ServiceMix is an open source, Apache 2.0 licensed, ESB built from the ground up on JBI principles, semantics and APIs. ServiceMix includes a complete JBI container including the Normalised Message Service and Router, the JBI Management MBeans support for JBI deployment units and Ant tasks to install components and manage the container.
In addition ServiceMix contains a suite of JBI Components such as:
- Services: Orchestration via BPEL, Smart Routing, Transformation, Scripting, Rules, Scheduling and Caching
- SOAP Bindings: SAAJ & Apache Axis, WSIF, ActiveSOAP and XFire
- Transport components: email, Files, HTTP, JMS, Jabber, RSS and WebDAV
New and noteworthy in this release
- a new RSS component for integrating and processing RSS news feeds in JBI
- a sophisticated XPath and XSLT based XPath Router and transformer JBI component
- migrated the JCA components to work with Jencks the Spring based JCA container which integrates with Geronimo JTA, JCA connectors and security components.