Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Procedure of deploying EJB on ATG Dynamo 5.0

1. Procedure of deploying EJB on ATG Dynamo 5.0 (6 messages)

Hi,
      I have downloaded ATG Dynamo 5.0.I would like to know how to actually go about deploying EJB on ATG Dynamo.
      Though the documentation supplies lots of information on how to create Dynamo Server Pages,how to create one's own componenets,etc.,I haven't yet been able to figure out information specific to EJB.
      Could someone suggest some link or documentation regarding the whole procedure of deploying a Bean on ATG Dynamo 5.0?
      Thanking you,
                       -Yours sincerely,
                         Lakshmi

2. What are the steps to deploy application onto Dynamo DAS?

The application must be bundled according to J2EE specifications meaning:
    1: The ejbs has to be packaged in a jar file and include descriptor file (xml format)
    2: The client portion has to be packaged in a jar file, including descriptors that specify what the web-app contains.
    3. The ejbs.jar and the web-app.jar are then packaged within a application.jar file along with descriptor that specifies the modules contained within the application.

The application.jar file is used with Dynamo's deployment tool "rundarina" to create a Dynamo archive file <yourApp>.dar. Through use of the DCC (Dynamo Control Center), add <yourApp>.dar to the "Application" property within the "atg/dynamo/service/j2ee" component.

Hope this helps
    --Karthik
  3. Hi Karthik,
    I am new to dynamo.I want to deploy <myapp>.dar file in dynamo.I tried but I could not. could you help me step by to deploy .dar in dynamo.My project need urgent this .please help
    Johnson philip
  4. Hi karthik,
    once again johnson.
    I started dcc but Icouldnot find application property.could you reply
    Johnson
  5. Hi there,

there's an entire section on deploying EJBs under Dynamo 5.x in the ATG programmers' guide, you can't miss it, there about 400 pages worth.

In short, you have to run it through DARina, a process that creates all the container stub classes for Dynamo etc...

good luck!
  6. hi,
    which chapter is that dealing .
    Johnson
  7. Regd ATG[ Go to top ]

Regd ATG-J2EE requirement

CEI, a SEI-CMMi Level V company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA and Offshore facility in Chennai. We happened to see your profile on Monster.com and was interested in your profile. Kindly let us know if you would be interested to work with CEI. Please go through the email below and send us your updated resume for further discussions.

Note: We have position open at different levels. We would like you to go through the interview process to see where exactly we could fit you in our roles.

CEI is a CMMi Level V company based in Chennai, India. Our parent company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, USA. We have around 400 employees in the US and around 80 employees in India. Due to the phenomenal growth in the off-shore development business we currently have an exciting opportunities at different levels for our New Offshore Development facility at THE OVAL, Chennai.

Why CEI:

Ø We work with Global Agile Development which uses Agile development methodologies, including Rational Unified Process (RUP), Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum.
    Ø CEI is one of the first mid-size companies to implement eSCM throughout our operations.
    Ø The eSCM-SP model goes beyond the CMM and CMMI model by including practices related to topics such as client relationships, negotiations, security and intellectual property. CEI is working with Carnegie Mellon as one of the first mid-sized companies to pilot the model throughout our US and Indian operations.
    Ø More than 90% of CEI project managers are PMP-certified.
    Ø All our projects are executed using the following technologies : J2EE, EJB2.0, Struts, MVC, J2EE/GoF patterns, Websphere, Weblogic, ATG and Interwoven
    We are in the process of hiring J2EE - ATG professionals at different levels for our Offshore facility in Chennai. Kindly go through the email below about CEI and the job profile. If you would like to explore opportunities with CEI, kindly revert back with your updated resume for further discussions. Also do mention about your immediate plans of relocation along with your current and expected salary.

CEI Fast Facts:

Ø Founded in 1992

Ø Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA

Ø $40M revenues

Ø 400+ employees

Ø Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500 honoree

Ø VARBusiness 500 honoree

Ø Smart Partner Magazine's Sm@rt 100 honoree

Ø Pittsburgh Technology Council's Technology 50 honoree

Ø Pittsburgh 100 honoree

For further details please visit us at www.ceiamerica.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This position is based in our Chennai Offshore Developement Centre.

We are looking out for candidates with the following expertise at different levels. Please look through the same and if you feel confident that you would match this criteria, feel free to drop in your resume to CEI.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

· Education – 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science

· 5+ years of Java Experience

· J2EE Architecture Experience

· Struts 1.0 or 1.11 experience

· EJB 2.0 experience

· Entity Bean experience

· CMP 1.1 or 2.0 experience

· Session bean experience

· EJB JAR, EAR experience

· Servlet 2.2 experience

· JSP/Servlet framework experience

· Gang of Four Design Patterns experience

· J2EE Design Patterns experience

· UML experience

· Expertise in Rational Unified Process Methodology

· Exprerience with Any Application server (ATG, Weblogic, Websphere)

NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:

· DHTML experience

· WAR experience

· Model 1/2 architecture knowledge

· Knowledge of CSS 2 specification

· Knowledge of XHTML specification

· EJB 2.1 spec knowledge

· CMR

· EJB QL

· Message driven bean experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & regards
    Mithun . S. M
    cei
    The Oval, 6th Floor
    10 & 12 Venkatanarayana Road
    T.Nagar, Chennai
    + smithun at ceiindia dot com | ( office: 91-44-52147393 | ( fax: 91-44-52147394