The current feature set of JBoss Wiki is:
- Full support of the JBoss Portal 2.0 security constructs to allow users and roles to be associated with editing and display of wiki pages and attachments within the context of a JSR 168 compliant portal.
- Full support of wiki page histories and rollback.
- An integrated DIFF tool.
- A Plugin framework which allows different wiki types to be defined and associated with different plugin stacks which add contextual content to wiki pages or do translations.
- Full support for attachments (attachment histories are pending).
- Currently supports the JSPWiki wikitext syntax.
- Includes a prototype search engine.
- Simple URL support even while running within JBoss Portal so users can access wikipages by the URL pattern: http://host/wiki/PageName
The JBoss Wiki team will be providing multiple wiki page repository implementations, and future versions of JBoss Wiki will leverage metadata associated with wiki pages which are contained in a Subversion repository. The association of such metadata, when combined with other types of aggregated information, such as blogs, forums, and even source code repositories, will allow users of JBoss Wiki to create wiki feeds that are aggregated with content from these other systems, creating an integrated search and content news system.
JBoss Wiki 1.0 Alpha is being submitted to the Portlet Swap project and will be available for download in the JBoss Wiki project hosted at JBoss Labs as well as in the Portlet Swap once the submission is approved.