EJB deploy problems in WAS 6.1

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: EJB deploy problems in WAS 6.1

1. EJB deploy problems in WAS 6.1 (5 messages)

When i try build my application(compile time) i get the following error C:\dev\vsriniva_Core_4_2_defect\WFX_Core\core\components\ant\xml\ejb-builder-template.xml:495: Unabl e to parse setupCmdLine: null\bin\setupCmdLine.bat (The system cannot find the path specified.) This happens when i tries to compile the EJB's using the wsejbdeploy ANT task. I was able to overcome this issue in WAS 6.0 by adding the following in my ant.cmd SET ANT_OPTS=-Duser.install.root=%IBM_HOME%\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\default I tried to do the same for 6.1 but did not work SET ANT_OPTS=-Duser.install.root=%IBM_HOME%\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01 What am i missing and what is the root cause of the problem? Here is my ant task...

Threaded Messages (5)

2. If you have got the solution for the problem,please with us.
  3. You need to call this with the ws-ant.bat instead of your normal ant. The ws-ant sets up the appropriate environment settings the websphere specific ant tasks required. I actually just call my own build file, and set up an independent task. For example:
  4. Resolved in 6.1.0.9[ Go to top ]

Websphere has recently fixed the pb in 6.1.0.9. You don't need to use ws-ant.bat anymore, ant alone is enough.
  5. You can run ejbdeploy directly[ Go to top ]

decompile the class WasUtils in wsanttasks.jar you will find the following System.getProperty("user.install.root") Run a sample program in IBM JDK 1.4.2 /JDK1.5 it simply returns null even if you set this in system enviroment variable. Use ejbdeploy directly as a command line
  6. EJB deploy problems in WAS 6.1[ Go to top ]

Please share with us.