Exadel, Inc. has released Ajax4jsf 1.0
, an open source project to combine Ajax and JavaServer Faces (JSF).
Created to bring user interface functionality to JSF, Ajax4jsf is a component framework that extends features of JSF to Ajax development. Ajax4jsf 1.0 allows developers to add Ajax capability, including to existing JSF applications.
- Ajax support within JSF for asynchronous communication and partial page updates
- Compatibility with JSF utilizing all JSF features during the Ajax request/response lifecycle including event listeners, validation, transformation, and messages
- Capability to make existing JSF components Ajax-enabled with no changes to the components themselves
- Open architecture and support for industry standards allowing mixing and matching of components from different libraries within an application (including on the same page).
In the near future, additions will include:
- Full compatibility on an API level with the upcoming JSF Extensions Project
- A Component Development Kit to simplify and automate creating custom rich components with built-in AJAX support
- A Component Testing Framework to simplify components development
- A Component Integration Framework to leverage the capabilities of widget-based technologies, like Google Web Toolkit and Macromedia Flash, in a JSF environment
What do you think of Ajax4jsf and the combination of Ajax and JSF?