This release fixes a number of minor bugs in v1.1. There are also some new features:
- Islamic calendar system
- Ethiopic calendar system
- YearMonthDay/TimeOfDay factory methods to ensure exact field by field creation from Date/Calendar
- simpler conversion of a month/week etc to an interval - dt.monthOfYear().toInterval()
- convenient method for getting last day of month - dt.monthOfYear().withMaximumValue()
Release notes: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=379940&group_id=97367
Hibernate and JSP integration are available from linked websites.
Major features of Joda-Time
- Easy to Use - Calendar makes accessing 'normal' dates difficult, due to the lack of simple methods. Joda-Time has straightforward field accessors. And the index of January is 1!
- Extensible - Joda-Time supports multiple calendar systems via a plugin mechanism, which is much more extensible than the subclasses of Calendar. Currently supported calendars are ISO8601, GregorianJulian, Buddhist (Thai), Coptic, Ethiopic and Islamic.
- Comprehensive - Joda-Time includes classes for datetimes, dates without times, times without dates, intervals and time periods.
- Advanced formatting - An advanced and extensible formatting mechanism is included, allowing input and output to string in a thread-safe manner.
- Well documented. There is documentation in the form of a quick and full user guide, plus reference pages, FAQs and javadoc.
- Tested. There is good test coverage, see the website, providing an assurance of quality.
As always, feedback is welcomed - whether bugs or reviews, good or bad! Only with input from the community can the library improve.