Jboss Portal 2.0 released

Discussions

News: Jboss Portal 2.0 released

1. Jboss Portal 2.0 released (15 messages)

The JBoss Portal Community has announced the release of JBoss Portal 2.0 - Final, which can be downloaded from here.
    This final release is made available now after passing JBoss QA testing and verifying 100% compliance via the TCK. Some of the major improvements over the previous RC releases are:
    • Easier installation and configuration
    • Improvements to the Layout/Theme API.
    • Support for CMS residing on any Hibernate-supported RDBMS
    • Improved integration with MyFaces, Sun-JSF-RI, Spring MVC, and Struts portlets

The next major point-release will be v2.2 (Blade) due later this year. Items on the roadmap include: a JCR-support CMS, WSRP support, and a much-improved Admin interface for the management of dynamic objects (portlets, portal-instances, and pages, for example.)

Threaded Messages (15)

2. Congratulations to the JBoss Team for a great job. Code looks good and we have found it to be very usable. It was easy to get our JSR-168 portlets in and we were able to use it with Java Server Faces (MyFaces) without any fuss.

We have been developing on JBoss Portal 2.0 since the beginning of the year and our work can be found at:

http://www.alfresco.org

We are a team of ex-Documentum developers building a new content management system to fit into the JBoss Portal.
  3. Congrats[ Go to top ]

While jboss gets lots of bad press from TSS-Members one has to admit that they are pushing things forward. But the most interesting find seems to be alfresco; heard of you the first time and can't wait for 27th of June (or whenever its ready) to give alfresco a try.

Jan Prill
  4. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

But the most interesting find seems to be alfresco; heard of you the first time and can't wait for 27th of June (or whenever its ready) to give alfresco a try.Jan Prill

+1. Also, could you give us a date for the implementation of BPEL4WS ?

Thanks
  5. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

But the most interesting find seems to be alfresco; heard of you the first time and can't wait for 27th of June (or whenever its ready) to give alfresco a try.Jan Prill
    +1. Also, could you give us a date for the implementation of BPEL4WS ?Thanks

Brilliant! Check out the open source building blocks they use:

* Java 1.5 including annotations and generics
        * JSR-168 Java Portlet Integration
        * Spring 1.2 Aspect-Oriented Framework
          www.springframework.org
        * MyFaces 1.0.9 JSF Implementation
          www.myfaces.org
        * Hibernate 3.0 ORM Persistence
          www.hibernate.org
        * Lucene 1.4 Text Search Engine
          www.lucene.org
        * CIFS/SMB Microsoft File Share Protocol
          www.microsoft.com/mind/1196/cifs.asp
        * WebDAV / DeltaV
          www.webdav.org
        * JBoss Application Server 4.0
          www.jboss.org
        * JBoss Portal 2.0
          www.jboss.org/products/jbossportal
        * POI File format conversion
          www.poi.org
        * PDFBox - PDF conversion
          www.pdfbox.org
        * Open Office 2.0
          www.openoffice.org
        * Modeling Tools
        * JSR-170 Java Content Repository Interface
        * JLan
          www.starlasoft.com
        * JSR-223 Java Language Integration
        * MySQL
          www.mysql.org
  6. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

1+

Looking forward to their release, on paper it looks like a very professional open-source product.
  7. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

Welcome back analogy boy and artful dodger, the VC's allow you guys back in huh. Amazing how much effort some random guy would go to to track down so many url's and project names. A fine marketing ploy!

Come on Marc, surely the novelty of this astroturfing has gotten old even for a drug addled deranged lunatic like your fine french self?
  8. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

Amazing how much effort some random guy would go to to track down so many url's and project names.

...or you can just cut and paste the list right from their web site.
  9. biased?[ Go to top ]

Maybe Hani is a little biased himself... I would be if I'm in the market of JSR-168 compliant portals (http://www.go-epix.net) and get to know that there comes a start-up lead by the co-founder of Documentum and the former COO of Business Objects with some decent funding.

Jan Prill - not associated with jboss or alfresco in any way
  10. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

rofl!

i wasn't even talking about the jboss portal! I was replying to "John Newton"'s post about alfesco - a different product from a different group. "artful dodger" was also talking about alfesco, hence the reference to spring AOP etc.

quit gagging on bile and read the posts a**hat! Nice work by "John Newton", stealing the thread from the first post, even "chip tyler" would be proud!
  11. alfresco looks nice[ Go to top ]

Welcome back analogy boy and artful dodger, the VC's allow you guys back in huh. Amazing how much effort some random guy would go to to track down so many url's and project names. A fine marketing ploy!Come on Marc, surely the novelty of this astroturfing has gotten old even for a drug addled deranged lunatic like your fine french self?

Hani,
       Your lame and irrelevant.

I'm just a big fan of simple, elegant solutions. I'm not at all associated with JBoss or any other vendor that sells products.
  12. 2 artful dodger
    He is not only lame and irrelevant.
    He is also *conсerned* :))))
  13. I'll second the congrats - the Portal team have been very responsive to questions and fixes, and this release really does push JBoss Portal to where it can be taken seriously.

It would be great to see JBoss try and push the next iteration of JSR-168 - how many time have there been comments on TSS about standardising interportlet communication and themes!

Cheers
    Phh.
  14. 11:01:07,300 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.jboss.portal.core.theme.tag.basic.IterateTag.doStartTag(IterateTag.java:154)
            at org.apache.jsp.nodesk.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.nodesk.index_jsp:203)

Would have expected the portal to be a little more robust ...
  15. 5 minutes to start and ...[ Go to top ]

Would have expected the portal to be a little more robust ...

You're an ObjectWeb contributor, correct?

Try posting to the JBoss forums, if you have *legitimate* issues with the Portal.

roy.
  16. So how does the new release compare with Liferay? I haven't had a chance to play around with this yet but it certainly looks exciting and i will download it right away.

If there is an existing site on Jboss, is there a roadmap tp "portletize" it on JBoss portal?

/a
    http://apoorv.info