Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: web.xml file for JSP pages running on tomcat 4

1. i am getting the following message when i try to access it a page on my server,

Exception initializing TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web
    .xml: (line 193, col 11): The content of element type "web-app" must match "(ico
    n?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,filter-mappi
    ng*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-fi
    le-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,security-constraint
    *,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".

This error comes from the terminal on which tomcat is running, i also get an error on the page itself,

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

could someone help please as i am just learning JSP's.

Thanks for the help

Threaded Messages (1)

2. Incorrect order[ Go to top ]

You've got an element specified out of order. Notice how the error gives you a long list of comma separated elements (some with questions marks, some without?)

What it's telling you is that your elements must be specified in that order (i.e. you can't specify the icon for an application after the display-name, etc.). Check your elements against the list and verify that you don't have something out of order.