The components included are:
- Auto Complete Text Field - This is a flexible component that enables a JSF value binding to be responsible for providing the data for a text field autocompletion, a-la Google Suggest. This component is optimized for use in Sun Java Studio Creator 2, but will work with any JSF 1.1 compliant tool and implementation.
- Map Viewer and Geo-coder Components - This takes the wildly popular Google maps API and combines it with the the geo-location service offered by Yahoo to produce the worlds's first JSF component to use mashup techniques.
- AJAX Progress Bar - This component puts up a "wait" page where the progress bar is updated by calling a MethodBinding on the server side which return the percent complete, via AJAX. When the progress bar reaches 100%, the component functions as a regular JSF button, allowing navigation to proceed using the regular Faces navigation rules.
- AJAX Validator - This component enables performing server side validation but allows displaying the validation messages via AJAX, so they appear as if they are using client side validation. This is useful when the validation requires server side access.
- AJAX FileUpload - This component provides a JSF file upload feature that does the uploading via AJAX. This allows for some DHTML tricks.