Plocit is implemented as a Java Applet and can be embedded in a web page, launched over the web using JNLP, or run from the command line. A Plocit application is described in a set of XML files that can be created in an easy to manage modular structure.
Some notable features of Plocit are:
- A rich component set including Charts, Tables, Lists, Text Editor, ComboBox and Audio.
- Hierarchical Folder layout with an expandable folder tree.
- On-demand loading of data. Data is loaded from the back end only if and when it is needed and is cached on the client.
- Streaming Data. Charts, Tables and Text elements can be updated real time without needing to reload the data or application, e.g. bars in a bar chart expand and contract as data streams in, values in Table cells change, etc.
- Print Tables with excellent page layout facilities for multi line headers and footers.