.magnolia.info/.
An online demonstration can be found at http://www.magnolia.info/demo.