JMS: Message received in LIFO order

Discussions

General J2EE: JMS: Message received in LIFO order

1. JMS: Message received in LIFO order (1 messages)

I'm sending more than one messages to a JMS queue. The messages received from the queue are in LIFO order.

Sun's documentation says that the queue will receive message in FIFO order, but it is not guaranteed, that means sometimes FIFO and sometimes not FIFO. But I'm continuously getting messages in LIFO order. I'm using JRun 4 server.

Also, tell me that can we assure/guarantee FIFO with any other MQ?

Plz. help me if any of you can. It is urgent....

Thanks in advance.

Ismail
  2. I'm sending more than one messages to a JMS queue. The messages received from the queue are in LIFO order.Sun's documentation says that the queue will receive message in FIFO order, but it is not guaranteed, that means sometimes FIFO and sometimes not FIFO. But I'm continuously getting messages in LIFO order. I'm using JRun 4 server.Also, tell me that can we assure/guarantee FIFO with any other MQ?Plz. help me if any of you can. It is urgent....Thanks in advance.Ismail

FWIW ActiveMQ delivers messages in FIFO order...

http://activemq.org/

Though one thing to bear in mind is with multiple consumers on the same queue then ordering can break as the JMS provider will dispatch messages to both consumers which could break ordering. So if ordering is important then only use a single JMS consumer per queue.

James
    LogicBlaze