JMS - Vendors evaluation

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: JMS - Vendors evaluation

1. JMS - Vendors evaluation (2 messages)

We are evaluating different JMS vendors for our application. We are considering JBoss Messaging, web logic, webshere and Oracle Advanced messaging. Please post your experiences for the above JMS vendors.

Threaded Messages (2)

2. JMS - Vendors evaluation[ Go to top ]

We are evaluating different JMS vendors for our application. We are considering JBoss Messaging, web logic, webshere and Oracle Advanced messaging. Please post your experiences for the above JMS vendors.

I definitely recommend ActiveMQ. JBoss Messaging is quite weak in comparison, features and performance.

If you'd like a performance report comparing all the various open source JMS providers, drop me an email.

BTW here's our open source JMS benchmark suite if you wanna try things out for yourself.

James
    LogicBlaze
  3. JMS - Vendors evaluation[ Go to top ]

You can also take a look at MantaRay, a lightweight and embeddable JMS provider that is based on a peer-to-peer architecture. Being serverless, it has no single point of failure or congestion and theoretically has unlimited scalability. In terms of performance, it gets to more than 6000 msg/sec of 1K persistent messages from one node to another and it gets to hundreds of thousands of messages per second on a many to many nodes configuration.

If you need more information, send me an email.

Alon
    Coridan